Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all just thought I would share with you all what the Tesla Text looks Like when you get it. I’ve attached my mates text he received when he took when he was matched to a long range and took delivery 8th of March this year. RN number is changed to protect his details

Attachments

• 4F7A183C-C21F-4908-A714-44778FC4F4EA.jpeg
    4F7A183C-C21F-4908-A714-44778FC4F4EA.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 49
Hi all just thought I would share with you all what the Tesla Text looks Like when you get it. I’ve attached my mates text he received when he took when he was matched to a long range and took delivery 8th of March this year. RN number is changed to protect his details
Try again !! Basically this is the first text we will all receive when we get matched with our M3P They delivered on exactly the day they stated on the text

Lads .... its happening. Just received!

Dear Customer,

I hope you are keeping well.

I am emailing you with great news; your Tesla Model 3 Performance is due to arrive in Dublin on the 26th of June 2021.It goes without saying that we cannot wait to get you into your new Tesla.

Just got a delivery confirmation email from the Irish Delivery team for 26th June in Dublin.

Leaving it a little close! 😬

Ah lads this is brilliant :D :D

I haven't had anything yet, but mines a company car, so it's coming via a leasing company and I'm guessing I'll be slightly slower to get a message. But I'll be on to Tesla in the morning with RN to see what's happening.
As an aside, because the leasing company buy so many cars, they don't get the benefit of the €5k grant (or so they say anyway!), so my company is paying full price. Therefore, if I have the choice, I'll delay by 5 days if it means I get a 212 reg

(really hope my car's on the same boat and truck as yours)

Ah lads this is brilliant :D :D

I haven't had anything yet, but mines a company car, so it's coming via a leasing company and I'm guessing I'll be slightly slower to get a message. But I'll be on to Tesla in the morning with RN to see what's happening.
As an aside, because the leasing company buy so many cars, they don't get the benefit of the €5k grant (or so they say anyway!), so my company is paying full price. Therefore, if I have the choice, I'll delay by 5 days if it means I get a 212 reg

(really hope my car's on the same boat and truck as yours)
Got same email m3p👍 26th is tight, no room for delays🤔

Reactions: rgfsr
Excellent, so now I count 4 M3Ps coming to Ireland: me, you, daz and peanut
Promise I’ll wave!
Is it just Ireland orders so far receiving the texts? I don't have one. Out of interest, what order dates do the people with emails have? Are you all 2020 orders?
To be clear we received emails confirming our delivery date not text. I suspect that’s because they have not assigned a VIN yet.

Is it just Ireland orders so far receiving the texts? I don't have one. Out of interest, what order dates do the people with emails have? Are you all 2020 orders?
We received emails with delivery dates but no texts. I ordered middle of February
I believe the reason Ireland got emails ahead of UK is because of the change in the grant support for EVs over €60,000 where from July first, the €5000 grant will no longer apply. What also happens every July is a change in the registration number assignment from xx1 in the first half of the year to xx2 from July onwards. Some people want the latest reg plate but this time it will be at the expense of losing the EV grant so they wanted to give Irish customers a choice as in the past people receiving cars end of June delay registration until July to avail of the latest reg number

Reactions: corbett666
Doing some sums:
  • Ireland orders will be ready to deliver/collect on 26th June
  • Assuming a (generous?) 1 week transit from Southampton to Ireland delivery/collection locations, Southampton arrival = 19th June
  • 30 Day voyage from Shanghai to Southampton, Shanghai Departure = 20th May.
Even with a 2 week journey from Southampton to Ireland delivery locations, the ship would be departing Shanghai around 13th May (Another 2 weeks away)

So either Ireland orders are not being met by the first P's to arrive at Southampton in Q2, or all the reports of 'P's on the water' by some at Tesla have not been entirely truthful!

Still, at least there are specific dates now appearing. We should be grateful for that at least! :)

Last edited:
Keep in mind that some people getting LR have been advised 14th May for souther UK collectionS based on a vessel arriving on the 5th May there is also a 9 or 10 day lag just in normal unloading, local transport, preparation and admin work.

Couple that with reports that some UK cars are coming on Glovis Sun which is due to Zebrugge and would likely come here afterwards its perfectly possible that they are already on the water, we know there are boats which had a heavy loading in China on the way to Europe, if they are also coming here too then some of our stock left in the last few days and would work out date wise.

Reactions: Jez_GB
Keep in mind that some people getting LR have been advised 14th May for souther UK collectionS based on a vessel arriving on the 5th May there is also a 9 or 10 day lag just in normal unloading, local transport, preparation and admin work.

Couple that with reports that some UK cars are coming on Glovis Sun which is due to Zebrugge and would likely come here afterwards its perfectly possible that they are already on the water, we know there are boats which had a heavy loading in China on the way to Europe, if they are also coming here too then some of our stock left in the last few days and would work out date wise.

I hope you are correct, but unless I'm missing something (and I often do!), Glovis Sun feels a little early to me to be carrying the P's for Ireland.
  • Glovis Sun departed Shanghai yesterday - 29th April
  • 30 Days to get to Zebrugge - Zebrugge Arrival = 29th May
  • 2 Days unloading at Zebrugge (generous?) - Zebrugge departure = 1st June
  • 2 Days to sail to and dock at Southampton (generous?) - Southampton Arrival = 3rd June (23 days before Ireland delivery dates)
  • 10 Days to unload and get to UK delivery/collection locations = 13th June. (13 days before Ireland delivery dates)
....I guess there is always a chance that our friends in Ireland have been given worst case estimates so Tesla can give them all a nice 'Would you like an early delivery' email in the not too distant future!

I hope you are correct, but unless I'm missing something (and I often do!), Glovis Sun feels a little early to me to be carrying the P's for Ireland.
  • Glovis Sun departed Shanghai yesterday - 29th April
  • 30 Days to get to Zebrugge - Zebrugge Arrival = 29th May
  • 2 Days unloading at Zebrugge (generous?) - Zebrugge departure = 1st June
  • 2 Days to sail to and dock at Southampton (generous?) - Southampton Arrival = 3rd June (23 days before Ireland delivery dates)
  • 10 Days to unload and get to UK delivery/collection locations = 13th June. (13 days before Ireland delivery dates)
....I guess there is always a chance that our friends in Ireland have been given worst case estimates so Tesla can give them all a nice 'Would you like an early delivery' email in the not too distant future!
Seems sensible to me, 10 days to mainland collection locations is the mid June everyone is being told just now, additional time for ferry and distribution within Ireland assuming domestic logistics doesnt work a weekend, add on a couple of days extra for extra admin and sitting at the dealers for registration etc and that could easily work out.

Also likely they have built in significant comfort into the dates advised but still a few days from the deadline to give the customer comfort.

The above is just what I would do if i were planning this kind of activity, it could easily be sailing in a fortnight and they have 5 days to do everything when the boat lands!!

Status
Not open for further replies.