Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've given up trying to understand Tesla pricing, but I do find it strange that given FSD is simply a software update, they do not offer them at the lower price without FSD and allow those who want that feature to add it on. Surely they would shift them more quickly that way?

... unless they are just waiting for all the 2020's to go before doing just that!

They are obviously hoping to sell them all with FSD = more profit.

So does anyone have an idea of when MP3 production starts in China and when the first cars will leave by boat?

There was a bit of discussion/speculation about this a couple of pages back in this thread.

The general consensus was that working backwards from a mid-May ship arrival, that suggested a mid-April Shanghai departure date and given the 'just in time' manufacturing process, we could expect a likely manufacturing period around late March / Early April.

I'm probably not allowed in here having an SR+ but here goes: This is a warning to you all ... if I hear of anyone getting a TM3 Performance and then driving it around in "chill" mode most of the time I shall be writing to Tesla ... with copies to Elon himself ... asking that the vehicle be recalled and subsequently reissued to a needy owner of one of the more "moderate" models. Yes, your car will be, err, more than lively ... yes, your passengers may get seasick until you tame your right foot ... but please don't force me to take this action. :rolleyes::D

I'm probably not allowed in here having an SR+ but here goes: This is a warning to you all ... if I hear of anyone getting a TM3 Performance and then driving it around in "chill" mode most of the time I shall be writing to Tesla ...
Same goes for M3P with FSD - the performance of a supercar but using a cautious, short-sighted teenage learner as chauffeur.

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB and Adopado
I'm probably not allowed in here having an SR+ but here goes: This is a warning to you all ... if I hear of anyone getting a TM3 Performance and then driving it around in "chill" mode most of the time I shall be writing to Tesla ... with copies to Elon himself ... asking that the vehicle be recalled and subsequently reissued to a needy owner of one of the more "moderate" models. Yes, your car will be, err, more than lively ... yes, your passengers may get seasick until you tame your right foot ... but please don't force me to take this action. :rolleyes::D
Unfortunately due to having never had a speeding ticket previous to my M3P and now having 2 in the past 12 months i dont go around in chill mode but have to be somewhat more cautious now. i do look forward to been at the front of a queue at red lights though and still love the experience of getting to the speed limit very very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.