Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] Holiday update - 2020.48.26/.30/.35.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D20035FA-BBED-4CA8-9F6A-8C8FE423D279.jpeg
Example of new UI whilst driving.

There were several routes used last year (ours came overland by train to east coast, delivered end Sep but some from that shipment were being delivered what felt like several weeks before) - its so fine around Aug/Sep time whether the harness was fitted or not that a couple of weeks may make all the difference for those of us who don't want to go peeling back their wheel arches this time of year.

I don't have the agility at my age to crawl under my car to check, although I would prefer that it has the wiring in place to potentially add a speaker without too much fuss (=cost). I collected my car on 21 August 2019, but perhaps a slightly more precise way of comparing notes is by VIN. My VIN is 439xxx. Has anyone with a similar VIN vintage discovered that their car has the wiring?

Theory...

UK/EU will not receive 48.26 due to only 25% 'fire' as PWS speakers are absent in all(?) vehicles.

Instead, 2020.52 or 2021.01 will be our next update when the reminder of the holiday updates land, thus distributing 75% fire.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

Theory...

UK/EU will not receive 48.26 due to only 25% 'fire' as PWS speakers are absent in all(?) vehicles.

Instead, 2020.52 or 2021.01 will be our next update when the reminder of the holiday updates land, thus distributing 75% fire.

Do Australia/NZ have PWS? As they’re postponed too.

Edit. They don’t

There is no speaker in the Aust Model 3's

Yeah, I went to the effort of looking behind there. There is the wiring harness, but the speaker is missing.

Also wonder if EU firmware has additional checks prior to rollout to ensure legal.

Last edited:
Theory...

I prefer my theory (post #117) i.e. 'non-speaker' regions will get the 48.26 update after 'speaker' regions, but I fear you might be right :(
Bad enough we don't have the speaker. Even worse if that means we don't get the update (which includes more than the Boombox)

I prefer my theory (post #117) i.e. 'non-speaker' regions will get the 48.26 update after 'speaker' regions, but I fear you might be right :(
Bad enough we don't have the speaker. Even worse if that means we don't get the update (which includes more than the Boombox)
Surely we get the update. Just because we don't have the speaker doesn't mean we shouldn't get the rest of the update. The boombox options would just be "Greyed" out as not an option for us.

Reactions: pow216 and CMc1
Surely we get the update. Just because we don't have the speaker doesn't mean we shouldn't get the rest of the update. The boombox options would just be "Greyed" out as not an option for us.
I think this is the correct answer. Haven’t had time to add flags to the software to enable/disable due to config. Wouldn’t be suprised if we got a .1 version. Probably straight after the Xmas leave.

Reactions: pow216
Just battled the rain to have a look it appears i have a little speaker grill near the driver side front wheel on the new refresh model. Didnt look there was anything at the rear.

Am i right to assume its either a grill and no speaker or its for somethong else? Happy to take a clear photo it would help