Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never really engaged with forums before this one and only started 'contributing' after placing my M3P order at the beginning of this year (was lurking for most of last year).

I have found this place to be a valuable source of information and gained a fair amount of comfort from reading about others positive experiences and associating myself with those in similarly exciting positions having placed their M3P orders.

It has also been helpful to read posts from those who have had troubles. It helps to set expectations, That said, I'm aware that forums are predominantly places where people come to seek help and guidance and complain when things go wrong, so it's important to put all these 'issues' into perspective.

More recently my visits here have been leaving me with a varied bunch of negative feelings!

I don't think I was quite prepared for the 'envy' I would feel for all those receiving their SR+ and LR orders before me in Q1 and Q2! I also didn't expect it to 'get to me' as much as it has when reading the numerous posts from those who repeatedly argue or infer that the LR is the better/wiser choice! (why should I care?)

The constant delivery estimate contradictions that come from Tesla through various channels has also not been helping!

That said, like everyone else who visited here before placing their orders, I was well aware of the communication vacuum that would exist after placing the order. I also knew I would not be getting my M3P before May, as that was the 'Estimate' at the time I ordered in early January (and still is). So I keep reminding myself that even if my collection is sometime in June, it's technically 'only' 1 month late so it could be worse! (I realise that is not the true for some on here who have been patiently waiting since as far back as October 2020!)

Despite all the negativity, I'm sticking with my M3P order. It might have issues, or it might not, but if I wanted a life without risk I wouldn't be looking for Tesla to provide my next car, whatever the model!

Here's to 'glass half full'! Happy Friday everyone! :)

I have never really engaged with forums before this one and only started 'contributing' after placing my M3P order at the beginning of this year (was lurking for most of last year).

I have found this place to be a valuable source of information and gained a fair amount of comfort from reading about others positive experiences and associating myself with those in similarly exciting positions having placed their M3P orders.

It has also been helpful to read posts from those who have had troubles. It helps to set expectations, That said, I'm aware that forums are predominantly places where people come to seek help and guidance and complain when things go wrong, so it's important to put all these 'issues' into perspective.

More recently my visits here have been leaving me with a varied bunch of negative feelings!

I don't think I was quite prepared for the 'envy' I would feel for all those receiving their SR+ and LR orders before me in Q1 and Q2! I also didn't expect it to 'get to me' as much as it has when reading the numerous posts from those who repeatedly argue or infer that the LR is the better/wiser choice! (why should I care?)

The constant delivery estimate contradictions that come from Tesla through various channels has also not been helping!

That said, like everyone else who visited here before placing their orders, I was well aware of the communication vacuum that would exist after placing the order. I also knew I would not be getting my M3P before May, as that was the 'Estimate' at the time I ordered in early January (and still is). So I keep reminding myself that even if my collection is sometime in June, it's technically 'only' 1 month late so it could be worse! (I realise that is not the true for some on here who have been patiently waiting since as far back as October 2020!)

Despite all the negativity, I'm sticking with my M3P order. It might have issues, or it might not, but if I wanted a life without risk I wouldn't be looking for Tesla to provide my next car, whatever the model!

Very well put!

I've been a bit negative over the last few days having lost a little perspective - this has helped put things back and redress the balance - I shall go give my head a wobble, stop it with the negative vibe and get back to drinking from a glass half full - Cheers :D

Well said, and I couldn't agree more. very much the same, this was a good find for me, and has been great to see other people's perspectives and inputs. But totally agree. I think the world right now is being hit with all sorts of problems with building stuff we want. Having ordered an Audi Etron last month too and watched my delivery date spiral into September with the vaguest of assurances that it will even be by then, there are obviously problems. I don't know the reasons for the delay in the M3P, but I'm sure we'll all be thrilled when we get them. I will be sticking to my performance order!!

