Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can ask 5 different people at Tesla the same question and get 5 different 'authoritative' answers. I could probably also say "You can ask the same person at Tesla the same question on 5 different occasions and get 5 different 'authoritative' answers."

You soon learn to take anything that comes out of a Tesla employee mouth/email/tweet with a pinch of salt - and that goes right to the very top.

Reactions: gil.i.am
Several model 3 Performance has appeared in the new inventory for Greece, built 29th April, and built in Fremont according to here:

These links often get turned over so the link on the Tesla website may be broken by the time you look at the car so I've included a screenshot of the Tesla page. Having a quick look around, its the same for other European countries.

So maybe Fremont is where the Performance will be built for us. Based on several people having comflicting information I think we can assume the Tesla staff can't be relied upon at times.

View attachment 658892
As a new to Tesla female, can I please ask you experts what the difference is between a MIC & MIU model. For me I don t care where its made just get it made and shipped to the UK by the end of June 🙏

Reactions: 2021_M3P
As a new to Tesla female, can I please ask you experts what the difference is between a MIC & MIU model. For me I don t care where its made just get it made and shipped to the UK by the end of June 🙏
It used to be MIC ones had the new door inserts, and heated steering wheels. Reports have also suggested they were maybe better built than the US versions. However last month the US models started using the new interior and heated steering wheels too and most recent cars have been exceptional quality. In reality, it makes no difference. One other key difference was the battery supplier, LG vs Panasonic, which would have meant the LG cars had the new more eco friendly batteries that have less degradation... But that makes little difference as both of them have also aligned their designs.

So in reality @SarahWalker72 unless you looked at the vin number you'd probably not have a clue where it came from at this point, though in the recent past a MIC Tesla would have been a preference.

I think we've had one rogue commination of Freemont production of RHD Ps for the UK. Everyone else (including two independent inquires myself recently) has had a Shanghai promise. I feel like that's probably the most likely outcome.

Also, unless Freemont have miraculously fixed the all too frequent panel gap and build quality issues, frankly I'm still hoping for MIC. Maybe they have, I've not really been following any threads other than this and the ship tracking.

...unless Freemont have miraculously fixed the all too frequent panel gap and build quality issues, frankly I'm still hoping for MIC. Maybe they have, I've not really been following any threads other than this and the ship tracking.
Fremont was definitely a lottery & I believe quality issues arose because of two production lines, one more automated than the other. Many of us received good quality MIU vehicles - I recently compared shut lines on mine with a China built LR & they looked identical whereas my next door neighbours' had all sort of misalignments (fixed by SC).

China & forthcoming Berlin will have the latest machinery so quality should be consistent.

The MIC SR+ use a different type of battery to the Fremont ones (although not relevant when discussing the M3P)
The spec has been diferent as others have said regarding heated steering wheel etc
But probbaly more relevant now is that people like to track the boats the cars are on.

Screenshot_20210503-205809_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lol, how have they not changed this yet?

My estimated date is week commencing 17th May from the leasing company, just a tiny bit of me is hopeful this is correct, but a bigger part of me thinks end of June !
That was the same week for me Sarah.
Whenever we get the text it’s usually 4 weeks from that date. All indications are suggesting mid June.
It will be a mad rush so they get their Q2 sales numbers. Unfortunately for us we are in the minority and the SR and the LR the cars that will push those numbers for them.

Reactions: SarahWalker72
My experience so far:

- 11th March - Ordered a Performance. Estimated delivery: May.
- 12th of March - Paid everything including the deposit for the PCH. Estimated delivery: May.
- Silence... Estimated Delivery: May
- 4th of May - Chatted with a Tesla rep that informed me that no VIN has been assigned to my order yet, and that they expect my order to be delivered in MID-END OF JUNE: Estimated delivery on the order: still May

A part the frustration of not knowing anything about the process, I actually booked a travel to my hometown in Italy for the end of June as due to Covid I couldn't go since last year. Now should I cancel the trip ? No ways to have a more precise date.

When I ordered my previous Audi S5, for more than $10K less, I had a preise update on the Audi App showing all the stages of the car manufacturing and shipping, so I knew using the App when it had been shipped to the UK and I actually informed the dealership about that to arrange the collection.

I love what Tesla is doing in terms of pushing the market, and I love the fact that they almost single handedly change the paradigm around cars updates. but there is A LOT of work to do in many other aspects. They are light years behind many car producers in many many aspects, and I hope they'll get better in time.
In essence I can understand, but I can't condone, as we're not talking about a phone here, we're talking about something that is worth north of £60K, in the range of "very serious cars" !

It does seem maybe the tyres were a factor as it was a wet track too, would of been interesting if it was completely dry. I think there is no question the Michi's are better than Pirelli's, but its interesting that Tesla claim on the site that 0-60 is now 3.1 compared to the old car which was 3.2 but got completely smashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.