Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] Holiday update - 2020.48.26/.30/.35.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This update has added absolutely nothing of value for me. I really don’t like the new UI and would rather have more map space. I don’t need to look at the screen to know a door is open.

Clearly different people like different things, and you would think the maker of “the most advanced EV on the road” would be able to provide a customisable UI. But then, given that Tesla are completely incapable of producing windscreen wipers and auto headlights that work properly then perhaps not.

Reactions: drewpost
Definitely a bug fix, let’s hope it sorts out the ability to read traffic lights up. (Not that I even have FSD, it just irritates me that it no longer does something it once did well,)

Nope, mine is still only seeing about 25%. It always seems to correctly see the offside traffic light across the junction, but not read the two lights nearest the car.
They've robbed space from the map just to show that the car can't read the traffic lights.

facepalm-meme-uss-arizona-scale-meme.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Alwayshopeful
How long have you been able to swipe up on the 'extras' icon on the toolbar to get to the recent calls list?View attachment 622890

Didn't realise you could swipe up on the music icon either :p
It has always brought up the last app used. For example, if the last thing you used was the rear camera, swiping up would open the rear camera. Sounds like the last app you used was the phone app.

What worries me a little bit is how the UI just seems rushed, let alone the massive expense of blank real estate. For example the hold icon is in a completely random spot. Given how critical the UI is you would think that changes like this would never leave alpha, let alone beta stage. And somehow they are now in the finished product.

So are we now entering a period where we get any idea thrown at us. This is an easy fork to take on the road of software development. Plenty of programmes have died from over enthusiastic but poorly planned development, like the Xmas update arguably was. It becomes a disaster as soon as you start thinking “oh we will just fix that in an update”

which issue is this?
Windows roll down in cold climates to protect surroundings and the glass when it’s frozen.
It appears the Model Y was doing this, but was also sending out notifications of open windows using the new notification feature in the app. Those that would have auto-close windows enabled, would see their windows then re-close.

Two systems were fighting each other essentially. It’s report this firmware may fix it hence rolling to predominantly Model Y first.

Ahh I noticed that my model 3 windows were dropping slightly the last few days when closing again, (obviously been very cold lately) your explanation would match what I'm seeing.. thought it might be a bug, but obviously by design and I can stop worrying about trying to figure out how to get the window to roll back up all the way.

thanks

Reactions: CMc1