Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Lease Deals?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leasing?

Hi
i am getting my 70d next month which I am purchasing with 25%deposit over 3 years
i have always previously contract hired my cars but intend to keep this car longer than my usual 2 years
is your 'lease' actually contract hire or finance with a balloon payment ?
are you self employed?
what extras will you be ordering ?
I can give you some advice if you can give me the details

Thanks. I am employed and always have lease cars through my employer. Don't have a big deposit so 6 up front payments is the limit, hand the car back after 5 years and walk away. I claim the 45p per mile allowance which helps :) I average 14,000-15,000 miles a year.

I currently have a BMW 320D costing £320+VAT per month so although the Tesla is more money its a much better car and the servicing and fuel costs are much lower.

Leasing?

Ok
i was barking up the wrong tree!
i was going to advise about leasing being off balance sheet and the enhanced capital allowance of it being an asset could allow a much higher monthly payment and reduced term but I realise that's irrelevant to you !

Thanks. I am employed and always have lease cars through my employer. Don't have a big deposit so 6 up front payments is the limit, hand the car back after 5 years and walk away. I claim the 45p per mile allowance which helps :) I average 14,000-15,000 miles a year.

I currently have a BMW 320D costing £320+VAT per month so although the Tesla is more money its a much better car and the servicing and fuel costs are much lower.

Is this a maintained lease?

The servicing costs will be similar, as even though it doesn't need the (expensive for what they are) inspections to meet warranty requirements, the lease company will likely require them under terms of the lease. So budget £40pcm

It's also worth bearing in mind you will be outside the "bumper to bumper" warranty in 3.5 years on a mileage basis and still have 18 months to go. If something goes wrong outside the drive train, don't presume it will be cheap ;) Finally for year 5 you will need to pay for a mobile contract for the car (no idea how much that will cost)

I'm not saying don't do it, but do go in with your eyes open...

Who is the leasing company please, if you don't mind answering?

Tesla Model S Hatchback 70KWH Dual Motor 5DR [Nav] Car Personal Lease

I confirmed with Tesla its their preferred company and the cheapest I can find.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a maintained lease?

The servicing costs will be similar, as even though it doesn't need the (expensive for what they are) inspections to meet warranty requirements, the lease company will likely require them under terms of the lease. So budget £40pcm

It's also worth bearing in mind you will be outside the "bumper to bumper" warranty in 3.5 years on a mileage basis and still have 18 months to go. If something goes wrong outside the drive train, don't presume it will be cheap ;) Finally for year 5 you will need to pay for a mobile contract for the car (no idea how much that will cost)

I'm not saying don't do it, but do go in with your eyes open...

Thanks smac, Its not maintained.