Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk Homelink?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an email from tesla clearly stating that homelink comes with all premium upgrades on cars ordered before the 30 th of may so if you would like a copy I can send it to you don’t take any nonsense from your service centre if I don’t get this feature shortly a visit through the small claims court will solve the issue and hopefully into the press I informed them back in June about this issue before I took delivery they are just telling us all lies and not giving us any estimated delivery times which legaly they are bound by will visit the small claims court this week to lodge quite a few complaints about Tesla and hopefully get them moving in a direction towards the customer
Can you send me a copy of the letter please.

Reactions: Sirricardo
Update: The good news is that a ranger from Newcastle came to install HomeLink on our Model 3 last Tuesday (because the Leeds ranger was busy) free of charge so that was great.

The bad news is that although the HomeLink feature is now on the car and claims to have successfully learnt our remote opener codes, it won’t actually open our garage doors (unlike our Model S which opens them fine).

I think I’m going to give up for a while.

Thats my concern. Homelink would be very useful if it worked, but I'm not going to risk £300 if it doesn't. I've submitted a request that it was part of spec when I ordered, but no confirmation that they will be fitting one at the service appointment.

We have Silvelox garage doors and our Model S wouldn't open them initially. Then I bought a couple of Seip EKR1MCGEF receivers and SKR433-3 fob from Armourelle Products and when I fitted them to the doors, I found that I could program/use the HomeLink fine on the Model S. So that's one possible solution if you don't have any joy with your HomeLink (if/when you get HomeLink on your Tesla).

Had HomeLink installed on my Model 3P two weeks ago. Was charged £270 for the device (there was no labour charge). The mobile ranger who did the install was super nice and efficient. It works great on the main entrance gates but I'm having less success programming it for the garage door. I do have a universal remote in another car that had no problem coding for both the gates and garage door, so will keep trying when I have time. The main gate was the primary reason I wanted HomeLink so more than 50% successful already as I see it.

I had mine installed a couple of weeks ago by the mobile team. Quick and easy (although a bit scary to see the car with its front in pieces!!). I have a Chamberlain. EV700 without any "smart" integrations. Set-up took 30 seconds and it works absolutely fine!

A couple of notes:

- The receiver is just below the Tesla logo on the bonnet - when you aim your remote at the car, aim it right there. Mine saw it in seconds.
- DON'T hit the reset button instead of the pair button on your main unit and forget all of the other remotes like I did :)

I did the same as KennethS.

My homelink on my old car worked fine with the garage doors but when I took delivery of my M3 Homelink was NOT installed on the car. I kicked up and sent them a picture of my initial order and they conceded (as my order was made before the cut off of 30th May).

A Ranger came to fit the new Homelink module to my M3 (NO CHARGE obviously!) last week. Sadly though, it will NOT work with our system (which has a universal receiver as above), we had to buy a new remote key and now all works fine. £43 spent on the new key - well spent (Liftmaster TX4 Uni S | Garage door remote | GateRemotes.co.uk).

It turns out "I was pairing it wrong"! Our Model 3 HomeLink works fine now that I've re-read the manual for our Seip EKR1MCGEF and re-trained the Model 3. So I'm a happy bunny.

Care to elaborate? I have been able to pair 1 of 3 remotes. I just thought you told it to pair, pointed remote at front bumper and if light flash, you are good to go, if they don't, its end game.

Care to elaborate? I have been able to pair 1 of 3 remotes. I just thought you told it to pair, pointed remote at front bumper and if light flash, you are good to go, if they don't, its end game.

Some garage door receivers need to be put into 'learn' mode - the Tesla screen tells you about it. I'd assumed this wasn't applicable to mine, but I was wrong. To put my Seip EKR1MCG receiver into learn mode, I had to hold a fob against the top of the receiver casing and press any button for about one second until the red light on the receiver unit illuminated. The Seip receiver remains in learn mode for about 1 minute while I went back to the car to send a test door open signal and then when the Tesla sends the signal it worked fine. (I think it might have taken two goes, one to learn and one to operate the door).

Does anyone have homelink with a SEIP C75 door?

programming mine has been really tricky and when after about 30 tries theTesla finally programmed I got the SEIP unit to learn and it all seemed to work, but it didn’t it doesn’t open the door!

ive retried several times with the same outcome, any advice will be gratefully received.

Does anyone have homelink with a SEIP C75 door? programming mine has been really tricky and when after about 30 tries theTesla finally programmed I got the SEIP unit to learn and it all seemed to work, but it didn’t it doesn’t open the door! ive retried several times with the same outcome, any advice will be gratefully received.

All I can say is that I've found it can be a very frustrating experience getting HomeLink to work with Teslas. I was ultimately successful but it took a lot of patience. I had the same thing as you at least once, i.e. eventually it "learns" but then the garage door doesn't actually operate. When that happened to me, I started from scratch and it came right eventually.

Sometimes I think it depends how much time/patience you have. It can be a tedious process. My own solution was to give up on the OEM garage door module and fit a Seip EKR1MCG which was fairly cheap, easy and worked straight away. Sorry I can't give you any other immediate "this is how you do it" solution though.

programming mine has been really tricky and when after about 30 tries theTesla finally programmed I got the SEIP unit to learn and it all seemed to work, but it didn’t it doesn’t open the door!

I haven't had the patience of you and gave up well before 30 tries. I got 1 out of 3 devices programmed, but not had a chance to check the programmed one as we won't be back there for a month or so - it may fail at that point too. I ended up deleting it due to location.

But other two would be good to get going. I guess I tried half dozen or so times for each one over a couple of occasions. Was it really a matter of keep trying until the car recognizes it? There is nothing fancy about these, just 433.92MHz static code I believe.

I'll probably end up getting a universal homelink controller for one, but the other is outside our control. I did have the garage controller apart over xmas, but its not obvious from the universal controller what needs to be connected to what. Can anyone who has fitted one please let me know what was involved? Out garage opener has a normally open switch connected to a set of terminals, which then cycles through open, close, stop. I also need to purchase a new safety beam mechanism as ours failed, so we have no safety beam at present. Looks to be some similar devices so hopefully thats a relatively straight forward swap - just need to confirm operating voltage.