Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do China manufacture all three spec Model 3s? I vaguely recall reading somewhere that only LR & SR+ are MIC & if so the P model is still USA manufacture only.

The presumption was that based on inventory, but given no new M3P inventory has been listed for a while as none is expected until May it’s hard to know, however the configuration shows the new interior door cards on the performance being the same as the other models so they may be China made once any left over 2021 inventory is sold. I guess nobody knows for sure.

upload_2021-2-6_14-58-34.png

Locked in at "old" price, from about 10 days ago.

Congratulations to those who already got an order in! The price differential between LR and P was already a bit extreme, given that “Acceleration Boost” exists. Now it’s just absurd.

Yeah, makes you wonder how long before they raise the LR price to bring it all back in line. Pricing between the various spec M3s has always been a bit quirky. On UK launch, the 3P+ was a relative bargain at £50k, while the LR looked quite expensive for only a few grand less. Now the LR definitely looks like the bargain of the range.

Reactions: pow216
Yep Tesla just confirmed to me on chat that old price can’t be honoured if you haven’t purchased. As a Tesla fan these pricing changes are truly not acceptable and really has destroyed the excitement I had for getting a Tesla.
thank you - I am learning all the time! What are the main differences between the LG and Panasonic ? Good / Bad? Which is best? Presuming they are both NCA?

There's a lot of conflicting information regarding this, but I think the LG version has slightly less capacity. But the same range, which led to speculation that the range on the Panasonic battery is capped to match. They are apparently using the same chemistry.

• Informative
Reactions: 2021_M3P
Yes but with which battery make, the smaller LG or the capped Panasonic, either way feels like a real kick in the teeth for uk buyers now the performance has gone up in price by 3k and now mic,

I would guess LG from China because I think that’s what they are seeing in Europe, but I haven’t followed it closely. Some people insist that P models only get Panasonic batteries. I wouldn’t stress over it too much.

Yes but with which battery make, the smaller LG or the capped Panasonic, either way feels like a real kick in the teeth for uk buyers now the performance has gone up in price by 3k and now mic,

Tesla will not confirm which battery will be in the Performance models for the U.K. I agree with you, this is not a good move by Tesla to increase the price, whilst moving manufacture location to China - it seems opportunistic to me, capitalising on strong U.K. sales of the Performance model !

Same here, M3P estimated delivery date of 2nd June.

What does this look like with regards to timeline because Tesla have gone mute.

I would guess manufacture mid March to mid April and then 4 weeks shipping from China and then a couple of weeks registration etc...

What do you guys reckon?

Same here, M3P estimated delivery date of 2nd June.

What does this look like with regards to timeline because Tesla have gone mute.

I would guess manufacture mid March to mid April and then 4 weeks shipping from China and then a couple of weeks registration etc...

What do you guys reckon?

Interesting that they have given you such as precise delivery date. When did you place your order? All I have to go off is the “May” estimate that was provided on the website.

I believe shipping time is ~30 days. Registration etc is a matter of days. They seem to be delaying deliveries for February arrivals, just so that they can register new number plates.

Does anyone know when our M3P's are likely to be manufactured?

As I understand it, it will take approximately 30 days for our M3P's to get from Shanghai to the UK and then another few days from docking to customer delivery/collection.

With a best case scenario of customer delivery/collection being the first week of May, then that would suggest that our M3P's would need to be getting loaded onto the boat in Shanghai somewhen around the last week of March.

Does that suggest a manufacture time of early/mid march?... Or is there a chance they could be sat on the dock for much longer waiting to get loaded onto a ship?

I recognise this is all going to be speculation, but I need something to distract my attention from all the lucky so and so's who are getting their new toys in a couple of weeks time!

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB

As I understand it, it will take approximately 30 days for our M3P's to get from Shanghai to the UK and then another few days from docking to customer delivery/collection.

With a best case scenario of customer delivery/collection being the first week of May, then that would suggest that our M3P's would need to be getting loaded onto the boat in Shanghai somewhen around the last week of March.

Does that suggest a manufacture time of early/mid march?... Or is there a chance they could be sat on the dock for much longer waiting to get loaded onto a ship?

I recognise this is all going to be speculation, but I need something to distract my attention from all the lucky so and so's who are getting their new toys in a couple of weeks time!

I pressed Tesla SA yesterday for an update on my order date, the response was the ship is expected mid-May at the earliest, and delivery week 4 in May.

That would mean Ready to Ship date around mid April from Shanghai. No idea what percentage of the current ~5k M3s produced each week in Shanghai will be RHD Performance versions, or indeed what the mix will be on the ship between SR+ & LR... although given the delay in Performance and the February/March shipments of RHD LR & SR+ into Southampton... this could mean the first ship is almost entirely Performance variants.

I would have thought that LH March, FH April will be the likely manufacture dates... Tesla like all manufacturers operate a “Just in Time” manufacture process... and will not have ordered materials until the last possible moment, and will not want to tie up FCF “stocking” cars in advance. They will minimise the time between prep completion and ship dates, to the smallest possible gap that they can get away with.

Hi. If it helps, the leasing company I am using through work, have just sent me a delivery date to dealer of the 15/5/21.

• Informative
Reactions: 2021_M3P
Status
Not open for further replies.