Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spoke with someone on live chat, he was adamant that if they are showing on inventory I should have received a text already with a booking in slot for delivery. (I haven't) nor have I received a text since "thanks for your order"

So I called up tesla and their response was "there are no performance in the UK, they are all on the last ship for this quarter with delivery at the last week in June".
didn't really give me an answer on why there are some in the inventory on the tesla website tho?

It's almost like I spoke to two different companies.

Reactions: btc1k
I just spoke with someone on live chat, he was adamant that if they are showing on inventory I should have received a text already with a booking in slot for delivery. (I haven't) nor have I received a text since "thanks for your order"

So I called up tesla and their response was "there are no performance in the UK, they are all on the last ship for this quarter with delivery at the last week in June".
didn't really give me an answer on why there are some in the inventory on the tesla website tho?

It's almost like I spoke to two different companies.
Inventory stock is just unmatched excess stock built speculatively. Everyone with outstanding orders should have received a match but it will take a while to contact everyone so inventory hits the website before people get contacted, i assume it takes a computer seconds to allocate the cars.

The same happened a few weeks back with LR models, many people had noted them in inventory before the masses received their texts but people who ordered the inventory cars still have delivery dates in line with everyone else as the cars were all on the same boat enroute to the UK

Looking here where you get more details, the factory gate date was 7th May so the paint is still wet, but at least there's a decent chance they exist and in transit

Also seems to confirm its the BT42 battery

Reactions: Jez_GB and Alic01
May simply be that they've matched orders, but that part of the order pipeline moves more slowly as they have to assign VINs, update accounts etc. The excess may be a simpler dump onto the inventory system so you see it sooner

Sounds like you should definitely hear this week though?

May simply be that they've matched orders, but that part of the order pipeline moves more slowly as they have to assign VINs, update accounts etc. The excess may be a simpler dump onto the inventory system so you see it sooner

Sounds like you should definitely hear this week though?
Agreed, i think this is exactly the case, so based on that if you have an order in the pipeline and a car which matches your spec is in inventory then you should definitely have a car on the way.….. 🤞

Looking here where you get more details, the factory gate date was 7th May so the paint is still wet, but at least there's a decent chance they exist and in transit

Excellent info, thanks for that, apologies if this is discussed in detail but what’s the score with the BT42 battery? Is that good or bad!?

RHD cars were being loaded onto transporters at Shanghai on the 7th May based on this:

Check out the arm out of the RHS window of the white car moving onto the transporter at 5:54, the driver getting into the RHS at 6:15, and driver exiting vehicle on the transporter at 6:29.

Is the BT42 battery the E3LD variant of the car? Aka Panasonic 82kWh?

Status
Not open for further replies.