Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience so far:

- 11th March - Ordered a Performance. Estimated delivery: May.
- 12th of March - Paid everything including the deposit for the PCH. Estimated delivery: May.
- Silence... Estimated Delivery: May
- 4th of May - Chatted with a Tesla rep that informed me that no VIN has been assigned to my order yet, and that they expect my order to be delivered in MID-END OF JUNE: Estimated delivery on the order: still May

A part the frustration of not knowing anything about the process, I actually booked a travel to my hometown in Italy for the end of June as due to Covid I couldn't go since last year. Now should I cancel the trip ? No ways to have a more precise date.

When I ordered my previous Audi S5, for more than $10K less, I had a preise update on the Audi App showing all the stages of the car manufacturing and shipping, so I knew using the App when it had been shipped to the UK and I actually informed the dealership about that to arrange the collection.

I love what Tesla is doing in terms of pushing the market, and I love the fact that they almost single handedly change the paradigm around cars updates. but there is A LOT of work to do in many other aspects. They are light years behind many car producers in many many aspects, and I hope they'll get better in time.
In essence I can understand, but I can't condone, as we're not talking about a phone here, we're talking about something that is worth north of £60K, in the range of "very serious cars" !

Sadly your experience pretty much mirrors that of anyone currently waiting for an M3P (and many waiting for other models). I totally agree with your comments around the need for Tesla to improve, and in so many areas - the next couple of years will be telling!

When I ordered my previous Audi S5, for more than $10K less, I had a preise update on the Audi App showing all the stages of the car manufacturing and shipping, so I knew using the App when it had been shipped to the UK and I actually informed the dealership about that to arrange the collection.
I fully believe this was the case when you ordered your last car but unfortunately i dont think that would be the case today. My mate is still waiting for his March delivery Macan S and the most recent Build date was advised as April 25th back in March, he has received zero communication if that is the case or not but they haven’t even processed his finance yet or provided an official order form despite having closed his spec and sitting on over £17k of his money so he cant track on the app either.

Our CLA250E order from Merc went from May 15th to March 2022 delivery only 2 weeks ago, they have even informed Tusker they wont be able to deliver any cars this year, so another example of poor delivery from the mainstream suppliers.

I’m not saying Tesla are in the right here, they most definitely are not and were all eagerly anticipating some news that confirms we are even getting a car while the plates have 21 on them. I’m simply saying that right now during Covid with almost all car dealers having been on Furlough for so long and a global shortage of electronics, no one is getting this right at the moment.

More good news. I'm really feeling great about this purchase.
Keep the faith brother!

I had a bit of a wobble a couple of weeks ago, but had a word with myself. Remember, the forums generally carry a negative vibe, lots of really good info of course, but people often come here to highlight a poor experience. The Carwow comparisons, whilst massively entertaining, are hardly scientific!

Despite what you find herein, the chances of you having a poor collection experience, a poor car, and not having a huge grin on you face when you get behind the wheel of yours are slim.

Reactions: M3P_W8
It does seem maybe the tyres were a factor as it was a wet track too, would of been interesting if it was completely dry. I think there is no question the Michi's are better than Pirelli's, but its interesting that Tesla claim on the site that 0-60 is now 3.1 compared to the old car which was 3.2 but got completely smashed.
I wouldn't call that completely smashed. The track was wetter on that side and the tires on the new M3P are worse. It faired better at higher speeds. The differences are marginal anyway! Matt Watson is much lighter than Richard Symons!

I wouldn't call that completely smashed. The track was wetter on that side and the tires on the new M3P are worse. It faired better at higher speeds. The differences are marginal anyway! Matt Watson is much lighter than Richard Symons!
Indeed, the P zero's are not as good as the Pilot Sports. I have the Pilot Sports currently and they are so sticky it's unreal.

Tesla claim 3.1 but that is with a 1ft rollout - I'd never heard of it before Tesla! So 3.3 to 60 seems to be the number from a standing start.

Indeed, the P zero's are not as good as the Pilot Sports. I have the Pilot Sports currently and they are so sticky it's unreal.

Tesla claim 3.1 but that is with a 1ft rollout - I'd never heard of it before Tesla! So 3.3 to 60 seems to be the number from a standing start.
I'm also convinced that Richards M3P has a couple of issues, it seems slower than other 2021 models I've seen tested in the US. I wonder if he got an old one with the new visual enhancements. That said, there is nothing in it. The fact that Tesla still claim the new models can do 3.1 rather than 3.2 (both with 1ft rollout) means they expect the new one to be superior in some very very small way... hmm...

Lets all cancel and go for a BMW i4 instead prob get one of them before the M3P anyways n that's not due till August :cool:
The I4 is certainly going to be interesting alternative to a M3P, near M3P performance except for the top speed, 300Mi range, Proven german build quality and comfort. Good looking interior & exterior for a antispated simalar price.

Guessing Tesla will have a trick up their sleeve to compete, perhaps the M3P 2022 model.

For now it's all talk and no show.. where Tesla have a proven product, just lacking somewhat on delivery turnaround. A UK based giga factory would be nice!

Reactions: Jez_GB
The I4 is certainly going to be interesting alternative to a M3P, near M3P performance except for the top speed, 300Mi range, Proven german build quality and comfort. Good looking interior & exterior for a antispated simalar price.

Guessing Tesla will have a trick up their sleeve to compete, perhaps the M3P 2022 model.

For now it's all talk and no show.. where Tesla have a proven product, just lacking somewhat on delivery turnaround. A UK based giga factory would be nice!
I agree, maybe I should cancel the M3P then wait until 2022, but I have a feeling it may be 2022 before I get the one ordered anyways judging by some who ordered last year and haven't see theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.