My father in law, who was anti tesla and would try and convince me I made a mistake every time we spoke, actually secretly went for a test drive last month, after my constant affirmation to how amazing these cars are. I test drove the performance and I loved everything about it. He went and bought a LR from stock, and is now driving around in it. I was pretty jealous, for sure!! But driving his didn't give the same thrill as the performance. I drive an TTRS now, so acceleration in the 0-60 3.6 second mark, not much can keep up with it when you want to go fast. The LR feels reassuringly powerful, but the Performance made me swear out loud, the grip was better, the acceleration made my TTRS feel sluggish, the feel was more sporty, everything about the car felt right to me... the LR feels good, I'd have one for sure, but not what I want. It feels slower than the TTRS. If you see the videos of the LR being 'nearly' as fast, and think, oh maybe that's enough, then fair enough, and I really think that's fine but that small difference from the outside makes a huge difference when driving. For me, the difference is between nice and thrilling. So yeah, I'm sticking with the performance. The issues with the low charge acceleration are likely fixed already according to the chatter with a software update, they are always making improvements, and frankly at any reasonable charge on a normal drive when you keep it topped up, it will always be stupid fast. If you're going long range, you won't want to burn the battery power down by launching anyway. So I'm happy to wait for my car!

Well said, and I couldn't agree more. very much the same, this was a good find for me, and has been great to see other people's perspectives and inputs. But totally agree. I think the world right now is being hit with all sorts of problems with building stuff we want. Having ordered an Audi Etron last month too and watched my delivery date spiral into September with the vaguest of assurances that it will even be by then, there are obviously problems. I don't know the reasons for the delay in the M3P, but I'm sure we'll all be thrilled when we get them. I will be sticking to my performance order!!

My father in law, who was anti tesla and would try and convince me I made a mistake every time we spoke, actually secretly went for a test drive last month, after my constant affirmation to how amazing these cars are. I test drove the performance and I loved everything about it. He went and bought a LR from stock, and is now driving around in it. I was pretty jealous, for sure!! But driving his didn't give the same thrill as the performance. I drive an TTRS now, so acceleration in the 0-60 3.6 second mark, not much can keep up with it when you want to go fast. The LR feels reassuringly powerful, but the Performance made me swear out loud, the grip was better, the acceleration made my TTRS feel sluggish, the feel was more sporty, everything about the car felt right to me... the LR feels good, I'd have one for sure, but not what I want. It feels slower than the TTRS. If you see the videos of the LR being 'nearly' as fast, and think, oh maybe that's enough, then fair enough, and I really think that's fine but that small difference from the outside makes a huge difference when driving. For me, the difference is between nice and thrilling. So yeah, I'm sticking with the performance. The issues with the low charge acceleration are likely fixed already according to the chatter with a software update, they are always making improvements, and frankly at any reasonable charge on a normal drive when you keep it topped up, it will always be stupid fast. If you're going long range, you won't want to burn the battery power down by launching anyway. So I'm happy to wait for my car!
This lines up well with my thinking, coming from a string of AMG’s the M3P was impressively quick, reassuring in the handling, looked the part and braked well. When i test drove the LR it was a lovely car but the ride felt a little less composed, I wouldn’t say harsh but definitely different which proved to me the M3P was more than just a lowering kit, it was quick and for most people would feel extremely so but I understand exactly where your coming from given the current reference point.

I dont know if you noticed the same when comparing the two but I thought the regen braking in the Performance was more controlled, i drove it for 3 hours and never really had that stomping on the brake feeling when letting off the accelerator which i did get on the LR test drive. Could be down to the settings as i didnt dig too deep with limited time but maybe the M3P is biased a little more towards the mechanical stoppers.

After trying them both I definitely have to get the performance, everything about it felt right and we loved driving it, cant wait for it to be delivered, i just hope its sooner rather than later!

Really enjoying the posts this afternoon, great to hear the positivity. I have zero envy for LR people... other than they have their cars !! I am so happy that I have a Performance on order. I had a test drive in LR and Performance in December 2020, and there was an appreciable difference in acceleration and of course aesthetics of the Performance.

We already have two M3P 2021 cars in our company car fleet, which I have driven at various SoC and I have not noticed any problems with acceleration - I have probably done around 1,000 miles since the start of the year. In any case our cars are coming from China, so they will be different again.

All these LR customers cling to reviews which help them justify why they went cheap. That’s absolutely fine - but I wanted the best, and that’s what we are getting. Any short-term glitches will be sorted. The Performance (with my buying criteria) is the best car you can buy. I didn’t want to go cheap and go 2nd best, and always regret it. There are a certain group of LR customers (not all by the way !!), that just love to point out that they have bought the cheaper car and that acceleration is marginal. Well that’s great for them. I particularly like it when they quote that a 2021 Performance is not as good as a LR when the battery is at a low SoC and the outside temperature is minus 14... because they are just the type of conditions that you are going to start flooring it 🤣🤣

At the end of the day, any issues will be sorted with OTA updates and we have the best car on order... not the cheapest though - which is absolutely fine with me.

