Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't pay any attention to that unfortunately- when I ordered back in December the site originally said Feb, then March for several weeks before changing to May (and in that whole time as far as I'm aware no-one ordering after about Nov in the UK has got an M3P). Based on that I'd be very surprised if anyone ordering now did actually get their car in May/June unless there's a huge number coming over now that they've sorted manufacturing in China.
I ordered my M3P in October and was told January deliver, then March and now May so really hoping a nice red shiny M3P is sat on a boat somewhere 🤞

Reactions: gil.i.am
I wouldn't pay any attention to that unfortunately- when I ordered back in December the site originally said Feb, then March for several weeks before changing to May (and in that whole time as far as I'm aware no-one ordering after about Nov in the UK has got an M3P). Based on that I'd be very surprised if anyone ordering now did actually get their car in May/June unless there's a huge number coming over now that they've sorted manufacturing in China.
Oh that's interesting. I was beating myself up because I missed the change of date from Feb and it jumped to May! But I hadn't twigged, that no M3Ps have been delivered this quarter, so I guess that was irrelevant! You must be going out of your mind waiting so long!! But it seems to be standard for other manufacturers though. I ordered an Audi etron Vorsprung last week to replace my Q5, and that's going to be late august/early September delivery because they don't keep that model in stock. Basically I'm going to spend the year waiting for cars at this rate!! 😂

I've seen a few sources say that the UK get about two deliveries of Teslas per quarter. I guess the performance is likely one that makes up the smallest portion of sales for Model 3's, also, the LR model, new orders are saying June, so it might be that they are sending a large chunk of M3P's in May to get caught up. But we're all speculating until someone gets some kind of confirmation...

Reactions: gil.i.am
The silence from Tesla text is deafening !!! If they said along the lines of, the vehicle you ordered is due into the country on May 4th ( made up date) however this date night change due to hold ups at sea. We will then match you to the specification of the vehicle and inform you of a collection day which we anticipate will be in late May. That would pacify me !!! If you spend 55-60k on a car that’s the least you could expect surely !!

The silence from Tesla text is deafening !!! If they said along the lines of, the vehicle you ordered is due into the country on May 4th ( made up date) however this date night change due to hold ups at sea. We will then match you to the specification of the vehicle and inform you of a collection day which we anticipate will be in late May. That would pacify me !!! If you spend 55-60k on a car that’s the least you could expect surely !!
I would just be happy with yes we can confirm that Performance models are to be delivered this Quarter 🤔

Couldnt agree more. When I ordered my Audi S5, I got regular updates from the factory, when it had left germany, which port it was arriving at etc etc. Allows people to plan things like rental cars etc etc.

Reactions: Tezzela
At the moment it seems Tesla are saying drastically reduced acceleration at low states of charge is within spec!

Really putting me off the P, have read so many threads on this now that it's all I need to change my mind back to the LR. The LR is quicker for half the time!

This is pretty much where my head is (despite my avatar!) - Fortunately there is some time to see how this plays out for the OP in that thread.... Having accepted his request to hand the car back under the 7 day rule, Tesla have asked for a chance to sort the issue!!

Couldnt agree more. When I ordered my Audi S5, I got regular updates from the factory, when it had left germany, which port it was arriving at etc etc. Allows people to plan things like rental cars etc etc.
I had a Audi hybrid Q5 TFSIe on order for 11 months and was the same as Tesla - no updates and completely in the dark - guess we just have to be patient :(

Just to add to the emotional rollercoaster we're all having....

Tesla told me today that mine (M3P black/black) is on a ship towards the UK at the moment, and I can expect delivery between May18th and May31st. I'll receive a notification closer to the time. Reminder that cars to Dublin will be trucked from Southampton. They didn't have a vessel name. I've had no text and no other information or indication that a car has actually been allocated to my order.

HOWEVER, the fleet company who are purchasing the car to lease to my employer (it's a company car) told me that Tesla have told them it'll be a June delivery.

