Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] ID.3 UK orders soon to open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the VW emissions-cheating saga I would never use them, regardless of quality or reviews

I can understand your point of view. my last 2 cars (Scirocco and Passat CC) were awesome but the defeat device left a sour taste in the mouth. I'm part of the class action lawsuit against VW and the outlook for a victory seems positive.

That said, when I look at other manufacturers, I can't say that there's a large contingent I'd be happy with. Wouldn't touch renault, peugeot, fiat, citroen, mazda, honda, avoid vauxhall like the plague. Fords are ugly (missus' car is a 2010 focus). Not many other suitable manufacturers out there for me that give me what I'm looking for in a car.

Reactions: Mr H
I would be more nervous of long distance journeys without the SC network. But hopefully things will improve over time. But I’m not comfortable right now.

also, isn’t the VW releasing without some features that will come ‘at a later date’? Heard that one before! TV manufactures for example.

My M3 replaced a VW Sharan (with the cheat device) and I just bought my daughter a VW Polo which is a beautifully made car and ideal as a first car. The Polo has a rubberised strip down low (painted the same as the car) on the sill to prevent stone chips - Tesla would do well to copy this example looking at the damage the paint there is taking on Some M3's (I have added mudguards and Paint Protection film to prevent chips).

Anyway, I say the above to show I have no prejudice against VW (apart from the emissions fraud thing.) Yet with the head of VW software being fired over the ID3 and Golf 8 software issues and the head of VW brand losing that position too, it is obvious software is giving VW huge issues.

One would therefore be very "brave" to be one of the early adopters of the ID3. I'm sure with VW's resources they will get there in the end and mass produce a great value electric car, but if you can notice all the little bugs Tesla introduces with each update, imagine how many bugs are in the VW first generation software. Let's see how the first 12 months goes.

On a side note, if VW is trying to emulate the zero service Tesla model they will have a lot of unhappy VW dealers.

Reactions: ringi