Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] Holiday update - 2020.48.26/.30/.35.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
48.35.5 in my 3 it seemed a little closer to the kerb than earlier updates too. To be fair, l doubt I did more than 12 miles on that update
I’ll be doing 80 miles tomorrow on my first drive on 2021.4.3 and see if that’s made a difference.

I think it is, otherwise you wouldn’t have the option to select it, besides I’m sure you understood my post.

From the manual;

WARNING: Autosteer is intended for use only on highways and limited-access roads with a fully attentive driver. When using Autosteer, hold the steering wheel and be mindful of road conditions and surrounding traffic. Do not use Autosteer on city streets, in construction zones, or in areas where bicyclists or pedestrians may be present.

use only on highways

{Vehicle and Traffic Law §118 defines “Highway” as “The entire width between the boundary lines of every way publicly maintained when any part thereof is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel.”}

highwayman

high·way·man | \ ˈhī-ˌwā-mən \
Definition of highwayman

: a thief who robs travelers on a road

Hmmm! Thinks FSD. :rolleyes:

Another case of language differences between the two side of the Atlantic, I believe. Here a highway means any road that can be driven down by a vehicle, even the narrowest of roads here can be a highway. I suspect the meaning in the USA is more specific, and perhaps refers specifically to a wider road, with defined road markings.

It's very unclear - Tesla should reword the UK manuals really. Plus from what I've seen - particularly on reddit - the first response to an AP failure is what the person was driving on was 'not a highway' even if was clearly a divided road which would pass as a motorway here.. so I've no idea what the meaning is there either.

Another case of language differences between the two side of the Atlantic, I believe. Here a highway means any road that can be driven down by a vehicle, even the narrowest of roads here can be a highway. I suspect the meaning in the USA is more specific, and perhaps refers specifically to a wider road, with defined road markings.

Yup.

I reckon over there the UK 'highway' translates to US 'pavement'!!

Could get messy..... Certainly 'separated by a common language'.