Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... changing lanes manually will disable AP ... so all the time you are "passing" you don;t have the benefit of side incursion, blind spot (admittedly that probably needs NoA), and AEB for car two-in-front, probably some other bits.

So If i'm driving on Autopilot and change lanes AP will turn off. Does it turn on again automatically?

Is Blind Spot monitoring part of FSD? I guess I'm not that clear on what all features FSD provides. E.g it doesn't say if Blind Spot is included or not. The website is shy on details.

What are the chances of a FSD fire sale again, how many times has this happened in the past?

with a lack of PCP there may be very few on the market after three years.

Market will be flooded with them ... you'll be going everywhere on Tesla Uber Auto Drive ... just whistle (into your iPhone APP) and one will be there ... 2p a mile too ... and you haven't had to put £50K into a depreciating asset, and with it you bought Tesla stock, and now you are a gazzilionaire.

On a different point: all my pigs are fed, and ready to fly :)

There might be more used M3s available due to the 7 day rejection option. People rejecting for paint or other relatively minor defects, get fixed by Tesla and then sold as nearly new.

Or returned within the 7 days/1000 miles no quibbles money-back period.

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. By that point the car has been registered and has had an owner, so they can't sell it as new again. Some will become loaners and demo cars, but some will hit the market as used low mileage.

First post - bear with me! I reserved back in early 2017 and am at the point of ordering. I could buy outright but am thinking PCP as a) a hedge against any future financial issues at Tesla and b) allows some flexibility given the rate of change of EV development - I'd like the 'Y' at some point.

I'll be frank in saying I don't know much about PCP other than it's popular. What are the key advantages and where to start looking please? Is it considered to be a decent financial option versus outright purchase please?

Cheers

Can't resist quoting the famous Tweet:

Tom Randall

At what point will "Full Self-Driving Capability" features noticeably depart from "Enhanced Autopilot" features?

Elon Musk

3 months maybe, 6 months definitely

7:00 PM - 23 Jan 2017

Elon Musk on Twitter

He did make a good point in the recent press release though - he may not get it done on time - but he does get it done...!

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I could buy outright but am thinking PCP

I had some sort of finance deal on a VW Golf BlueMotion. Then diesel gate happened and VW were not bothered to give me compensation, I'm an Eco person and did not want to be seen to be driving a, clearly by then, non-Eco car. (Will never own a VW ever again, the fact that they are comfortable with "buy back every car in USA" and "No compensation in EU" means "I'm out". But they did do me a favour, I looked at the market and then found that Tesla had a long range EV which suited me much better than "just give me another Blue Motion")

So to bail out I would have had accelerated depreciation from early exit and also huge penalties on the finance-exit ...

I paid cash for Tesla so I didn't have to worry about the unknown of huge change in miles-driven, need to change early, or an offer I couldn't resist.

I'm coming up to, but not yet at, 3 years. Recently Tesla had a massive price reduction - it was short lived, but I could have taken that option ...

Right now they are offering something like $20,000 discount for existing owners to buy new (its basically the "Performance stuff for free") so I could take that ...

But all the risk of the car not being worth anything (is that likely?) is mine.

If the finance was dirt cheap [and it has been, at times] I would take it, but I don't really want to pay 20K in finance on a 50K purchase that is worth 25K at the end of it ...

But if you can put the money to work better elsewhere finance would be a good option, and from what I read my route is not well trodden.

I had some sort of finance deal on a VW Golf BlueMotion. Then diesel gate happened and VW were not bothered to give me compensation, I'm an Eco person and did not want to be seen to be driving a, clearly by then, non-Eco car. (Will never own a VW ever again, the fact that they are comfortable with "buy back every car in USA" and "No compensation in EU" means "I'm out". But they did do me a favour, I looked at the market and then found that Tesla had a long range EV which suited me much better than "just give me another Blue Motion")

So to bail out I would have had accelerated depreciation from early exit and also huge penalties on the finance-exit ...

I paid cash for Tesla so I didn't have to worry about the unknown of huge change in miles-driven, need to change early, or an offer I couldn't resist.

I'm coming up to, but not yet at, 3 years. Recently Tesla had a massive price reduction - it was short lived, but I could have taken that option ...

Right now they are offering something like $20,000 discount for existing owners to buy new (its basically the "Performance stuff for free") so I could take that ...

But all the risk of the car not being worth anything (is that likely?) is mine.

If the finance was dirt cheap [and it has been, at times] I would take it, but I don't really want to pay 20K in finance on a 50K purchase that is worth 25K at the end of it ...

But if you can put the money to work better elsewhere finance would be a good option, and from what I read my route is not well trodden.
Thanks for the feedback. I too have a Blue Motion VW Passat CC and am part of the class action against VW. Awful company! This is the car which will be going soon.

I've never really taken a loan for anything other than my house, so it's unlikely I will for a car. However, I'm looking at all the options given this particular circumstance. Clearly some more maths to do!