Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK latest update...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone IN THE UK had the update that makes the easy access system usable (and Santa!)? I want to use the easy access but don't as it means whenever I put the car into park at traffic lights I end up sitting in the back:)

I normally get updates quite fast but had none for 6 weeks.

If you haven't already got that version I would advice you to pop over to your closest Service Center having them push the software to your car.

I have to ask though: Why on earth engage park-mode sitting at traffic lights? :confused:

I engage park so I do not dazzle the person behind - do you not do that??
I don't have my S yet but I put my handbrake on at traffic lights (it comes on automatically) so as not to blind people behind me. I hate sitting at traffic lights behind someone who holds their foot on the brake. Especially when it's dark in winter and their car has a third, eye-level brake light in the centre. It's just courtesy imo.

Reactions: nowtleft
Uh, like never? Hill hold puts the brakes on so the person in front knows you DO have the brakes on and you don’t need to hold the pedal. Never heard of the person in back not wanting to know this and caring about bright brake lights. :D
What if u r not on a hill? At night the brakes are a real pain when kept on for ages at lights etc. Please STOP blinding people!

I've never driven in the UK, just trains and subways. Exactly how long are your stoplights?

It is actually a rule (114) in the UK Highway Code - 'In stationary queues of traffic, drivers should apply the parking brake and, once the following traffic has stopped, take their foot off the footbrake to deactivate the vehicle brake lights. This will minimise glare to road users behind until the traffic moves again.'

I'd be lying if I said I always followed that rule though :)

It is actually a rule (114) in the UK Highway Code - 'In stationary queues of traffic, drivers should apply the parking brake and, once the following traffic has stopped, take their foot off the footbrake to deactivate the vehicle brake lights. This will minimise glare to road users behind until the traffic moves again.'

I'd be lying if I said I always followed that rule though :)
Why would the stopped cars behind care about the glare? The glare is gone once it's time to move again.

Weird. You must be one of the irritating people who blind me!! Cheers.
I've never been to UK, so probably not me. Maybe in UK you guys have some regulatory requirements for some super high beam stop lights? I can see that being useful in case you head over to Germany so people doing 300km/h on the autobahn can see you braking well ahead of time even when driving directly towards the rising or setting sun, I guess. If that's it, then I can see why you'd want the high beam stop lights off at lights.

Every car in the uk with auto handbrake does this, BMW, Tesla, etc. And we’ve had a number of versions past Santa, comfort access and so on. As good and TMC is, I’d suggest the uk owners forum for uk owners questions.