Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK / London - Model X - anyone out there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They said they'd email me re test drive, I asked for a family one. I haven't had an email yet, I might get my brother to talk to sales as he's expecting his S (P60 in titanium with grey wheels) end September.

In terms of size I think the styling masks the size really well, they don't look like huge barges.

Have you ordered? I think they're only booking test drives for reservation holders at the moment.

Nope haven't ordered yet. they did say that people that had placed deposits would be getting priority. I can't place a deposit yet because (as I understand it) the entity that paid the deposit must be the same as the eventual purchaser, we're restructuring our group of companies so I can't guarantee that whoever pays the deposit will still exist after the restructure.

Tahir - I got the call this week, London test drives are going out of West Drayton or Luton Hoo Hotel, i'm booked in at Luton Hoo next Wednesday.

On a separate note - I saw a privately owned (German Plates) Midnight Silver X driving in Hampstead yesterday....looked big, but not crazy big!..needless to say it looked awesome on the road!

Just thinking, I wonder how these LHD MX get registered , surely they won't be registered with British plates as the RHD will be here in a couple of months so no need for LHD Cars to be in the UK? Perhaps they get shipped to let's say Germany in a couple of months time ?? Not important but interesting none the less.........

Swapped our order from a 60D S to the X after sitting in one in Birmingham. Now tempted to upgrade the order to a 90D, really don't need the extra range or speed.....but still tempted :).

Sizewise I cannot see it been an issue, I've yet to see a RangeRover driver get stuck anywhere, quite the opposite, crowded town centres appear to be their natural stomping ground!!

@aewillys After my DS said they would sort the price change I have Just heard back from my DS that they want to charge me for increase in Autopilot charge!! following upgrade from MX P90DL to P100DL.
Reply was when you upgrade you are subject to the new price book for all options? Has anyone else had this?

Last edited:
@aewillys After my DS said they would sort the price change I have Just heard back from my DS that they want to charge me for increase in Autopilot charge!! following upgrade from MX P90DL to P100DL.
Reply was when you upgrade you are subject to the new price book for all options? Has anyone else had this?

I haven't heard from my DS yet. Actually I am thinking about asking TS if I can change DS. The guy never responds and I have to chase him. doesn't make sense...

Bad news though. Elon post about the upgrade didn't mention anything about all the prices being revised...

I haven't heard from my DS yet. Actually I am thinking about asking TS if I can change DS. The guy never responds and I have to chase him. doesn't make sense...

Bad news though. Elon post about the upgrade didn't mention anything about all the prices being revised...

I agree. That is why I am questioning this as I do not think the administration or communication is up to speed...but the car definitely is!!

I am up at WD Saturday am for a drive of the LHD MXP90DL. I will be asking some questions regarding this policy.

Hi guys,

had a test drive on Saturday of the P90D MX , WOW what a car!! Titanium with black seats, 22" black wheels with AP and PUP.
As we drove around the M62/M621 area of Leeds it was pretty amazing how much attention the car received, seriously guys don`t expect to go anywhere incognito .............We were constantly getting the thumbs up and plenty of cars driving alongside trying to get a glimpse of what kind of car it was! Had a little foot down race against an M5, ha ha it left him for dead, admittedly the M5 was 6 or 7 years old but still!!......this car is honestly that quick!
The Ludicrous was well.........ludicrous ! Un bloody believable........... the only way I can describe the acceleration experience is similar to that of a roller coaster which suddenly accelerates, the stomach actually drops due to the force!! But forget the speed , the actual design and quality is top notch I was concerned that the outside design of the car ie "looks" was a weak point but having now seen the car in the flesh twice this worry has diminished.

I was excited when I originally paid my £2000 deposit before seeing the car, having driven it this excitement has now gone to a new level, even my wife was blown away by the car which is a first!!

For everyone that is expecting delivery of a MX in the coming months, Happy Birthday, Anniversary and Christmas rolled into one......!! Truly truly an exceptional car.

ENJOY !

