Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Busy at work today, so only got to see all the happy people getting their VIN's early this evening. Naturally I jumped on Tesla Chat, but disappointingly got nothing more than a 'Sorry, you will just have to wait until next week!'. Tried again just now and same response.

It's a bit daft really! I know that getting a VIN won't speed up the ship. I just want something, even if it's just a number!

Busy at work today, so only got to see all the happy people getting their VIN's early this evening. Naturally I jumped on Tesla Chat, but disappointingly got nothing more than a 'Sorry, you will just have to wait until next week!'. Tried again just now and same response.

It's a bit daft really! I know that getting a VIN won't speed up the ship. I just want something, even if it's just a number!
I had the same response I was told they are doing them in batches and he could see from the system I was due to be matched on Monday. I won’t hold my breath lol

yes But once you have the vin you can call Tesla and ask for the certificate of conformity that will tell you the variant which will be a big hint on the battery type
Do you have an example of this, every CoC I have had for other cars are very generic and just cover every possible standard with an ‘as applicable’ caveat.

If Tesla’s CoC are more descriptive or accurate then that’s great and i look forward to seeing what mine looks like

yes But once you have the vin you can call Tesla and ask for the certificate of conformity that will tell you the variant which will be a big hint on the battery type
Easier to check the specs of the inventory models which are in the same batch, e.g. 2021 Tesla M3 Performance in GB listed at £59,990

As already discussed earlier in this thread, they appear to have BT42 battery code, which apparently maps to 82kWh pack which would be Panasonic I believe.

Reactions: Jez_GB
Do you have an example of this, every CoC I have had for other cars are very generic and just cover every possible standard with an ‘as applicable’ caveat.

If Tesla’s CoC are more descriptive or accurate then that’s great and i look forward to seeing what mine looks like
The CoC from Tesla includes a Variant field which basically aligns to a certain battery (E5D vs E3LD). The battery size is also confirmed by the WLPT at the end of the document. There’s an interesting conversation happening in the global forum but this post is a summary MASTER THREAD: 2021 Model 3 - Charge data, battery discussion etc

That’s so weird - he was very helpful with me. Still waiting for my confirmation text or email!! Fingers crossed for everyone else 😁
I basically said to him that I noticed a lot of people getting matched and could he match me up. His response was after checking the manifesto I was due to get matched at 8.00am on Monday along with 100’s of other people. Let’s hope that by Monday we are all sorted and then talk about how the ship is doing etc. See chat attached

Attachments

• F4429B36-DE6F-46BB-AFE2-8F9100AA3BAD.jpeg
    F4429B36-DE6F-46BB-AFE2-8F9100AA3BAD.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 46
Re: Batterygate - or whatever it is - is it a case of ignorance is bliss? What are you going to do if you've got the "wrong" battery, reject the car? Don't want to minimise anyone's concerns about this sort of thing, but I'd bet if you never knew about it - you'd be none the wiser in practical terms.

Knowledge is suffering in my opinion, on this particular "issue", same with the "errmahgerd the older M3P might be a fraction faster in completely sanitised circumstances, if you squint". You're all going to be getting stonkingly fast cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.