We are all going to get our texts next week and we will be picking up our cars late May, early June - 2nd vessel, or mid-late June if your order is on the 3rd vessel.

Peace out folks, and have a fabulous weekend. Good things are just around the corner 😊

I walked into the showroom in MK today to sniff one. I'd also not seen the new interior in the flesh. The wheels were still square when I ordered one.

Anyway, one of the chaps there put my order into the all seeing Tesla eye and came up with a similar theme to what I've been told before... the P's are on the second and third boats from China for the most part, late May early June... we'll contact you when... etc.

Really tempted to replace dual motor with a TDI badge. These are the daft things I think about when an order takes so long to arrive.

Reactions: Jez_GB
Allocation by order date - that's a new approach... and so fair... who'd have thought it!

So now everyone is trying to work out where they might sit in the queue. We are fairly sure that Sarah has the oldest order, but what about everyone else, I'm late December.... Go!

Of course this only works if Tesla have matched production and shipping order to customer orders - Ah, there's the rub :rolleyes:
September 2020 First it was November 2020 delivery then February 2021 then March 2021 then May 2021 and now I’m told June 2021. Meanwhile my brother in law ordered a LR in January 2021 and has his car a month now. 🤬

Best post I have seen one here for a while - bravo!! 👌

September 2020 First it was November 2020 delivery then February 2021 then March 2021 then May 2021 and now I’m told June 2021. Meanwhile my brother in law ordered a LR in January 2021 and has his car a month now. 🤬
Blimey, didn’t think anyone would push @SarahWalker72 in to 2nd position!!

Hang in there, it’s the last time you bro in law will be first 😉

Lets not forget the early adopters who 'ordered' in 2016 and collected in 2019 and tbh, for much of that, didn't have a clue as to what spec the cars would finally morph into over the course of that or how orders would be prioritised - apart from a few they essentially were not. And much bigger deposits than as needed now, although at least they were refundable.

• Informative
Interesting thread - so the slow boat from China IS ACTUALLY a thing when it comes to the M3P :D
I only ordered mine 13th April and got told (Estimated) May delivery - should I be taking this with a pinch of salt?

I sacrificed going with a replacement ICE as have been sniffing about Teslas (sound wrong) for quite a while. I took the plunge, but freely admit I'm not the most patient of people :eek: I guess I should be buckling up for a bumpy 'estimated delivery' ride based on commentary here lol

Just got back from the north east after a 500 mile round trip in my Tesla SR plus. I have to say it’s a fantastic car to drive and the whole trip cost me Just over £20.00.

How many times have you done long trips and your backside is in agony along with your back. Not in a Tesla !! The seats are like sitting on the most comfy chair in the world and the adjustments you can make to for your seating position are incredible.

The other great thing about your long trips is how many people you get to talk to and make friends with when you are supercharging. Your journeys turn into holidays and driving a Tesla makes you want to go on trips rather than been forced on a trip. You never get bored of people asking you questions about your car and how excited they get when they see a Tesla.

It doesn’t matter what model you drive. You still see people stop and look as you drive past in admiration. For most of you who haven’t driven a Tesla you had better get ready for all the above and more,especially as you are getting the top of the range Model 3,when I say your lives are about to change, I don’t exaggerate!!

It will be a day of mixed emotions when I get my model 3 performance as “Mavis” yes you will have to name your Tesla, has served me well and we have both got very attached to each other.

However the excitement of what I know about driving a Model 3 and what I’m about to drive blows my mind as the performnce model is unlike any other car in its price bracket.
Nothing and I mean nothing even gets close so get ready for the ride of your lives and driving with a permanent smile on you face as that feeling never goes away.

Worst case you would be expecting a ship to leave from Shanghai soon with M3P’s taking into account 30 says to travel to the UK and a week to deliver to customers. If that’s the case Tesla texts should start going out this week sometime
That’s exactly what I reckon, think Mr Miserable has lined up a few contenders... I shall be watching them with interest !!

Status
Not open for further replies.