Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone from the UK received the email confirming a matching ? If yes when did you order the car ? I've ordered it in March, so I'd like to know if the people that have now a match ordered the car way before or around the same time ! The reps on the chat have very different answers about when I should expect the car to arrive...

Latest from the Delivery team not too much we didn't already not know 😜

White/Black M3P ordered March
Screenshot_20210508_061854.jpg

I'm wondering if these are the first examples of tesla assigning VIN's to export orders prior to the vehicles being shipped?

I'd been led to believe that vehicles only start being allocated to orders once the ships had either passed through the Panama canal (US cars) or Singapore after refuelling (China cars)

What could be 'special' about the Ireland orders that would necessitate deviating from this approach? Could it be related to their grant that's getting pulled in July?

I'm wondering if these are the first examples of tesla assigning VIN's to export orders prior to the vehicles being shipped?
What could be 'special' about the Ireland orders that would necessitate deviating from this approach? Could it be related to their grant that's getting pulled in July?

I don't think these are assigned pre-shipping. My guess is that they've shipped an allocation of RHD for Ireland on an earlier ship than the UK orders due to the cessation of the grant in July.

Reactions: Jez_GB
I don't think these are assigned pre-shipping. My guess is that they've shipped an allocation of RHD for Ireland on an earlier ship than the UK orders due to the cessation of the grant in July

I'm not convinced by that. Anything on the water now coming from Shanghai will be ariving in Southampton in early June. .... assuming of course that they will be getting to Ireland through GB as has been the case in the past.

I would have thought that June 28/29/30 delivery dates that have been given for the Ireland P orders suggests that they too will be on the last Q2 ship to depart Shanghai with all the GB P's, which the reliable @Mr Miserable estimates to be in around aother weeks time (to arrive in Southampton aroound 18th June....possibly on a ship called TYSLA!)

Just to add more fuel to the fire !! I asked our usual questions on Tesla chat last night and was told our cars would be arriving 1st week in June and deliveries would be made 2nd and 3rd weeks of June. Talking into account the Irish members have had vins allocated you would have to assume that other M3P’s would be on the same boat. Looking at all of the above of this were correct you would have to say our cars could be on the Glovis Sun. However if that were the case why has the Irish ☘️ members received vins and the UK hasn’t ? The plot thickens !!

I agree it’s odd. There is no way they did a M3P production run and had exactly the number of Irish models left and no surplus to send to the UK. Unless they took the Irish vehicles from an Australian production run.
My gut tells me the Irish cars may be earlier but they have added a longer lead time just to be safe but again who knows. Can’t blame Tesla for this one as I’ve been told a delivery time but can’t help constantly questioning it and guessing.

Just to add more fuel to the fire !! I asked our usual questions on Tesla chat last night and was told our cars would be arriving 1st week in June and deliveries would be made 2nd and 3rd weeks of June. Talking into account the Irish members have had vins allocated you would have to assume that other M3P’s would be on the same boat. Looking at all of the above of this were correct you would have to say our cars could be on the Glovis Sun. However if that were the case why has the Irish ☘️ members received vins and the UK hasn’t ? The plot thickens !!

......I reckon all those behind the Tesla chat function are keeping an eye on this forum/thread and are having a great time watching us piece together all the conflicting information the are randomly dripping out!

......I reckon all those behind the Tesla chat function are keeping an eye on this forum/thread and are having a great time watching us piece together all the conflicting information the are randomly dripping out!
Lol, that would be a lot of fun (for them) !
I've written Tesla orders for an update. I'll let you know as soon as I'll receive an answer. I've ordered the M3P on the 11th of March in the UK. Let's see if they'll indicate a June delivery for me as well (the advertised delivery was May).

Reactions: 2021_M3P
I don't think these are assigned pre-shipping. My guess is that they've shipped an allocation of RHD for Ireland on an earlier ship than the UK orders due to the cessation of the grant in July.

Yep. Tesla have done this on several occasions in the past to ensure cars meet deadlines in plenty of time. Once I saw that the grant limit on the SEAI? grant appeared to be changing, getting Irish orders that were affected fulfilled early made perfect sense.

In early stages of Model 3 delivery, a number of Scottish orders seemed to leapfrog long standing orders in order to meet a financial incentive deadline and more recently some iirc Dutch orders got preferential treatment for similar reason.

Yep. Tesla have done this on several occasions in the past to ensure cars meet deadlines in plenty of time. Once I saw that the grant limit on the SEAI? grant appeared to be changing, getting Irish orders that were affected fulfilled early made perfect sense.

In early stages of Model 3 delivery, a number of Scottish orders seemed to leapfrog long standing orders in order to meet a financial incentive deadline and more recently some iirc Dutch orders got preferential treatment for similar reason.
So we’ll be the first batch! 😬 Hope it’s not a case of ironing out issues as they go. They’d never do that, would they! 😂

• Funny
Status
Not open for further replies.