Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now many of us know when we're getting our beautiful new cars, has anyone bought a tesla before know when we have to pay for the bloody things? It says on my account "Pay the cash downpayment amount with a wire transfer prior to delivery, or inform us of an initiated wire transfer from your financial institution before delivery day." But I can't see where to pay them. I'm guessing they will soon get wise and ask for the money, but just wondering how that bit works!
I posed this question too.
Reply back from tesla was "approx two weeks before delivery appointment they'll ask for the cash.

Ive got 14 years NCD
5 years clean history
Excess at £500 (which is frankly strong)
SO21 postcode (good apparently)

Tried LV, Churchill, Novo, Direct Line and all the price comparison sites
Best is £776 which is eyewaterinw compared to what others are getting :(
Thats with a £1000 excess - 500 comp / 500 volun

Historically - Range Rover Supercharged (£125k car) - £520
BMW 340i (£45k car) - £476

Ive even fiddled with dates (sweet spot) - makes little difference.

Last edited:
Ive got 14 years NCD
5 years clean history
Excess at £500 (which is frankly strong)
SO21 postcode (good apparently)

Tried LV, Churchill, Novo, Direct Line and all the price comparison sites
Best is £776 which is eyewaterinw compared to what others are getting :(

Historically - Range Rover Supercharged (£125k car) - £520
BMW 340i (£45k car) - £476

Ive even fiddled with dates (sweet spot) - makes little difference.
Is a novo quote worth getting?

I know this has been discussed before, but a recent post on the "Performance not performing" post has got me concerned again. It alludes to the problem being difficult to fix, if at all possible due to the fundamental nature of the '21 P battery.

Just looking for some second opinions as an actual delivery date now rears it's head.

I know this has been discussed before, but a recent post on the "Performance not performing" post has got me concerned again. It alludes to the problem being difficult to fix, if at all possible due to the fundamental nature of the '21 P battery.

Just looking for some second opinions as an actual delivery date now rears it's head.
I test drove a LR today without acceleration boost. I currently have a 2017 BMW 430i. I was gobsmacked with the instant torque and acceleration of the LR. The handling is superb and the instant torque is there at any legal speed. The acceleration felt uncomfortable at times! But I never drove a car with sub 5 sec 0-60 acceleration before. I shudder to think what the performance acceleration will feel like? On balance though I will stick with performance model. The wheels are nicer, the handling is meant to be even better and I want the track mode to be able to control the bias. I actually sort of don't care about the drop off in performance at low SoC as my car should be above 70% SoC 80% of the time. When driving long distances I won't want to Floor it anyway.

I test drove a LR today without acceleration boost. I currently have a 2017 BMW 430i. I was gobsmacked with the instant torque and acceleration of the LR. The handling is superb and the instant torque is there at any legal speed. The acceleration felt uncomfortable at times! But I never drove a car with sub 5 sec 0-60 acceleration before. I shudder to think what the performance acceleration will feel like? On balance though I will stick with performance model. The wheels are nicer, the handling is meant to be even better and I want the track mode to be able to control the bias. I actually sort of don't care about the drop off in performance at low SoC as my car should be above 70% SoC 80% of the time. When driving long distances I won't want to Floor it anyway.
For any one in Ireland who is interested in test driving a Model 3 performance the Tesla center in Sandford will have one for 3 days next week.

Reactions: rgfsr
When I originally ordered it was for a Leeds collection which changed to Manchester in the texts. I booked a delivery there even though it is a bit of a pain but I also emailed them asking about a home delivery. Just had an email back saying they could deliver and asking for my address. Not sure on a date yet but it saves me an inconvenient amount of public transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.