Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK / London - Model X - anyone out there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks amazing! Hopefully taking delivery of mine next month and thinking of something similar - am guessing it was quite pricey given it took 5 days?

Yes, not cheap, but I think it was worth it. Certainly will be in making it easier to clean, and it has stayed cleaner since, especially in this weather. He shows his prices on his website and he does a phenomenal job - really knows his stuff too.

Interesting and surprisingly he told me that it was one of the best quality paint jobs he had seen in 15 years.

Now I have to get my winter Slipstreams that just arrived painted to match... ;-)

Yes, not cheap, but I think it was worth it. Certainly will be in making it easier to clean, and it has stayed cleaner since, especially in this weather. He shows his prices on his website and he does a phenomenal job - really knows his stuff too.

Interesting and surprisingly he told me that it was one of the best quality paint jobs he had seen in 15 years.

Now I have to get my winter Slipstreams that just arrived painted to match... ;-)

Jaybeebee, just seen your post because I've been away. Can't believe when I followed your like to FB our cars are identical in spec colour and everything. Spooky.
On the mad polisher I was looking at this but wondered if it affects the operation of the back door? I saw this video at a Tesla approved centre where they said even adding 1mm of extra paint stoped the in panel sensors working properly.
Tesla certified repair shop goes inside the Model X Falcon Wing door
Please advise if this has affected the operation of yours in any way. Do then still open up if a close object is in the way at the side?
Thanks for the advice and info an the mad polisher.

Jaybeebee, just seen your post because I've been away. Can't believe when I followed your like to FB our cars are identical in spec colour and everything. Spooky.
On the mad polisher I was looking at this but wondered if it affects the operation of the back door? I saw this video at a Tesla approved centre where they said even adding 1mm of extra paint stoped the in panel sensors working properly.
Tesla certified repair shop goes inside the Model X Falcon Wing door
Please advise if this has affected the operation of yours in any way. Do then still open up if a close object is in the way at the side?
Thanks for the advice and info an the mad polisher.

I saw that vid too.

The ceramic is only a few thou of an inch thick - not enough to affect the sensors. Everything is working fine. It is a much thinner layer than there would be if you got it wrapped.

Getting it filthy this week driving around Devon in this weather, I have quite a thick coat of grime at the moment and all good with sensors, but can't wait to get home on Sat and wash it... ;-)

I saw that vid too.

The ceramic is only a few thou of an inch thick - not enough to affect the sensors. Everything is working fine. It is a much thinner layer than there would be if you got it wrapped.

Getting it filthy this week driving around Devon in this weather, I have quite a thick coat of grime at the moment and all good with sensors, but can't wait to get home on Sat and wash it... ;-)

Great thank you for the update. Take care. Best