Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Thailand where Tesla has not officially here yet. Every Tesla cars are imported by the local dealers. I placed my order for M3P in mid Jan, 2021 and been waiting, reading all your guy's posts here. All of the sudden, the girl from my local dealer told me that my car will be arrived next month. Originally I was told May to June. A bit too soon for me.

I live in Thailand where Tesla has not officially here yet. Every Tesla cars are imported by the local dealers. I placed my order for M3P in mid Jan, 2021 and been waiting, reading all your guy's posts here. All of the sudden, the girl from my local dealer told me that my car will be arrived next month. Originally I was told May to June. A bit too soon for me.
false alarm, fake news. Calling forward up to the manager- it's not my car. Somebody's LR - probably the same lot from China that just recently delivered. I forgot to mention that dealers in Thailand order Tesla from UK because of the RHD.

Does anyone know if the current Suez Canal traffic jam will impact on May deliveries - I heard it could take weeks to get the ship blocking the canal moved!? May be irrelevant but just wondered....

Suez route saves about 1800 nautical miles on a route say from Singapore to Rotterdam.

So you are talking 5 days extra passage by going the Cape route, for a typical PCC doing 17kts.

Any time critical cargoes will take the Cape. It's not uncommon to see ships not using Suez whenever oil prices are low, for example.

Tesla have changed rim specification in the past without warning. People got delivered different spec wheels (and cars even) to what was on the order page. I think with the rims the order page eventually updated and peoples paperwork/order visualisations may have got updated to reflect the spec change. So, unless possibly with an inventory car, I don't think you will not be delivered a car that doesn't match your online account at that point in time, but your online account may change over time from the spec that you originally ordered.

Chatter from when spec changed in the past

I’m really hoping the car comes with the turbine wheels. My worry is they come with the Chinese wheels that certain reports are stating. Amy views ?

When I first found out that manufacture was switching to China, I emailed our Tesla account manager to specifically ask about the 20” Uberturbines, and he confirmed at that point the RHD MIC Performance would have the Uberturbines.

We will just have to see what happens I guess... I would not completely rule out a change to align with the Performance wheels that are used for the Chinese domestic market.

Moderator comment - original post and responses moved to Car wow M3 drag race. Surprising result. Please keep comments on the video to that thread

Might be worth thinking about switching to the LR based on this carwow video pitching the LR against the P

View and comments in thread - Car wow M3 drag race. Surprising result

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we there yet?
It doesn't help when a mate who ordered his LR just 3 weeks ago collected it yesterday!

I had a look round it this morning & the quality is good. There were no mis-aligned panels, the panel gaps were consistent throughout & the metallic grey paintwork was well above average. Comparing it to the wife's X1 I'd say that the Tesla was a clear winner in respect of assembly & paint.:cool:

Reactions: 15Peter20
Status
Not open for further replies.