Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my Model S in the UK, I use summon every day. I use auto lane change every time I'm on autopilot on the motorway which is 1-2 times a week. I use auto parking once a month/

To me auto parking and lane changing isn't worth £5000. I can do that myself easily enough, and probably better. I wouldn't pay the Nissan asking price for £1000 for auto parking either, although I do love their 360 cameras.

You get basic summon with the basic SR+. Do you mean enhanced summon? Is it even available in the UK? And what do you use it for?

FSD isn’t worth it.

Let’s face it,,, your lookin at two years of not more before the U.K. will approve it’s use. I didn’t get FSD on the basis that I would never be able to use it before I get a new car in 4 years time.

I did get EAP for £5k which is no longer on offer but what’s interesting is that all EAP features are included in in FSD right now but to upgrade to essentially nothing I have to pay another£6k

If you would like to use my referral code for 5000miles please click the link below.

Stop spamming the forums, no one is interested.

Put it in your Profile where there is specifically a slot for it, then if anyone actually wants YOUR referral code they can help themselves., There is also a SINGLE specific thread where you can post that ... along with the hundred of other people that pass by that thread.

I'm tempted to drop FSD. But not keen on the price increase if added in later

As already said, if you aren;t in a rush wait for a Fire Sale and then decide if enough exciting new stuff has been added by then.

Is it worth £5000? What do you actually get?

You get the few bits that it is annoying NOT to have ... Welcome to the Tesla Up-sell :)

lane changing isn't worth £5000.

I'm buying for a 25 year old ... changing lanes manually will disable AP ... so all the time you are "passing" you don;t have the benefit of side incursion, blind spot (admittedly that probably needs NoA), and AEB for car two-in-front, probably some other bits.

And I reckon the BigBong every time you (manually) change lanes will be annoying, to passengers at least.

5K is a lot for no annoying BingBong, but nothing at all if it avoids a shunt ...

Stop spamming the forums, no one is interested.

Put it in your Profile where there is specifically a slot for it, then if anyone actually wants YOUR referral code they can help themselves., There is also a SINGLE specific thread where you can post that ... along with the hundred of other people that pass by that thread.
I love how it's his/her second message ever on the forums. Talk about take and no give. lol.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
They are not making this the easy no brainer decision I had hoped for :( (they = combination of government & Tesla). Perhaps someone can help me with this.

Current situation: Looking to swap my 44k miles, 2l petrol 2011 Seat Leon, which is wholly owned, chipped to 250bhp and in good nick. For ease of reference, its basically a curvy Golf GTi. Its our primary long distance car, and we also have a 4yo Suzuki Swift for city driving. We only do about 8-10k miles a year in the Leon, but when we do go in it, its often loaded with a roofbox and either towing a small boat, or with bikes on a towball mounted bike rack. It's getting on and some problems are starting to show, worst of which will likely lead to a clutch needing replaced at some point in the future, and the wheels seem to be getting harder to balance each time I swap between winter and summer tyres.

We are based in Edinburgh, and most miles are done up and down to Inverness (163 miles of potentially pretty nasty weather), beyond that to Ullapool, and down to the Skipton area. The Inverness trip is of particular concern as I don't think that in the winter or on a windy day the SR+ will make it without a stop for a charge (checked via a better route planner), the other ones we would be stopping any way, and going south there are more superchargers.

So looking at LR, or RWD LR, which is potentially £49k worth of car, without FSD. Guessing £45k for RWD LR, waiting to hear if its available.

I had convinced myself at around £40k this is all fine, paying to access the future, save the planet etc. But,
  • no towball (I think it needs to be in place when you buy the car so your VIN plate gets the approval stamp),
  • no hatch back (this will be my first car since my first 1.0 corsa I had at Uni that I can't get a fridge, or a rubble sack of gardening waste in)
  • it doesn't even save me much as we don't do enough miles (checked actual data and I spend £1000 on petrol in the last year),
  • tax is MORE than my current fossil burner
  • servicing will save some, but I'm not clear on what the M3 reqs are other than 'not yearly'? Looks like brake fluid every 3 years and a battery coolant every ????
These are all somewhat addressable (could put a towball on the swift which would uncomfortably address some scenarios, the total luggage space is bigger, so could drop the roof box possibly and put bikes on the roof [urg, the range hit on that one!], live without the hatch, money is just money for fuel and tax etc). But these seem like a hell of a lot of compromises for a £50k car!

Please help me justify this - I really want an M3, but am having a hard time selling it to myself after seeing the prices this morning. What am I missing?

Avendit

In a similar boat. My environment killing diesel has much lower tax than a Model 3 :D

I also have CarPlay and AutoParking features... and the SR+ (all I could stretch to) only has Bluetooth and no auto-park.

I also do few miles - more than you - but approx 6000 per year meaning the petrol savings arent that massive (my diesel is really efficient).

The sensible answer is to skip the M3 but thats so disappointing.

Reactions: 1 person
No, I mean Summon, which is available in the UK in a crippled form (using the app as opposed to using the keyfob (US-only)). I use it to get the car in and out of a very tight garage where I wouldn't even be able to open the driver door once the car is in.

Ah, okay... But you get that with AP, right? No need to pay £5000 for the fake FSD.

As already said, if you aren;t in a rush wait for a Fire Sale and then decide if enough exciting new stuff has been added by then.

You get the few bits that it is annoying NOT to have ... Welcome to the Tesla Up-sell :)

I'm buying for a 25 year old ... changing lanes manually will disable AP ... so all the time you are "passing" you don;t have the benefit of side incursion, blind spot (admittedly that probably needs NoA), and AEB for car two-in-front, probably some other bits.

And I reckon the BigBong every time you (manually) change lanes will be annoying, to passengers at least.

5K is a lot for no annoying BingBong, but nothing at all if it avoids a shunt ...

Have you had a quote for your 25yr Old on insurance?

Sorry to change the subject but has anyone enquired if we (the UK) can order the SR (not plus) and avoid the luxury car tax.
I don’t want a luxury car, i just want rid of the petrol piece of crap that’s outside my house that was basically miss sold following diesel gate

Sorry to change the subject but has anyone enquired if we (the UK) can order the SR (not plus) and avoid the luxury car tax.
I don’t want a luxury car, i just want rid of the petrol piece of crap that’s outside my house that was basically miss sold following diesel gate
Someone has enquired and it is not available yet but may be available in the future. If you don't want a luxury EV, (less than £40k) then maybe look at the Hyundai Kona or Kia e-Niro? Or a used Model S.

Someone has enquired and it is not available yet but may be available in the future. If you don't want a luxury EV, (less than £40k) then maybe look at the Hyundai Kona or Kia e-Niro? Or a used Model S.
A kona or Niro?!?
How dare you make such a suggestion sir.
And here of all places.

I’m joking. I might just have to wait till both kids are at school and I’m not crippled by childcare fees. Thats a model 3 right there 600 a month.

People have asked, they get different answers. Given that it's very hard to order in the US, not available anywhere in Europe and Tesla really doesn't want to make them because it loses money, I'd say the chances of getting one are close to zero.