Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been rainy since I got the car, but today, the sun finally appeared, so gave her a good clean!!
FD58270F-4A3E-43F3-A85A-2745A513E490.jpeg
B777B2FE-6F9A-4AC0-BF11-C39C1359A60F.jpeg
6122E176-01C9-4DF2-909F-B44AEE0C3026.jpeg

Quick question for the group my company insurers AXA have put a £1,000 excess on the windscreen replacement - this seems excessive anyone else have any experiences/comments? Cheers
I've been quoted £2000 by Aviva, I understand via my broker insurers do have a blanket £2,000 Excess across the board for Tesla. This is because Tesla will not allow repairs by third party companies, including glass claims. I'm being advised other insurers, similar excess in the region of £1,500-£2,000, including windscreen.

View attachment 676187
Never thought this day would come! K.I.T.T. in all her glory. Goes like a tornado 🌪. FYI mine had the lumber support button 😀. Absolutely no issues with panels or bumps. Initially worried the door was rattling. Turned out it was the passenger seat belt 😅
They've all got lumbar support from what I gather, it's just that the passenger one has been removed and blanked off.

Well, I haven’t stopped beaming like some village idiot since collecting…..what a beast.

I’ve noticed I get space ship noises when reversing but bug*er all when driving forwards…..anyone else got the same?

also - has to be said, the feared wind noise at speed was no different to other cars I’ve driven and the tyre noise is no worse than any BMW Audi - they can of course hide behind the engine clatter and fake exhaust unlike the Tesla.

Well, I haven’t stopped beaming like some village idiot since collecting…..what a beast.

I’ve noticed I get space ship noises when reversing but bug*er all when driving forwards…..anyone else got the same?

also - has to be said, the feared wind noise at speed was no different to other cars I’ve driven and the tyre noise is no worse than any BMW Audi - they can of course hide behind the engine clatter and fake exhaust unlike the Tesla.

It's very faint is the driving forward noise but is certainly emitting, however the best noise is the goat and fart sounds that comes out of boombox, had hours of fun and giggles from shoppers in the car park. One of the things that Tesla has over the rest is it brings fun into motoring in many shapes and forms.

Eagerly awaiting collection of my Red performance with White interior on 25th from Brent Cross @ 9am, never been this excited about a car collection :-D.

Seeing some crazy numbers around windscreen insurance. I am insured with Churchill (part of Direct Line) and Windscreen repair Excess is £10, replacement £75 Which is what I’m used to for other vehicles.

Reactions: M3Phil
Yeah I'm really struggling to find anyone to do the back in one full sheet, most of them I speak to won't even do the rear as they say the join will be visible and they wouldn't want to put their name to that. Really frustrating. I'd love to use RSymons as they are pros at it, but they are 200 miles away from me!!
Delivery day is here for me so probably my last post on this thread. To all those still waiting good luck to you all and see you on the road soon

Reactions: Jez_GB
Status
Not open for further replies.