TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

UK Insurance

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Adam Morris, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Adam Morris

Adam Morris New Member

Hi,

I have a 90D on order - delivery late June/July. Very excited.

I was interested to know from fellow UK owners, which insurance companies they would recommend and if they have any tips on this?

Many thanks in advance.

2. empire80

empire80 Member

My dealership suggested Home & Legacy (part of Allianz), plus NFU, Admiral and LV=. I think somewhere else I found a link to a spreadsheet where UK owners had input their insurance details (company, age, location and premium) which was quite helpful, but I can't remember where. I think those 4 companies were the most common in the spreadsheet.

3. EchoVictor

EchoVictor Member

4. Adam Morris

Adam Morris New Member

Great. Thx.

5. AB4EJ

AB4EJ Member

Here's a request - if you feel comfortable doing it, how about posting what the premiums are for the insurance, this is of interest to people in the forum. I bought insurance for new MS last week, and it was 800 (US$) (or about 560 pounds UK) annually.

6. mick kelly

mick kelly New Member

I have just bought my Tesla delivery this month (Showroom Model). LV, NFU and M&S refused to quote. I tried Home & Legacy £959.

Finally got to speak to a Tesla rep who tole me to speak to Direct line who they are now in partnership with - £466! age 62, 9years NCD great postcode.