TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UK Model 3 gone tits

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by CMc1, Oct 7, 2019.

1. CMc1

CMc1 Supporting Member

Extended steering wheel using left scroll wheel and it continued to extend to max, with no input. Had to use driver profile switch to make it retract in. Scroll wheel became unresponsive.

Followed by these error messages appearing when selecting drive.
    C0A2ADBF-A0F3-4099-8B6B-147CD8E11EA5.jpeg

Tesla support rebooted car remotely as I was unable to with a faulty scroll wheel. Didn’t fix.

They pushed V10 through again, but that failed to complete installation (according to their end). Appeared successful on the car. Faults still appeared also.

Support sent tow truck to recover to nearest support centre 100mi away. And 4 hours later enterprise delivered Mercedes C200 to use as loaner. Pissed as I now have to fill with petrol at own cost...

2. jimbo_hippo

jimbo_hippo Member

Don’t know what to say as there’s no appropriate emoticon and unlike = disagree on here!

perhaps just a very British ‘bugger’ will suffice? Or some platonic man-hugs?

hope you get sorted pal.

• Love x 1
  3. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

Bugger

how did you contact Tesla, SOS button?

4. CMc1

CMc1 Supporting Member

Yeah, well indirectly... I pressed that button when I first collected the car like child. The phone number is their emergency and non-emergency service help line. So I saved the number on my phone.

That’s the number I used to report.

5. Artiste

Artiste Member

Apart from the inconvenience of having a broken car it’s a bit poor that they can only offer an ICE car while they do the repairs.

• Like x 1
  6. CMc1

CMc1 Supporting Member

Update

B554F43B-6067-4414-BAEA-AEE9B65D4CF7.png

7. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

Tesla have been known to reimburse fuel costs, if its a few quid I'd not bother personally and it looks like they've fixed yours - someone didn't push a plug home fully (slightly worrying but there's probably lots on all cars we'd probably better off not knowing!)

• Like x 1
  8. CMc1

CMc1 Supporting Member

Agreed. Human factors right there.

Anyone have a phone number for Leeds SC to organise collection? They’ve sent SMS to say it’s ready, but not responding to my replies.

• Disagree x 1
  9. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

There is no number...

You could try booking an appointment and just tell them in the details bit that you've tried to contact them, they'll respond and cancel the booking, its a bit rubbish but it what I've had to do before now over something else.

• Like x 1
  10. JCremonini

JCremonini Member

Just turn up ? They’ve told you it is ready so I’m not sure why there needs to be a fixed appointment.

• Like x 1
  11. CMc1

CMc1 Supporting Member

This is where Tesla fails. Thanks for the info.

I ended ringing the service line again usually for roadside assistance) and they could see my SMS trail. They then put me through to UK service (why the call never went there in first place beyond me), who said they’ll email the SC group mailbox to get them to contact me.

Very long winded

12. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

Yep I'd just turn up and wait

13. CMc1

CMc1 Supporting Member

I’m 100 + miles away and can’t get there within the opening times due to work commitments. They took it away, I’d like them to drop it back off.

• Like x 1
  14. kuruma

kuruma Member

anyone else notice that service centre hourly rate on that image above? Is that a standard rate for mechanics. Hate to think what it will cost to get work done when we get beyond the first 4 years...