Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Alic01, useful info, good point about the MOT.

I guess it's still quite tight though given it doesn't allow much room for shipping or customs delays.
I’m not sure if they cant even process the import paperwork while the vessel is in transit, cargo manifests can be forwarded on in advance so the vast majority of the work can be done and the boat would only have to enter UK territorial waters for the equipment to clear.

Buys them some time but it is still tight, if there was another Suez incident they would miss the end of June deadline and would probably air freight the speakers as they would need to be installed prior to being registered otherwise they wouldn’t be road legal.

I think you'll all be OK - Tesla have a history of pulling things out of the bag right up to each quarters' end. It may even mean offering more customers a home delivery option because these deadlines mean more to them than you.

Stress, worry & angst are all part of the rich tapestry of emotions prior to owning a Tesla, followed by calm, karma & joy (...plus a little red demon gnawing your right knee into rigid submission)

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB
I am calling my lease company today, they can find out what’s going on. This is getting ridiculous now - how do Tesla expect you to plan ahead for anything. No one can tell you whether it is late-May/early-June or Mid-June/late-June. No company is that disorganised that they don’t have a clear plan at this late stage.
Followed your lead called the leasing company and finally got my RN and checked with Tesla directly, until now leasing company was still opptonistically suggesting a May delivery.
Finally a little bit of consistancy, was told M3P will be on the last boat for Q2 expected arrival for Southampton 18/6/21, similar to earlier posts.

Well !! Looks like things are starting to to feel a little bit better and judging by posts today on various forums the following is looking potentially what will happen.

All M3P’s to the UK will be arriving from Shanghai
All M3P’s to the UK will be arriving on the last Delivery for Q2
All M3P’s to the UK will arrive at Southampton docks 16th,17th,18th of June
Mr Miserable is keeping an eye on a ship called TYSLA which is due to arrive in Southampton on the 18th

Starting to feel real !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well !! Looks like things are starting to to feel a little bit better and judging by posts today on various forums the following is looking potentially what will happen.

Mr Miserable is keeping an eye on a ship called TYSLA which is due to arrive in Southampton on the 18th

Starting to feel real !!
That seems like a fairly good summary. Now, who will get the first text... ???

Starting to feel real !!
oh I do hope so

Has anyone spoken to Tesla today for any other updates ?
This was a response I got today

1620321998644.png

Status
Not open for further replies.