Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everyone here test drive an M3P before ordering?

..... Just wondering if I'm on my own in never having driven one! Have always done so with previous car purchases but not this time. Clearly the pandemic made it difficult but that isn't really an excuse. I just decided that I want one (with red brake calipers and a stick on spoiler 😉)!

Despite researching extensively and finding pretty much nothing but negativity I went ahead and ordered an LR without physically seeing one; let alone driving one! It was a leap of faith, but I worked on the principal that what you find on forums, etc is pretty much always the bad and the ugly, rarely the good - Looking at the numbers of M3 sold suggested that there were 1 or 2 good ones out there ;).

Zero regrets here! Despite the LR being the most amazing machine, I always had a bit of FOMO over not getting the P, so when the opportunity came up for me to switch from a personal contract to a business lease I went for it!! Red brake callipers and the (mostly) stuck on spoiler are a bit of a magnet for a petrolhead :cool:

Reactions: Tezzela and M3P_W8
First post in this thread...I ordered my White / Black M3P in early Feb. Just spoke to Tesla, and they advised that the M3Ps are on the boat and set to arrive in early May for deliveries from 11th onwards. So fingers crossed for Tesla texts soon!
Weird that LR buyers have had texts already confirming mid May deliveries but as far as I can see not one M3P owner has got a text yet, which suggests to me we are more likely to be waiting til last week of May at least.

Continuing the theme of 'everyone gets a different answer', my online chat with Tesla just now revealed the following about my January order...

"Your vessel will be shortly departing Shanghai. Unfortunately I can't advise on a precise date yet, we can expect it for mid-late June"
(I'm noting that a boat from Shanghai arriving in mid-late June wouldn't be departing "shortly"!)

and

"We usually receive two vessels each quarter - the first one will be reaching us in May, but most of Model 3 Performances will be on the June one"

Having to curb my enthusiasm once again as it looks like it might be a longer wait than anticipated.

Continuing the theme of 'everyone gets a different answer', my online chat with Tesla just now revealed the following about my January order...

"Your vessel will be shortly departing Shanghai. Unfortunately I can't advise on a precise date yet, we can expect it for mid-late June"
(I'm noting that a boat from Shanghai arriving in mid-late June wouldn't be departing "shortly"!)

and

"We usually receive two vessels each quarter - the first one will be reaching us in May, but most of Model 3 Performances will be on the June one"

Having to curb my enthusiasm once again as it looks like it might be a longer wait than anticipated.
I've just spoken to Nottingham SC over the phone about my order and the 'everyone gets a different answer' definitely applies here too!

They advised me that a vessel is currently en-route to the UK with Performance models on board and is expected to arrive week commencing 10th May with deliveries commencing the following week (17th). I was told allocations are happening this week and next week and to expect a text in the next few days to reflect the fact that a car can be allocated to my order. They were pretty confident about this and said that texts hadn't been sent out yet as they were waiting for the boat to get closer to the UK before starting the allocation process.

Promising? Maybe but I'll wait until the text arrives to be sure!

Okay so to conjure and summarise everyones responces so far, a small number of people will likley be recieving their M3P's mid to late May but no confirmation of a text yet from anyone, very possibly this small batch is on the RCC Afrifca vessel that is currently heading towards Egypt.

The remaining (Majority) of MP3 orders are not in transit yet but expected to be on a 2nd vessel with delivery to customers towards the end of June.

Still nothing concrete until people start receiving a sms nor do we know if the allocation of the first vessel has been done by priority of order date and the cutoff.

..... Just wondering if I'm on my own in never having driven one! Have always done so with previous car purchases but not this time. Clearly the pandemic made it difficult but that isn't really an excuse. I just decided that I want one (with red brake calipers and a stick on spoiler 😉)!
Hi yes I test drove one. Wanted a long range but they only had a performance to test drive so there was no going back after the test drive because I loved it!

Yup, very odd. Yet those in Ireland have had texts re their M3P's....

If I have understood correctly, the Text messages received by our friends in Ireland are not the same delivery date confirmation texts that we are all eagerly waiting for.

I think their Texts relate to COVID health and safety regulations that currently require all orders to be delivered to their homes and therefore require confirmation of the address.

My expectation is that the first text those of us in GB will receive will contain an actual delivery/collection date in it.

If I have understood correctly, the Text messages received by our friends in Ireland are not the same delivery date confirmation texts that we are all eagerly waiting for.

