Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but incorrect from an accounting perspective - bank accounts should have no impact on company reportihng

My understanding was that Tesla were required to show the original Deposits separately on their accounts. So Credit/Re-invoice could be allowing them to position the deposit differently. Hopefully there is a reason for incurring the Admin Cost of Credit/Re-invoice

But, yeah, I'm no accountant

Reactions: goRt
Given Teslas well publicised Q1 deliveries that were below (some peoples) expectations. It would be logical to think Tesla need a really good Q2. Musks "leaked" email says as much. That being the case, and assuming there is enough demand from elsewhere and the lack of volume RHD vin registrations. It seems highly unlikely to me that Tesla will disrupt the production line during Q2 to tool up for the 5000 or so UK RHD orders on the books. cars that will never make it to owners in Q2 anyway. The logical time to start building the UK orders would be right at the Start of Q3 (or the last few days of Q2) when they will not disrupt Q2 but will comfortably make Q3 while allowing time to recover from any disruption to production they cause. That is my decidedly non expert take anyway.

Given Teslas well publicised Q1 deliveries that were below (some peoples) expectations. It would be logical to think Tesla need a really good Q2. Musks "leaked" email says as much. That being the case, and assuming there is enough demand from elsewhere and the lack of volume RHD vin registrations. It seems highly unlikely to me that Tesla will disrupt the production line during Q2 to tool up for the 5000 or so UK RHD orders on the books. cars that will never make it to owners in Q2 anyway. The logical time to start building the UK orders would be right at the Start of Q3 (or the last few days of Q2) when they will not disrupt Q2 but will comfortably make Q3 while allowing time to recover from any disruption to production they cause. That is my decidedly non expert take anyway.

The 2q19 rhd boat has sailed, you'd hope that they would have produced enough cars already to keep the UK delivery resource at 100% capacity.

Lack of actual information is the worst part and totally within Tesla's gift.

They're not unreliable, they're travelling blind.

Same thing for us continentals with the RWD LR some time ago: they only started to assign VINs (in Fremont) about a week before the first ship that had those arrived in Zeebrugge. The ship had loaded RWD LR in SFO even though that was not an on-menu choice. The SR+ on-menu choice was not on the boat at all ;-). Makes perfect sense...

No one in Europe knew exactly what was on the boat, and they usually told you they had no information. If you tried to press for more information, then you'd simply get unreliable information (I was told that my car was 100% surely not on the Monring Cornelia, but guess what happened when they started assigning VINs from that ship to orders...). Sometimes people on the phone would make wild guesses in a well-meaning attempt to please you...same thing.

Mind you, I had to call in every time something happened in my account just to find out a VIN had been assigned ;-).

Now if you want a RWD LR you have to wait, except if you want one with a towbar. Because it turns out the ship had some towbar-ready cars when it was sailing here, even though the feature was not yet announced to be orderable, so there are a few left...and they're actually phoning around to see if someone doesn't want to add a towbar to his order.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: goRt and -DB-
Then when the ship nears the destination harbour a VIN gets assigned; sadly that is something you cannot see unless you phone in. I did, regularly (because the order confirmation price had issues), and got confirmation about 1 week before the Morning Cornelia arrived in Zeebrugge.

ETA on the Phoenix is a week today. So there is some potential for VINS to start being assigned in the next few days. Unlikely to be visible in the app it sounds like tho? S&X owners get much more tracking info, guess that's one of the things the extra £££ gets you.

They removed LR-AWD from configurator.
Also opened up all remaining RHD countries.
Only SR+, and Performance available in RHD countries as of right now.

But.. why? Tesla I get you need to balance demand, but your lack of transparency here is frustrating and offputting!

There is no way it isn’t coming back at some point, but it’s frustrating to see these arbitrary changes.