Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inventory stock is just unmatched excess stock built speculatively. Everyone with outstanding orders should have received a match but it will take a while to contact everyone so inventory hits the website before people get contacted, i assume it takes a computer seconds to allocate the cars.

The same happened a few weeks back with LR models, many people had noted them in inventory before the masses received their texts but people who ordered the inventory cars still have delivery dates in line with everyone else as the cars were all on the same boat enroute to the UK
Ahh that makes sense, hopefully, we all get a text soon then!

Agreed, i think this is exactly the case, so based on that if you have an order in the pipeline and a car which matches your spec is in inventory then you should definitely have a car on the way.….. 🤞

There are 5 red M3P with black interior, and 2 with b&w interior. Hopefully that means @SarahWalker72 has one on the way safely

Last edited:
Isn't BT42 a Panasonic 82kWh pack? Wouldn't we expect China-made cars to have an LG pack?
I've no idea, just that the BT42 is the 82kwh battery not the 75kwh. I'd previously been sceptical about MIC P because of the battery pack availability so they've either shipped some out there or they're building locally. MIC LR are using the BT38 pack, whereas Fremont LR being shipped to the rest of Europe (well LHD countries at least) are getting the BT42 pack so there is a difference but more so on the LR.

Response from my Tesla Sales Advisor was that the cars are being loaded onto the vessel imminently and due into UK mid June and will be delivered before month end, inventory cars are also arriving on that same vessel so are not in stock currently, they are just surplus manufactured cars as expected.

That's galling isn't it. There are 6 cars in my spec showing on the inventory in various UK locations. Of course they're probably not actually there I get that, but it's quite frustrating to see them being offered to just 'anyone' instead of 'it's rightful owner who's been a good boy and waited patiently for so long'! 😄

That's galling isn't it. There are 6 cars in my spec showing on the inventory in various UK locations. Of course they're probably not actually there I get that, but it's quite frustrating to see them being offered to just 'anyone' instead of 'it's rightful owner who's been a good boy and waited patiently for so long'! 😄
You have been allocated a car before they ever put the left over into inventory, it just takes longer to update your account, your paperwork and you that its happened than it does to put cars on the website.

The fact there are cars of your spec in inventory means you definitely have a car on the boat.

It is true that someone can order today and get one at the same time as you but the comforting thing is that you will definitely be getting yours.

The way to hopefully look at it is 'oh there are 6 cars spare in my spec, so I should be sorted'

Reactions: Jez_GB
Looking here where you get more details, the factory gate date was 7th May so the paint is still wet, but at least there's a decent chance they exist and in transit

Also seems to confirm its the BT42 battery

Where does it confirm the battery 🔋

Reactions: 2021_M3P
"82kwh M3 Battery (BT42)" on the right hand side should be the confirmation. I have no idea how trustworthy the option packs on the website can be though.
My understanding is in the hidden data on the Tesla website each car has various data including the manufacturing code string and things like the dates when made which is what that website lists and decodes and makes visible.

Reactions: Jez_GB
Status
Not open for further replies.