Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered my M3P on Jan 3rd and had confirmation from Black Horse that my HP finance been approved on the 4th. I had a text update this morning, asking me to complete all the steps on my account, which I’d already previously done! Called up and was told that my finance application would have to be re-submitted and that I’d have to pay the increased price - needless to say I wasn’t impressed and told them that I’d ordered based on the pre-increase price and the delay in taking delivery was down to them! They’re apparently coming back to me some time today! 🤬#nothappyorimpressed

Sounds like your finance company have screwed up their order with Tesla ! Tesla are honouring all quotes for orders placed with them directly, or in directly via 3rd party finance companies... provided orders were placed before the date they increased the price.

Last edited:
I have been told today that they are expecting M3P in this Q2 and that I will not receive any confirmation that mine has been matched until the ship sails. Another week of waiting for me! Red M3P on order since October and hoping I do not have to change the colour if no Red ones sent :(

Sounds like your finance company have screwed up their order with Tesla ! Tesla are honouring all quotes for orders placed with them directly, or in directly via 3rd party finance companies... provided orders were placed before the date they increased the price.
I’m going direct to Tesla for my funding as their interest rate is not unreasonable - balls in their court as far I’m concerned!

I’m going direct to Tesla for my funding as their interest rate is not unreasonable - balls in their court as far I’m concerned!
PLEASE BE AWARE! Further to my post this morning, I would suggest that anyone who has ordered a M3P needs to check with Tesla about the price they’ll be paying! I have since spoken to them again afternoon and despite definitely ordering my car at the pre-increase price, I will now have to pay the revised price as it’s apparently in their terms and conditions!

My details still have the original agreed price listed. If they're going to pull something on me last minute, they'll get a cancelled order.

I don't see anything in T's and C's about price changes outside of changes to the configuration after the initial order.

Here's a transcript of a conversation with Tesla on Feb 6th...

Nick

17:03

Please connect me with a Tesla expert.

Tesla

17:03

Welcome to Tesla! How can we help you today?

Nick

17:04

Does the latest price rise in the Uk apply to vehicles already ordered?

Liam

17:05

Hi Nik, No the rise is only for new orders. Anything else i can help with?

Nick

17:05

Thanks for reassuring me that you weren't going to try & charge me another £3500.

Nick

17:06

:)

Liam

17:06

No problem Nik. Hope you enjoy your new car.

Reactions: M3Phil and 2021_M3P
Good morning - I’ve just spoken to Tesla support and gave them my RN number and asked them for an update. She stated that we should hear soon on an expected delivery date and she confirmed that model 3 performance vehicles were on their way from China on a boat. When I asked how long before I should expect my Tesla text she stated 3 weeks before the expected arrival in the UK. Feels like it’s getting close guys.

I'm also hoping to get 'The Text' from Tesla in the next day or two, but I am having difficulty getting everything to add up:

If RCC Africa is the first of the Q2 GB bound Tesla ships coming from Shanghai and Tesla only send delivery text messages after the ship is set off, why did those with LR orders get delivery update text messages last week (before RCC Africa departed) with nothing for M3P orders?

If RCC Africa takes the typical 30 days to get to GB, then that would suggest a Southampton arrival date around the 8th May. My understanding is that it is typically only a few days between ship arrival and delivery/collection so isn't that a little too early for the '21st May' delivery date that was given to @Sunderland boy?

Sorry if I'm sounding a little too gloomy here. I want to be 'glass half full', but Tesla make that very difficult for me!

Reactions: 2021_M3P
Likewise add me to the queue of people eagerly awaiting a text! I also messaged Tesla earlier and all I managed to get was an estimate of 'May or June' (nothing more specific than that). I'll be less than impressed if it ends up being as late as June given that I placed the order back in December :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2021_M3P
Decided to see if I could get any further information from the 'Chat' feature on the Tesla website.

I've pasted the transcript below, but to summarise they appear to indicate that M3P's are currently on the ship in transit and we should receive a text message 'soon'.