All of the above information is from today. Therefore, I've no more certainty today than I had yesterday. But, like most of us, I'm confident it will be within Q2.

I continue to check my phone for any unread text messages approximately 6 times every hour of every day

Just to add to the emotional rollercoaster we're all having....

Tesla told me today that mine (M3P black/black) is on a ship towards the UK at the moment, and I can expect delivery between May18th and May31st. I'll receive a notification closer to the time. Reminder that cars to Dublin will be trucked from Southampton. They didn't have a vessel name. I've had no text and no other information or indication that a car has actually been allocated to my order.

HOWEVER, the fleet company who are purchasing the car to lease to my employer (it's a company car) told me that Tesla have told them it'll be a June delivery.

All of the above information is from today. Therefore, I've no more certainty today than I had yesterday. But, like most of us, I'm confident it will be within Q2.

I continue to check my phone for any unread text messages approximately 6 times every hour of every day
I am nearly at breaking point and on the verge of switching to LR. A TON of them appeared on the Dublin Tesla Website over the last few days. All new. All from China. Perhaps the current boat has no M3P models and we are all on the next boat? The Dublin website still says June for new orders.

I am nearly at breaking point and on the verge of switching to LR. A TON of them appeared on the Dublin Tesla Website over the last few days. All new. All from China. Perhaps the current boat has no M3P models and we are all on the next boat? The Dublin website still says June for new orders.
Hang on in there, just a few more weeks!!

I was very firmly sticking to the P until the recent thread about the low temp/charge performance, and I started doubting myself again, almost to the point enquiring about the option to downgrade. Then I remembered I've told too many people I'm getting the P so I can't back out of it!!

Glad I'm not the only one considering saving some cash with the LR. The most alarming thing to me was how Tesla initially fobbed poor performance off as 'within spec'... not in a million years would I consider keeping my car if it performed like that. Unbelievable.

Worried about how many more stories are going to pop up with a similar theme.

Reactions: Aggs18 and btc1k
Hang on in there, just a few more weeks!!

I was very firmly sticking to the P until the recent thread about the low temp/charge performance, and I started doubting myself again, almost to the point enquiring about the option to downgrade. Then I remembered I've told too many people I'm getting the P so I can't back out of it!!
I would have thought all of the the Tesla range or any other electric car for that matter would suffer on performance when low on battery and the temperature is cold. Keep the faith mate you’ve waited this long you will eventually have a big smile on your face

True, EV’s do suffer loss in performance and range when the ambient temperature is cold And at low SoC. However the losses being reported in the 2021 M3P are way over what most would call acceptable; 0-60 of around 14 seconds worse case!!

I contacted Tesla and received an acknowledgment that there is an issue and that it is being addressed, but we’ve heard this before..... I think I’m going to stick with the P, but still 🤔

True, EV’s do suffer loss in performance and range when the ambient temperature is cold And at low SoC. However the losses being reported in the 2021 M3P are way over what most would call acceptable; 0-60 of around 14 seconds worse case!!

I contacted Tesla and received an acknowledgment that there is an issue and that it is being addressed, but we’ve heard this before..... I think I’m going to stick with the P, but still 🤔
I'm for sure sticking with the P!! New battery pack, new conditions to work through, there are probably unforeseen circumstances. Should they have tested it? Yes!! Can they fix it? If the past has taught us anything, its that Tesla do improve performance over time. They probably need to gather more data to see what the battery pack can take, address some heat savaging etc. Also likelihood is, if we get MiC M3Ps we won't get the same batteries. Might be better, might be worse!! Either way, they will likely focus efforts on addressing it and if anything the car we receive some time this year will be a lot better next year, performance and otherwise.

Reactions: Jez_GB and 2021_M3P
Anyone had any further updates from Tesla? I am going to contact them again tomorrow for our “weekly check in” to see what stories they can come up with this week.

We are getting to the point where you would be expecting a delivery confirmation, regardless of whether it was for May or June !!

Reactions: rgfsr
Status
Not open for further replies.