Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Insurance Aviva Online

deluxe99

Aug 8, 2021
UK
Hi everyone,

Anyone here has had any experience with Aviva Online car insurance, their low cost arm (no phone support, self service online, etc)?

I’m sorting out insurance for my M3 SR+ and as I am a newly qualified driver in the UK (many years driving experience but foreign licence not transferable to UK) and live in London, I am looking at a some ludicrous quotes. The only one that would make sense considering is with Aviva Online, and even that one is already around £2k.

Looking at the reviews, there’s loads of people giving it 5 stars based on the fact that it’s easy to buy online but these reviews seem pointless, I would prefer to judge insurance companies based on their ability to handle a claim or any issues.

I have already had to contact their support centre regarding my quote and I was not impressed by their service. 24hr turn around on queries and not very useful in some cases. They do offer a contact number to get in touch in emergencies or making a claim, but I suppose you only know their usefulness until you have to make a claim!

Tony Hoyle

May 7, 2019
Stockport, UK
For London and a new license 2k is a good price.. Given you say you have little choice they know it and will provide minimal support.

You could try Novo.. they're very good (Tesla loan cars etc.) but obviously more expensive.

deluxe99

Aug 8, 2021
UK
"Aviva" and "low cost" have never been in any sentences I've constructed. They've always been one of the more expensive insurers for me.

I think it’s a new offering, it’s available through comparison sites, unlike the more traditional offering, which I believe is not available in comparison sites.

Mr_Dave

Aug 9, 2021
Cheshire, UK
The ONLY insurance company I would ever term as being easy to deal with in terms of general admin and claims handling is Direct Line, and even they aren’t perfect. But they probably won’t be the cheapest. If you just want the cheapest, try one or all of the comparison sites. Also consider By Miles who like Direct Line and “normal” Aviva aren’t on comparison sites at all.

Last edited:

Tony Hoyle

May 7, 2019
Stockport, UK
Aviva on comparison sites is 'Quote me happy'.

They keep one brand for the 'we don't use comparison sites' people and one for everyone else.. good marketing.

deluxe99

Aug 8, 2021
UK
Aviva on comparison sites is 'Quote me happy'.

They keep one brand for the 'we don't use comparison sites' people and one for everyone else.. good marketing.
I know that QuoteMeHappy is part of Aviva, but they now also come up in comparison sites as Aviva—I’ve got slightly different quotes from Aviva and QuoteMeHappy.

Olibol

May 19, 2021
Norfolk
We use Aviva for car and home and i’ve found them incredibly easy to deal with. Not the cheapest, but not a big premium for the level of service when something happens.

deluxe99

Aug 8, 2021
UK
We use Aviva for car and home and i’ve found them incredibly easy to deal with. Not the cheapest, but not a big premium for the level of service when something happens.
Oh, that’s good to know. Was this Aviva online (I.e. through comparison sites) or directly with the main Aviva insurance website?

Pink Duck

Jan 28, 2020
South Norfolk, UK
Weirdly Quote Me Happy has always refused to provide quotes for my Tesla, while this year I have an Aviva online policy (after they suddenly became competitive for the first time).

Was able to request change to NCD after proof made available from previous insurer online, but to handle that they called me then transferred via two agents to a Norwich office worker who was able to refund. They messed that up so I received both pro-rata and back-dated credit!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC