Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Inventory cars... Price difference...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The summary screen is just an example to 'get you through the door'.

Also remember that new cars get a lower interest rate than the 'Used' cars, not sure what the rates are now though.

As sidmini has stated, use a referral code to get free supercharging, use someones who has helped you along the path to purchase, or someone who will actually gift their referral 'gift' to you or donate the flyer to a local hospital etc.

Happy hunting for your new car.

image 1.png
image 2.png

So, somehow £635 per month has become £687 a month...

BTW, I'm fully aware of the referral codes, thanks guys.

That specific vehicle is not one I am interested in but all the new inventory cars show the same difference.

They are all based on the same £10,000 down/48 months so it isn't a change there either.

If nobody knows I'll talk to Tesla to figure it out and report back.

One further comment re referral codes, just to save time for everyone, I will only use a code from a UK owner and I already have a short list of those who have provided useful information and help, so unsolicited offers will not receive a reply.

I hope you all understand, but it is a little irritating to get random messages on here whenever I ask a question that might indicate that I might be purchasing a Tesla... :)

Reactions: .jg. and Terry_B58
That specific vehicle is not one I am interested in but all the new inventory cars show the same difference.

They are all based on the same £10,000 down/48 months so it isn't a change there either.

If nobody knows I'll talk to Tesla to figure it out and report back.

One further comment re referral codes, just to save time for everyone, I will only use a code from a UK owner and I already have a short list of those who have provided useful information and help, so unsolicited offers will not receive a reply.

I hope you all understand, but it is a little irritating to get random messages on here whenever I ask a question that might indicate that I might be purchasing a Tesla... :)

left side is apparently PCP and right side HP (higher purchase) which will always show a higher cost due to the agreement. Do you have the car spec / VIN? the APR can be wrong sometimes too best to confirm with Tesla sales and they will get you the right price.

I've gone through the numbers carefully now, it isn't PCP vs HP, the difference would be a lot higher if that was the case, but it does seem to reflect a difference in PCP interest rate.

The first, lower price, reflects an interest rate of about 2.9% whereas the second higher figure is the normal 4.9% shown for custom orders.

You have to adjust for the reduced price of the inventory car and the difference in deposit (£11,000 on custom vs £10,000 on inventory) but the number work out with that assumption.

I'll check with Tesla to see if it is correct that there is a lower interest rate on inventory vehicles...

Checking a few options on Tesla.com and I noticed that the quoted monthly cost when displayed on the summary screen, is lower than the cost shown on the details screen, any idea why?

I think it’s the Tesla smoke and mirrors trick. It’s the same if you custom build a car. The lower figure is a contrived cost taking into account petrol savings etc. There’s a tool here:

Tesla Cost Comparison

The actual payment per month is the higher one.

I think it’s the Tesla smoke and mirrors trick. It’s the same if you custom build a car. The lower figure is a contrived cost taking into account petrol savings etc.

I'm familiar with that one, but no, that isn't it in this case, the numbers don;t stack up.

Mark APR for inventory 75 is 3.5% 100 is 2.5% all custom builds appear to be 4.9% Would be interested to hear your report

I tend to agree, it does look like they are showing much lower APR figures for the inventory cars, and yes it does look like the 100 is getting a better rate than the 75.

I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get a straight answer.

I think it’s the Tesla smoke and mirrors trick. It’s the same if you custom build a car. The lower figure is a contrived cost taking into account petrol savings etc.

I'm familiar with that one, but no, that isn't it in this case, the numbers don;t stack up.

Mark APR for inventory 75 is 3.5% 100 is 2.5% all custom builds appear to be 4.9% Would be interested to hear your report

I tend to agree, it does look like they are showing much lower APR figures for the inventory cars, and yes it does look like the 100 is getting a better rate than the 75.

I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get a straight answer.

Waiting on a call back, first conversation went like this...

'So how is it that there are two different prices as you progress through the details?..'

'One moment sir I'll take a look..'
'Hmm... I see the problem, this will need to be escalated to our Technical Team'.'

'OK, so which is the correct price?...'

'err... I can't really say' ...

So, waiting on a call back right now from someone who can say :)