I think their Texts relate to COVID health and safety regulations that currently require all orders to be delivered to their homes and therefore require confirmation of the address.

My expectation is that the first text those of us in GB will receive will contain an actual delivery/collection date in it.
Correct. I apologize if I caused confusion. I never received a delivery text or a VIN. I only got a text asking to confirm home address as cars will be delivered to homes due to COVID restrictions. The text did say that the wait is nearly over but no firm dates. The reps here are all saying "sometime in June".

My M3P order was confirmed 17th Jan, and the May 2021 date hasn't become more clear. I actually emailed my delivery human a couple of times in the last few weeks to ask if we have any more clear date when it might arrive and from where, as, if its going to be a May delivery, I'd expect it to be on a ship by now!! I found this to try and get an idea of when it might be shipped...

Central China – Shanghai/Ningbo – 28-30 days on the water. Allow a total of 7 weeks from door to door.

This is just general shipping times, i.e. how long a ship takes from Shanghai to UK shores, and 7 weeks from today would put it in June. So I'd like to think our cars are on a ship already. Incidentally the same information on the site indicates a west coast ship would reach UK in 6 weeks, but still puts us in the first week of June if its not already on its way.

My M3P order was confirmed 17th Jan, and the May 2021 date hasn't become more clear. I actually emailed my delivery human a couple of times in the last few weeks to ask if we have any more clear date when it might arrive and from where, as, if its going to be a May delivery, I'd expect it to be on a ship by now!! I found this to try and get an idea of when it might be shipped...

Central China – Shanghai/Ningbo – 28-30 days on the water. Allow a total of 7 weeks from door to door.

This is just general shipping times, i.e. how long a ship takes from Shanghai to UK shores, and 7 weeks from today would put it in June. So I'd like to think our cars are on a ship already. Incidentally the same information on the site indicates a west coast ship would reach UK in 6 weeks, but still puts us in the first week of June if its not already on its way.
Looking at the 2021 shipping thread (updates on there from this morning), the AFRICA is expected to be transporting LHD Model 3s to Europe, not UK.

The LYDDEN is expected to be carrying UK Model 3s and is expected to arrive in Southampton on the 9th. Link to that thread below, the update at 11:45 today is relevant...

Just looking in the various websites for Tesla around the world. When you look at M3PIn the USA it states the range in miles is 315. Everywhere else states 352, any ideas as to why that would be ?
The USA has a different range calculation than most of the rest of the world. And for a change, its probably better / more accurate. Though still far greater range than you'll get on a good day frankly! :)

Reactions: Sunderland boy
Despite researching extensively and finding pretty much nothing but negativity I went ahead and ordered an LR without physically seeing one; let alone driving one! It was a leap of faith, but I worked on the principal that what you find on forums, etc is pretty much always the bad and the ugly, rarely the good - Looking at the numbers of M3 sold suggested that there were 1 or 2 good ones out there ;).

Zero regrets here! Despite the LR being the most amazing machine, I always had a bit of FOMO over not getting the P, so when the opportunity came up for me to switch from a personal contract to a business lease I went for it!! Red brake callipers and the (mostly) stuck on spoiler are a bit of a magnet for a petrolhead :cool:

I've just spoken to Nottingham SC over the phone about my order and the 'everyone gets a different answer' definitely applies here too!

They advised me that a vessel is currently en-route to the UK with Performance models on board and is expected to arrive week commencing 10th May with deliveries commencing the following week (17th). I was told allocations are happening this week and next week and to expect a text in the next few days to reflect the fact that a car can be allocated to my order. They were pretty confident about this and said that texts hadn't been sent out yet as they were waiting for the boat to get closer to the UK before starting the allocation process.

Promising? Maybe but I'll wait until the text arrives to be sure!
Yet if you go to order a new M3P now, it still says May as delivery date! Being a Mid Jan order person myself I hope my car is sooner rather than later...

Reactions: TomH0927
Yet if you go to order a new M3P now, it still says May as delivery date! Being a Mid Jan order person myself I hope my car is sooner rather than later...
I wouldn't pay any attention to that unfortunately- when I ordered back in December the site originally said Feb, then March for several weeks before changing to May (and in that whole time as far as I'm aware no-one ordering after about Nov in the UK has got an M3P). Based on that I'd be very surprised if anyone ordering now did actually get their car in May/June unless there's a huge number coming over now that they've sorted manufacturing in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.