Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to know people's opinions on why most of the 2021 M3Ps seen so far look like they're on stilts. Kind of diminishes the performance appearance that attracted me to the P variant in the first place. If I'm going to have a firmer ride, I at least want the payoff!

Interested to know people's opinions on why most of the 2021 M3Ps seen so far look like they're on stilts. Kind of diminishes the performance appearance that attracted me to the P variant in the first place. If I'm going to have a firmer ride, I at least want the payoff!
Indeed, there was a RSymons video on youtube where he looked at the ride heights and found the P was actually higher despite having supposedly lower suspension?

Right. Had a quick look and couldn’t figure this out. Are we expecting the M3P MIC to have LFP batteries?
Everything suggests the answer to that question is yes, I believe all car coming from China will have LFP. The SR+ and LR models that were MIC came with them so 99.9% certain it won't be different for the M3P but can't really say 100% until one arrives and is verified.

Everything suggests the answer to that question is yes, I believe all car coming from China will have LFP. The SR+ and LR models that were MIC came with them so 99.9% certain it won't be different for the M3P but can't really say 100% until one arrives and is verified.
Not sure how it can be LFP as it doesn't have the energy density to achieve 82kWh in the pack.

Don't they just go into SR+ because a third of the pack was empty when they used NIC?

Moderator comment - cross posting in different threads will result in duplicate posts and quotes being deleted. Next time I will not spend as much of my time collating replies and duplicate posts and replies quoting that post will be deleted without warning.

This is another interesting comparison between 2019 and 2021 Performance. No doubt we’ll get a LR owner on shortly, explaining why their car represents better “VFM” though, regardless 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB
Moderator comment - quote refers to a post in a different thread deleted due to cross posting. Post moved from Car wow M3 drag race. Surprising result to keep with above post.

Another interesting YouTube clip looking at the new 2021 Performance vs 2019

What's the difference in battery size and weight between the 2021 and 2019 versions?
Seems strange that battery was so different after the runs

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite the temptation, I've avoided trying to justify my decision to those that would demand it. Let alone the call to buy a 'proper' car instead 😄... trolls gonna' troll I guess.

Unsolicited opinions about how someone else should spend their money are rarely for the benefit of the person receiving the 'advice'.

Is it May yet?
I am going to start chasing Tesla for an update after Easter long weekend... I know it won’t help.. but it will make me feel better 😂

It would be extremely unlikely that the M3 PF would come with LFP battery, given its lower energy density. I have not heard any confirmation that the M3 LR MIC is equipped with LFP battery. I would be nice to get the LFP battery though, it's safer, lasts longer, no cobalt. Just heavier and need more space.

Status
Not open for further replies.