Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK / London - Model X - anyone out there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^^I'll be amazed if I get our 60D X order before summer 2017.
May I ask from what source is the late delivery estimate , I was in my local store yesterday and my MX60d order (placed August)is still on track for March 1st delivery?
Model 3 however is being quoted for late 2018 if we're lucky but more realistically 2019 and that's for early orders !
Regards Tanfaldo

Hi, I placed a reservation back in 2014. Finally opened the books and I placed the order in April. I was told September delivery, then in July I was told October, then in October I was told December. Due to the delay I was able to change my order from a p90d to a p100d.
I've been chasing again this week and I've been told February next year.
Apparently they have only built 3 rhd model x cars off the production line to date and are still working on them so unfortunately after 2 1/2 years of ordered and deposit paid and 7 months fully ordered and specified I'm still waiting. Still not even issued a vin number yet.
I ordered silver grey with black interior and grey wheels p100d

I'm confused, UK orders did not open until June, yet you say you ordered in April? Did you select to upgrade to P100D at the end of August when it was announced? Who told you they have only made 3 RHD cars and when?

As far as I know mine enters production tomorrow (Monday) and I know of others who last week were told theirs was in production. A friend even had a tour of the factory last week and saw a few RHD models on the line.

May I ask from what source is the late delivery estimate , I was in my local store yesterday and my MX60d order (placed August)is still on track for March 1st delivery?
Model 3 however is being quoted for late 2018 if we're lucky but more realistically 2019 and that's for early orders !
Regards Tanfaldo

No sources just general observation of Tesla time lines. I would love to get delivery on time (March 2017), but not raising my hopes so I don't get too disappointed. In a way I rather Tesla get the quality control right before shipping rather than rush and we end up getting cars that need to go back to the dealer multiple times.

I do agree about RHD Model 3s not seeing the light of day for a long time.

No sources just general observation of Tesla time lines. I would love to get delivery on time (March 2017), but not raising my hopes so I don't get too disappointed. In a way I rather Tesla get the quality control right before shipping rather than rush and we end up getting cars that need to go back to the dealer multiple times.

I do agree about RHD Model 3s not seeing the light of day for a long time.
Phew, you had me worried ! Yes Tesla time isn't something that can be measured very accurately but everything I'm hearing and reading on UK MX deliveries all stacks up well for deliveries starting at the very latest in January with some even possibly dropping in at the end of this year which will be a nice Xmas present for the lucky few.......

Reactions: gangzoom
I'm confused, UK orders did not open until June, yet you say you ordered in April? Did you select to upgrade to P100D at the end of August when it was announced? Who told you they have only made 3 RHD cars and when?

As far as I know mine enters production tomorrow (Monday) and I know of others who last week were told theirs was in production. A friend even had a tour of the factory last week and saw a few RHD models on the line.

Sorry wrong wording I used the USA configurator in April and finalised the order in June as soon as it opened. Yes I did select the upgrade to 100 when it was announced. My frustration is Tesla seem very poor at communications. It's not the delays more keeping us informed. Today still nothing. I have a vin but that's it still no idea of delivery is it expected February, march, April? When? Even some expected date would be giving us some respect by actually talking to us.

Reactions: JayBeeBee
I got a call from Tesla last week asking if I would be interested in bringing our Model X P100D order forward (from March to December delivery). They could not guarantee this but the fact they are asking must mean they potentially have capacity to do so or have prioritised production of the P100D vehicles

I got a call from Tesla last week asking if I would be interested in bringing our Model X P100D order forward (from March to December delivery). They could not guarantee this but the fact they are asking must mean they potentially have capacity to do so or have prioritised production of the P100D vehicles

WOW.

My P100D X is built and in transit and has been for a little while now, yet they are telling me early Jan with a slim chance of end of Dec. From chatting to others it would appear this is amongst the first batch of UK deliveries.

How are they proposing to suddenly build and ship yours to beat that? Hmmm...

Mine was originally was supposed to be late Dec. I think they delivered a handful of cars last year, and then nothing, and have only just restarted deliveries in the last week. (Just the X I'm talking about, I think S deliveries have been 'normal')