Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only tinting the rear windows and windscreen using PP Protect, which can tint the rear windscreen using a single piece !

I've actually heard about them on Tesla Motor Club and apparently they do a great job and they are ne of the few that can do a tint of the rear windscreen using a single piece.

Interesting!.. I have recently looked into PPF and got a quote for the work but got a little jittery by stories from those whose insurance premiums jumped when it was disclosed.

I had my last car ceramic coated only and would thoroughly recommend it, but that didn't prevent the stone-chips in the same way that PPF would have. I also didn't disclose that ceramic treatment to the insurers, although I've heard some describe it as a fancy wax so it didn't need to be!.

Do you plan on disclosing the PPF to your insurers?
What difference would PPF make to insurance, it's basically cosmetic isn't it?

What difference would PPF make to insurance, it's basically cosmetic isn't it?
From what I've read, it basically costs more for the insurer to put right any damage as the repair would also involve re-applying the PPF (and ceramic coating). That additional cost risk increases the premium.

I guess if the insured was happy to bear that additional cost after the repair had been completed then it might not be an issue, but I'm not sure if you still might run into issues by not declaring something like that to the insurer.

Reactions: gil.i.am
Status
Not open for further replies.