M3P_W8
12:51 PM
Hello - Is it possible for you to provide me with a status update regarding my order? - RNXXXXXXXXX
M3P_W8
12:52 PM
Interested to understand if there are any further details regarding delivery date.

Raza
12:53 PM
Good afternoon, thank you for contacting us.
Raza
Please bear with as i am assiting other customers at the same time.

M3P_W8
Sure, no problem

Raza
12:59 PM
We are expecting the Performance vehicles to come in to the country ready for pick up at some point next month

M3P_W8
01:00 PM
Thanks. Do you know if the ship with my M3P has left Shanghai yet?

Raza
01:00 PM
Yes on schedule
Raza
01:01 PM
Roughly expecting to arrive early May (Could be subjected to change)

M3P_W8
OK, so to confirm, there are Performance models currently on route having left Shanghai already?

Raza
Anything else i can help with?

M3P_W8
01:02 PM
If that is everything you can tell me, then that is everything! :)

Raza
01:03 PM
Thats all. Keep an eye out on your mobile phone for any Tesla Updates as we should get the ball rolling soon so SMS alerts will be sent

M3P_W8
01:03 PM
Great! Thank you

So I guess there is no real new information here, but it ties in with what others have been saying today so I should perhaps be a little more positive than I was in my last post.

...... Damn this is frustrating! 🤦‍♂️

...... Damn this is frustrating! 🤦‍♂️

Yep! Mine's a business lease through Tesla (ALD), contacted Tesla on Friday for an update, and got referred to a general contact number for ALD - tried phoning, no answer after 12 mins - back to Tesla for an email address for ALD (just general ones on the ALD website), email sent, heard zip since..... will update if/when I hear owt!

Good morning - I’ve just spoken to Tesla support and gave them my RN number and asked them for an update. She stated that we should hear soon on an expected delivery date and she confirmed that model 3 performance vehicles were on their way from China on a boat. When I asked how long before I should expect my Tesla text she stated 3 weeks before the expected arrival in the UK. Feels like it’s getting close guys.
That is good to hear

Yep! Mine's a business lease through Tesla (ALD), contacted Tesla on Friday for an update, and got referred to a general contact number for ALD - tried phoning, no answer after 12 mins - back to Tesla for an email address for ALD (just general ones on the ALD website), email sent, heard zip since..... will update if/when I hear owt!

Update:

This came through from ALD

"Good Afternoon
Please be advised we have received the below email with regards to your query.
Kind Regards
ALD"

"This order is for a Model 3 Performance vehicle. We haven’t received any Model 3 Performance vehicles since Q4 2020. The next batch are due to arrive for deliveries commencing in early June.
The driver will be contacted once a vehicle has been matched to their order. As the vehicles are in production, we aren’t able to provide a more definitive ETA until the cars are built and are en route.
Kind regards
Tesla Enterprise Operations Coordinator"

Typical Tesla communication - they could have told me that when I first contacted them instead of sending me on a wild goose chase......

Anyway the point is that this contradicts what others have been told 😒

Update:

This came through from ALD

"Good Afternoon
Please be advised we have received the below email with regards to your query.
Kind Regards
ALD"

"This order is for a Model 3 Performance vehicle. We haven’t received any Model 3 Performance vehicles since Q4 2020. The next batch are due to arrive for deliveries commencing in early June.
The driver will be contacted once a vehicle has been matched to their order. As the vehicles are in production, we aren’t able to provide a more definitive ETA until the cars are built and are en route.
Kind regards
Tesla Enterprise Operations Coordinator"

Typical Tesla communication - they could have told me that when I first contacted them instead of sending me on a wild goose chase......

Anyway the point is that this contradicts what others have been told 😒
Going to be an interesting couple of weeks ahead. At least we will all know for definite once the “Tesla Texts” start coming through. The web site is still stating May for estimated delivery and the lady from Tesla yesterday sounded certain the cars were on route. Fix this is so frustrating !!

Status
Not open for further replies.