Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I supposed to be able to use a referral code for Model-3? Can't remember ... but I certainly can't see it.

Can't even find my referral code on My Tesla page ...

Clicking on that [my referral] link I get opportunity to buy either Model-S or Model-X ... so either website not functional yet, or I have mis-remembered about the 500% referral boost being also applicable to Model-3

Apparently my referrals to date have saved an average of 4,000 gallons of Gasoline each - that's 200,000 miles each ... they must all be 24/7 taxi companies

Last edited:
Thankfully, the screen content is customised for RHD too

M3-RHD.png

Reactions: GSP
I'm not seeing the £1000 deposit deducted from the order price.
Typical Tesla ... website often buggy like that. All that said, you won't have to worry, they do sort those sorts of things out, but its Pretty Poor Show at the least ...

you should be able to find your own referral code in the Tesla app if you can't find it on the 'My Tesla' page

Hadn't thought of that, thanks, but I had a copy of it in an old email :) But I cannot find anywhere to put it into the Order Page ...

follow the instructions detailed in the following link

Thanks, I'll do that. How blinking stupid ... create a whole load of non-automated, expensive, manual ADMIN instead of a simple, cheap, data capture. Typical Tesla.

I saw one of Bjorn's videos yesterday ... each referral extends the time for using up the Free Supercharging by 6 months ... he has 70-ish referrals and with the current 500% boost that is 1,000,000 miles of Supercharging and 35+ years to use it up in :D

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Hire Purchase price is £710/month, not including the tax. Ouch!

£100+ per month saving (Petrol v. Electricity) for each 10,000 miles driven a year, so for high mileage drivers chucking that into the monthly sums should make the decision fairly easy.

The total is a tad more than I was expecting, and my 25 year old was already uncomfortable with the idea of driving a £40K-something vehicle, let alone the £50K that has now become ...

Decided that FSD is needed because no AP during passing manoeuvres otherwise / anymore. And +£5K for LR over SR+

I calculate it as SR+ = 197 miles, LR = 260, so real world that would be:

SR+ = 197 starting max, less 7% 100K miles degradation - 20 miles "just in case" - 25% bad weather = 122 miles

LR = 260 less 7% - 20 miles less 25% = 166 miles (in fairness LR will have had fewer charges, so might have more range, less degradation, based on Mileage)

I reckon 122 miles will be a PITA on the max-range-challenged journeys

Looks like SR+ saves £5K, and takes a way some luxury features (although doubt my sprog is going to hanker after any of them)

Looks like SR+ saves £5K, and takes a way some luxury features (although doubt my sprog is going to hanker after any of them)

This is what drives me crazy. I have CarPlay/Android Auto now... the SR+ would only provide Bluetooth... Without the software from the Premium the actual In car "entertainment" is pathetic on a a £40k car. If they made it a £100 per year upgrade id be far more tempted the penny pinching/FOMO that Tesla use is really off-putting.

Somebody on another forum has worked out how to construct a URL that will correctly use a referral code and take you to the UK Model 3 order page.

Replace the referral code (in bold) below with whatever referral code you want to use and that should work.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/model3/design?referral=gary44569&redirect=no#battery

For orders already placed do the following...

Send an email to [email protected] with the word “Referral” in the subject line. In the body of your email, include your name and contact information, the reservation number (starts with RN), and the referral code you’d like to use.

I'm not in the market for a 3 but it's interesting that the website shows a June delivery date. I haven't a reservation. If that's the case then the reservation didn't make much time difference?