Regards

Tanflado

Hi guys,

had a test drive on Saturday of the P90D MX , WOW what a car!! Titanium with black seats, 22" black wheels with AP and PUP.
I was excited when I originally paid my £2000 deposit before seeing the car, having driven it this excitement has now gone to a new level, even my wife was blown away by the car which is a firss

Tanflado

What did you think of the titanium colour? I've ordered this without seeing it and have had some reservations. I also note that you paid £2000 deposit, I paid £4000 back in 2015!
Having just added the autopilot a bit peeved off that it's increased by £400 in the last few weeks

What did you think of the titanium colour? I've ordered this without seeing it and have had some reservations. I also note that you paid £2000 deposit, I paid £4000 back in 2015!
Having just added the autopilot a bit peeved off that it's increased by £400 in the last few weeks
As we drove away I commented to my wife how nice the titanium looked , it wasn't a colour that I had considered but having seen it in the flesh I don't think you will have any regrets ! I cogitated day and night on colour too eventually going for Obsidan black with white seats but man that was a tough tough call!
I ordered August 26th but didn't pay my deposit until the 29th and the bloody AP had gone up in price during these 3 days! However my OS is putting in a case to Tesla so hopefully they will honour the lower price? Also they have pulled the hitch from future orders which I had originally included ,again the OS has included this in the case to Tesla.
2k deposit is currently the standard on all orders , 4K is a fair chunk to pay in one hit when the car was always going to be so far off, that's definitely commitment!!

Reactions: hiroshiy
I ordered August 26th but didn't pay my deposit until the 29th and the bloody AP had gone up in price during these 3 days! However my OS is putting in a case to Tesla so hopefully they will honour the lower price? Also they have pulled the hitch from future orders which I had originally included ,again the OS has included this in the case to Tesla.
2k deposit is currently the standard on all orders , 4K is a fair chunk to pay in one hit when the car was always going to be so far off, that's definitely commitment!!

Thanks Tanfiado, What is annoying about the £4k deposit is that it includes a VAT element so that only £3.3?k is actually taken off your configuration total. I find the whole pricing totaliser to be unfair. It does not clearly state that the government grant is already applied or the amount of VAT.
Because of my commitment early doors (12/01/15 reservation no. 112) I'd appreciate some sort of good will so getting the AP at the lower price is something I might take up with the DS?

Thanks Tanfiado, What is annoying about the £4k deposit is that it includes a VAT element so that only £3.3?k is actually taken off your configuration total. I find the whole pricing totaliser to be unfair. It does not clearly state that the government grant is already applied or the amount of VAT.
Because of my commitment early doors (12/01/15 reservation no. 112) I'd appreciate some sort of good will so getting the AP at the lower price is something I might take up with the DS?
Definitely worth speaking to them, when you ordered was the pricing structure in place or were you in a similar position to current M3 depositors ( which I am also one of) with no idea of price for car or options? I think you certainly deserve some kind of good will in the circumstances. Surely an email should of been sent from Tesla before the price increase to inform you of the imminent uplift in AP cost??
What spec did you settle on?

Configuration started in June for me and with the amount of mileage I do for business I decided to spec the car with few options. Went for the 90D in titanium, zero package and hitch, last week I ordered the AP. Been reading many posts on here over the year and PUP was not favoured
Clearly I could have gone for the 65D and spec'd it up but I'd rather go for the stronger battery to drive comfortably in cold winter or hot summer days. I have owned a BMW I3 last two years and I've witnessed the range drop while driving in winter
Did you use a referral code to give you £750 off? If not here's mine ;)

http://ts.la/bohdan1320

Last edited:
Stumbled into a referral code from another poster , but cheers anyway!

I went with the 60 after reading that you can charge it to 100% as it is really a restricted 75 battery pack ,which in all in tense and purpose is 80% charge! Fingers crossed that pans out ok !

Went with AP ,PUP ,Matt,obeche and white seats . PUP did look at expensive for what is included but I plan on keeping the car for a good few years and didn't want to look back with regreat a year or two down the line!

the charging infrastructure looks pretty good unless going north to Scotland , my wife and i have already planned a trip to Newquay next year with the MX which is a 600 mile trip from up here inDarlington . Looking at Superchargers along the route we are confident range anxiety won't be an issue! We have also booked hotels with destination chargers too which certainly helps.....!

Hi doublebo, just realised that I have a video of the titanium car we viewed and later test drove! I have tried to down load it but the file is too big. If you go onto my works website www.ctmuk.co.uk and fill in your email address under enquiries I will gladly send you the video via email. It shows the FWD opening !
Regards
Tanflado