Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems sensible to me, 10 days to mainland collection locations is the mid June everyone is being told just now, additional time for ferry and distribution within Ireland assuming domestic logistics doesnt work a weekend, add on a couple of days extra for extra admin and sitting at the dealers for registration etc and that could easily work out.

Also likely they have built in significant comfort into the dates advised but still a few days from the deadline to give the customer comfort.

The above is just what I would do if i were planning this kind of activity, it could easily be sailing in a fortnight and they have 5 days to do everything when the boat lands!!

I agree that it's possible, but I suspect Tesla will typically do everything they can to get cars off of the ship and delivered/collected as quickly as possible as cash in the bank is likely preferable to stock sitting on the forecourt/trailers.

After a bit of investigative work, over in the Shipping thread the wonderful @Mr Miserable has the first GB Q2 ship, Glorious Leader, estimated to arrive in Southampton on 5th May. Trawling through the Orders and Deliveries thread, it seems the earliest confirmed delivery dates are around 12th May.

That suggests Tesla can achieve the first GB deliveries/collections in around 1 week from arrival at Southampton.

A little more investigative work indicates that those with the first May deliveries started to receive their text messages when Glorious Leader was refueling at Singapore, so we shouldn't have too much longer to wait before we get an indicator of whether Glovis Sun is the one for us to watch or not!

....I have just realised that I may be putting a dampener on the proceedings by suggesting we might have longer to wait! Sorry, that isn't my intention. Just trying to generate some knowledge from the available data!

D8416494-E0DA-41CD-85FE-0FC45D482E95.jpeg

Latest drone footage from Giga Shanghai. Uploaded to Youtube today but footage is from Wednesday 28th April.

I had a close look but couldn't see any spoilers installed on any of the cars, but I have a feeling these aren't added until the cars reach the UK. Think there were some Model Y in the mix there too.

Regardless, there's an incredible amount of cars ready to be distributed to new Tesla owners across the globe.

Not sure about that, I asked my SC prior to delivery last April if they made any changes locally and was told no, nothing on Model 3s after despatch from the factory apart from removal of protective transit material.
I'm not sure either but something from the depths of my memory remembers early owners returning to get the spoilers fitted to unlock some extra bhp, so wondered if it was fitted later, like the aero caps. I may be thinking about a different car though.

Also wondered if the spoiler may be susceptible to transport damage marks but that's pure speculation on my part.

EDIT: Was top speed unlock, not BHP

I'm not sure either but something from the depths of my memory remembers early owners returning to get the spoilers fitted to unlock some extra bhp, so wondered if it was fitted later, like the aero caps. I may be thinking about a different car though.

Certainly when PUP (Performance Upgrade Package) was an option, the spoiler and pedals were 'dealer' fitted. As you say, many early PUP cars didn't have the spoiler initially fitted for some reason - I think it was availability.

Several model 3 Performance has appeared in the new inventory for Greece, built 29th April, and built in Fremont according to here:

These links often get turned over so the link on the Tesla website may be broken by the time you look at the car so I've included a screenshot of the Tesla page. Having a quick look around, its the same for other European countries.

So maybe Fremont is where the Performance will be built for us. Based on several people having comflicting information I think we can assume the Tesla staff can't be relied upon at times.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Several model 3 Performance has appeared in the new inventory for Greece, built 29th April, and built in Fremont according to here:

These links often get turned over so the link on the Tesla website may be broken by the time you look at the car so I've included a screenshot of the Tesla page. Having a quick look around, its the same for other European countries.

So maybe Fremont is where the Performance will be built for us. Based on several people having comflicting information I think we can assume the Tesla staff can't be relied upon at times.

View attachment 658892

They are LHD cars though. All RHD M3s (SR+, LR & P) for GB (possibly all RHD countries) are Made in China: Shanghai.

They are LHD cars though. All RHD M3s (SR+, LR & P) for GB (possibly all RHD countries) are Made in China: Shanghai.
Europe has MIC SR+ and LR, in fact they started having MIC before we did, but their Performance cars are still coming from Fremont

There is no hard and fast rule that says all RHD is made in China, only the current SR+ and LR have been but that’s pretty much been the same in the whole of Europe

Europe has MIC SR+ and LR, in fact they started having MIC before we did, but their Performance cars are still coming from Fremont

There is no hard and fast rule that says all RHD is made in China, only the current SR+ and LR have been but that’s pretty much been the same in the whole of Europe
Tesla have confirmed In writing that all I’m deliveries are going to be from Shanghai. It’s well noted that Left Hand Drive Model 3’s for Europe are coming from both Shanghai and the US

We'll have to agree to disagree. The M3 Performance uses a specific battery (BT42) that so far has only been made in Fremont.
This is what’s Tesla said

Good morning Trevor,

I hope you are well.

Your brand-new Model 3 Performance is expected to be delivered in June. Once we get closer to the delivery date, we will be in touch with you. I can also confirm the vehicle is coming from Shanghai.

If you do have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Kind regards,

Julian

GB Delivery Team
T. +44 1628 450 660 E. [email protected]
www.tesla.com/en_GB/support

Davide | UK Sales & Delivery
E. [email protected] T. 0162 845 0660
1619966004831.png

The content of this message is the proprietary and confidential property of Tesla Inc, and should be treated as such. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your computer system and notify me immediately by reply e-mail. Any unauthorized use or distribution of the content of this message is prohibited.

This is what’s Tesla said

Davide | UK Sales & Delivery
E. [email protected] T. 0162 845 0660
View attachment 658906

The content of this message is the proprietary and confidential property of Tesla Inc, and should be treated as such. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your computer system and notify me immediately by reply e-mail. Any unauthorized use or distribution of the content of this message is prohibited.
To be fair someone from that same team has confirmed they will come from Freemont too, hence my earlier comment that the truth is we just don’t know until someone gets a VIN

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
Status
Not open for further replies.