Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I’ve enjoyed this thread but can no longer taken part as a waiter. I succumbed to a second hand performance and picked it up today. I will cancel my order and see if they will give me my £100 back in supercharger credits 🤔. I need a car for work in June and cannot be doing with all the uncertainty. Good luck to everyone and hope your cars come in May or June and hopefully not July!

Well I’ve enjoyed this thread but can no longer taken part as a waiter. I succumbed to a second hand performance and picked it up today. I will cancel my order and see if they will give me my £100 back in supercharger credits 🤔. I need a car for work in June and cannot be doing with all the uncertainty. Good luck to everyone and hope your cars come in May or June and hopefully not July!
Nice one - was it the refresh model

The previous performance is faster anyway :cool:

Enjoy, am sure you will love it!

Reactions: Jez_GB and Aggs18
No it was a sept 2020 one, just before the refresh. But the previous owner had done the Chrome delete, black with white interior, toe bar

It will be interesting to know how the tow bar was done and what the V5 will state for tow capacity. I think someone did say that declared tow capacity only affected wheeled trailers, not unwheeled carriers like bike racks. I also understand that on some vehicles it may be possible to get retrospective approval in some circumstances. If these are the case, that will open up options for vehicles without tow hitch from new.

It will be interesting to know how the tow bar was done and what the V5 will state for tow capacity. I think someone did say that declared tow capacity only affected wheeled trailers, not unwheeled carriers like bike racks. I also understand that on some vehicles it may be possible to get retrospective approval in some circumstances. If these are the case, that will open up options for vehicles without tow hitch from new.
I will have a look when I get all the docs, it surprised me as I didn’t realise it had one until I went to pick it up. The seller said you won’t see many of these and opened the case and there it was the tow hitch 😜. I don’t tow anything so would never have specked it but do cycle so will be good for that.

Reactions: Jez_GB and MrBadger
A few base Performance Model 3's (ie without the then optional PUP - Performance Upgrade Kit) came with a tow hitch, but I'm not actually sure how they got specified. I do recall hearing of some coming up on inventory but I think they were LHD models for mainland Europe. I know we do have a few performance owners with tow hitch on here - iirc @Avendit ? The Performance version of tow had a much limited tow capacity - iirc 500kg vs 1000kg, but if using it for cycles the all important accessory weight remains the same if only a couple of occupants. I've never heard of a Performance with PUP (which included the 20" wheels) that has official tow, so that will be a first, but clearly the manual caters for that combination.

1620500077675.png

Reactions: Aggs18
I picked up mine back when we were waiting for the first shipments. I'd ordered an LR with tow and had been waiting a couple of quarters for a VIN and got peeved at them. Decided to start calling them weekly till I got a VIN. First time I called they said they had a red (rather than my ordered blue) p- with tow that I could take, as long as I picked it up in Manchester, that week, by quarter end.

Negotiated a nice deal (think I paid for the P, didn't pay the extra for the paint? While ago now), sorted a work trip to Manchester area by chance (I'm in Edinburgh) and spent a week stressing about financing through the energy saving trust.

Towing is only rated to 500kg, but that is plenty for the uses I need plus lets me hang the bikes off the back. Lowered now, roof bars n box in the garage and use it for all kinds of things I shouldn't 😁. Love it. Amazing best of absolutely everything. Fastest, greenest, pretty practical, 4wd, tow bar. Nothing else does that at all.

Wouldn't mind a set of 19's for the summer, but other projects have priority just now.

Reactions: Aggs18
So I took a trip to Cardiff today for a test drive while waiting for my M3P. I did want to test drive both the LR and P together to decide if I wanted to jump ship to LR if we see further delays. Unfortunately, as its a new store, they are waiting for a performance to come in as a demo which is on the same boat as ours.

I loved the LR test drive but the launch pickup in the first 100 yards or so I thought was quite reserved, then it flew. It made my realise then that the performance was the car I wanted, that initial pickup delay wouldn't be there on the M3P I assume given its a second quicker.

The guy checked my order (ordered Feb 2021) and told me everything looks good an is ready to match to a VIN. There is another vessel coming around next week he claimed then another 2 weeks after that and then another 2 weeks after that. Couldn't tell me anymore than we already know on this thread.

However, I did learn something new today which I thought was impossible the amount of videos and reading I have done. The premium connectivity gives you a spotify and a netflix account as part of the package. I thought it was for the LTE connection you were mainly getting as part of the package and you enter your own Spotify account and Netflix account if you had one, but the guy claimed you get an account included. Can anyone confirm? I just not heard it before if its true, which if it is, the £9.99 a month after the free year makes it worth it IMO.

So I took a trip to Cardiff today for a test drive while waiting for my M3P. I did want to test drive both the LR and P together to decide if I wanted to jump ship to LR if we see further delays. Unfortunately, as its a new store, they are waiting for a performance to come in as a demo which is on the same boat as ours.

I loved the LR test drive but the launch pickup in the first 100 yards or so I thought was quite reserved, then it flew. It made my realise then that the performance was the car I wanted, that initial pickup delay wouldn't be there on the M3P I assume given its a second quicker.

The guy checked my order (ordered Feb 2021) and told me everything looks good an is ready to match to a VIN. There is another vessel coming around next week he claimed then another 2 weeks after that and then another 2 weeks after that. Couldn't tell me anymore than we already know on this thread.

However, I did learn something new today which I thought was impossible the amount of videos and reading I have done. The premium connectivity gives you a spotify and a netflix account as part of the package. I thought it was for the LTE connection you were mainly getting as part of the package and you enter your own Spotify account and Netflix account if you had one, but the guy claimed you get an account included. Can anyone confirm? I just not heard it before if its true, which if it is, the £9.99 a month after the free year makes it worth it IMO.
Sorry, if a vessel left Shanghai in two weeks then it would arrive in Southampton in the last week of June and this would be too late for the quarter 2 deliveries. 2 weeks later and we will be in quarter 3.

Tesla manufacture and delivery cars in the same quarter as that is what their sales figures are based on...

It doesn't give you a Netflix account. You need your own. It does give you access to Spotify without ads, but it doesn't give you an account you can use elsewhere
No he was adamant it came with an account to watch content and said you can only use it in the car, it couldn't be used on your laptop or TV. I don't know, its the first I have heard of it anyway and he told me he had been working with Tesla for 4 years so its not like he was a newbie. Interested to know if anybody who already has premium connectivity can confirm or deny.

Status
Not open for further replies.