Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Easier to check the specs of the inventory models which are in the same batch, e.g. 2021 Tesla M3 Performance in GB listed at £59,990

As already discussed earlier in this thread, they appear to have BT42 battery code, which apparently maps to 82kWh pack which would be Panasonic I believe.
I'd be glad to get a Pana rather than the LG, but couldn't help wondered how does Tesla manage to get Pana batt from Giga Nevada to Shanghai? Didn't know any Pana battery factory in China.

Re: Batterygate - or whatever it is - is it a case of ignorance is bliss? What are you going to do if you've got the "wrong" battery, reject the car? Don't want to minimise anyone's concerns about this sort of thing, but I'd bet if you never knew about it - you'd be none the wiser in practical terms.

Knowledge is suffering in my opinion, on this particular "issue", same with the "errmahgerd the older M3P might be a fraction faster in completely sanitised circumstances, if you squint". You're all going to be getting stonkingly fast cars.
I think you're right and that ignorance is bliss in this case. Unfortunately I joined this forum and found out about the battery situation. What I did was cancel my LR order and replaced it with a P order. My LR had the LG battery as confirmed by the CoC and the difference in range between the 75kWh LR and 82kWh P is small enough to justify the upgrade.

I also just got a text saying
Tesla Update - Your Tesla Account is now complete and we will contact you once your Model 3 is available to be scheduled for delivery. In preparation for your low touch delivery experience, please watch our introduction videos at Meet Your Tesla. Your order reference is RN***. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.
Looking at the page source of Tesla SSO - Sign In I can see that my VIN is LRW3F7EC0MC242xxx

Reactions: Sunderland boy
Re: Batterygate - or whatever it is - is it a case of ignorance is bliss? What are you going to do if you've got the "wrong" battery, reject the car? Don't want to minimise anyone's concerns about this sort of thing, but I'd bet if you never knew about it - you'd be none the wiser in practical terms.

Knowledge is suffering in my opinion, on this particular "issue", same with the "errmahgerd the older M3P might be a fraction faster in completely sanitised circumstances, if you squint". You're all going to be getting stonkingly fast cars.

Absolutely this - with the exception of a slight wobble when the "news" hit, I went ahead anyway.....

I just like to stir it 🤣

Due to FOMO, I just contacted Tesla and spoke to a lovely Emma, who helpfully told me I didn't have a car matched as they are still waiting for information from the leasing company. She suggested I contact the leasing company directly.
Would suggest anyone else waiting for their VIN to contact Tesla as well just in case you have a similar situation.
Only slightly annoyed as first order was placed June 2020 which leasing company cocked up and second one placed in December, so not much of a wait........

Status
Not open for further replies.