Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a 90D on order - delivery late June/July. Very excited.

I was interested to know from fellow UK owners, which insurance companies they would recommend and if they have any tips on this?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have a 90D on order - delivery late June/July. Very excited.

I was interested to know from fellow UK owners, which insurance companies they would recommend and if they have any tips on this?

Many thanks in advance.
My dealership suggested Home & Legacy (part of Allianz), plus NFU, Admiral and LV=. I think somewhere else I found a link to a spreadsheet where UK owners had input their insurance details (company, age, location and premium) which was quite helpful, but I can't remember where. I think those 4 companies were the most common in the spreadsheet.

Here's a request - if you feel comfortable doing it, how about posting what the premiums are for the insurance, this is of interest to people in the forum. I bought insurance for new MS last week, and it was 800 (US$) (or about 560 pounds UK) annually.

I have just bought my Tesla delivery this month (Showroom Model). LV, NFU and M&S refused to quote. I tried Home & Legacy £959.

Finally got to speak to a Tesla rep who tole me to speak to Direct line who they are now in partnership with - £466! age 62, 9years NCD great postcode.

Trying to get my Model S P100D this week before I pick it up.

Tesla recommended LV, Admiral and Direct Line. LV wouldn't quote because the car was too high in value, Admiral did (~£1700, although I need to check if they cover the battery), Direct Line told me to go back to Tesla because they are doing a special partnership with them as @mick kelly mentions above. However Tesla say that the Direct Line partnership is only for Model X, not Model S. Currently waiting to hear back on a quote from Home & Legacy, who seemed by far the easiest to deal with in terms of knowledge about Tesla and the new models. We'll see what the quote's like.

One painful part of this is that nobody will insure it without the registration number, but Tesla will only get it assigned the day before pickup, which makes things a bit of a rush!

I am 31, live central London with underground parking and took delivery of my P90D in September - I tried all the normal Tesla recommended insurers - some wouldn't quote and the ones that would were £2000+ (I was paying £900 combined for both an M5 and DB9 before). I eventually found Admiral who quoted £1100 with a low excess so went with them.

I insured my S90D at the end of march with Direct Line for £550 per year. 10 yrs NCD. agre 58 and benigh postcode. tesla directed me to DL and this is for all cars not just the X as mentioned above. great service.