Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Insurance Aviva Online

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Anyone here has had any experience with Aviva Online car insurance, their low cost arm (no phone support, self service online, etc)?

I’m sorting out insurance for my M3 SR+ and as I am a newly qualified driver in the UK (many years driving experience but foreign licence not transferable to UK) and live in London, I am looking at a some ludicrous quotes. The only one that would make sense considering is with Aviva Online, and even that one is already around £2k.

Looking at the reviews, there’s loads of people giving it 5 stars based on the fact that it’s easy to buy online but these reviews seem pointless, I would prefer to judge insurance companies based on their ability to handle a claim or any issues.

I have already had to contact their support centre regarding my quote and I was not impressed by their service. 24hr turn around on queries and not very useful in some cases. They do offer a contact number to get in touch in emergencies or making a claim, but I suppose you only know their usefulness until you have to make a claim!

The ONLY insurance company I would ever term as being easy to deal with in terms of general admin and claims handling is Direct Line, and even they aren’t perfect. But they probably won’t be the cheapest. If you just want the cheapest, try one or all of the comparison sites. Also consider By Miles who like Direct Line and “normal” Aviva aren’t on comparison sites at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weirdly Quote Me Happy has always refused to provide quotes for my Tesla, while this year I have an Aviva online policy (after they suddenly became competitive for the first time).

Was able to request change to NCD after proof made available from previous insurer online, but to handle that they called me then transferred via two agents to a Norwich office worker who was able to refund. They messed that up so I received both pro-rata and back-dated credit!