Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From delivery Team Ireland after asking for a more definite delivery date:

Hi,
The UK works slightly different to Ireland as the journey is slightly longer for Ireland.
We are expecting Model 3 Performance to arrive at the end of June so your delivery date will be between the 26th – 30th June. We do not know an exact date yet as we still have quite a bit of time before the car arrives however as soon we know the exact date we will update you.

Kind regards,

Reactions: Younumty and rgfsr
From delivery Team Ireland after asking for a more definite delivery date:

Hi,
The UK works slightly different to Ireland as the journey is slightly longer for Ireland.
We are expecting Model 3 Performance to arrive at the end of June so your delivery date will be between the 26th – 30th June. We do not know an exact date yet as we still have quite a bit of time before the car arrives however as soon we know the exact date we will update you.

Kind regards,
Frustrating, but on the bright side.... You will deffo get it by the end of the month so no worries about the grant thing?

I was given my VIN on Monday via the chat, but have had no texts or messages to follow that up since the chat. I suspected it may be to do with it being a 3rd party lease via Santander.

I got an email this morning with all my finance agreement docs to eSign and I noticed it actually had a registration plate number on the documents. Great news to help sort out my insurance. Hopefully this now triggers my delivery texts etc.

Anyone else been told their rev plate? I wonder what the chances are of it changing by delivery day?

Just been on to the insurance company to secure a quote now that I've got a date. I thought quotes were generally valid for 30 days, however Admiral will only guarantee the price for 24 hours and have advised me to get a reg. no. ASAP to fix the price - YMMV

I got the reg. no. for the last car 3 days before delivery - potential for a bit of a sting in the tail here 😞

Since VINs and texts have arrived we need something else to keep us occupied.....like tracking the ship!

Wow, I had no idea there were quite so many boats running about in the oceans.

Good morning all- up early this morning just about to start work but i though i would send a list out of all the members who posted they received a Tesla Text yesterday (hope i haven't missed anyone who posted)

As we stand the first person to receive his car will be SiBurt on the 16th of June

June 17th - Sunderland Boy- MartB-Orange-FastTopCat-Will Wonka-TomHo927-Comaldo-M3P W8

June 18th-M3 Phil-Corbett666-Jez-GB

June 19th-Gma187-CharlieBravo-Weeladdie

June 21st-leewillis77-Steart1980-Shadowsix

June 22nd-Electric Chapel-K3vln-SarahWalker72-2021 M3P-will_Wonka-JennaC

June 24th-abat-MBL80-Die5el

June 30 rgfsr
June 19th for me

Just been on to the insurance company to secure a quote now that I've got a date. I thought quotes were generally valid for 30 days, however Admiral will only guarantee the price for 24 hours and have advised me to get a reg. no. ASAP to fix the price - YMMV

I got the reg. no. for the last car 3 days before delivery - potential for a bit of a sting in the tail here 😞

My understanding is that the 'sweet spot' for insurance quotes is 21 days before its needed. With my delivery being scheduled for the 17th June, I've set myself a reminder for 27th May to sort our the insurance. (not that I'll need the reminder!).

I've decided not to even look before then, as I know it's going to make me wince coming from a Mercedes A220d!

.....Although, if you can't save the quote then that doesn't help much does it?!?!? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jez_GB
The sweet spot is usually 21 days before but with some companies, without a reg they won't insure even if you have a VIN so I had to wait until 7 days and then negotiate with LV, saved a quote, revalidated the quote yesterday and then took it out today.

Next year 21 days before I will shop around properly! Sometimes you just have to take the hit I guess :(

On the subject of insurance, and more of a general point that has been expressed before.. make sure you get a quote well in advance of getting the car, and get it "locked in".

There is a sweet spot in getting insurance quotes, if you try and do it just before you get the car you'll be quoted more - sometimes considerably more - just because of the "oh s**t I need to sort this out quick" factor that these companies know you're experiencing.

Pretty scummy, but that's how these things work.

Perhaps you could just try and get a quote using someone else's reg?

EDIT: Well and truly beaten on the "sweet spot" guidance. :)

On the subject of insurance, and more of a general point that has been expressed before.. make sure you get a quote well in advance of getting the car, and get it "locked in".

There is a sweet spot in getting insurance quotes, if you try and do it just before you get the car you'll be quoted more - sometimes considerably more - just because of the "oh s**t I need to sort this out quick" factor that these companies know you're experiencing.

Pretty scummy, but that's how these things work.

That's kind of where I was aiming, a little premature I grant you, but mine is a multicar policy and this one will be added to it. I had hoped they might accommodate me as an existing customer..... 🤣

Reactions: Sunderland boy
At last, delivery date Wednesday 16th June to home address in Solihull 🥳🎉
Good morning all- up early this morning just about to start work but i though i would send a list out of all the members who posted they received a Tesla Text yesterday (hope i haven't missed anyone who posted)

As we stand the first person to receive his car will be SiBurt on the 16th of June

June 17th - Sunderland Boy- MartB-Orange-FastTopCat-Will Wonka-TomHo927-Comaldo-M3P W8

June 18th-M3 Phil-Corbett666-Jez-GB

June 19th-Gma187-CharlieBravo-Weeladdie

June 21st-leewillis77-Steart1980-Shadowsix

June 22nd-Electric Chapel-K3vln-SarahWalker72-2021 M3P-will_Wonka-JennaC

June 24th-abat-MBL80-Die5el

June 30 rgfsr
I've a delivery date of 16th too. Delivery to home address

Afternoon all- arrangements have been made for the 1st meet up after we all get our cars.

Please pop over to the" 2021 Model 3 Performance meet up" thread for further details. Imagine all those M3P's parked up looking stunning. Please do your best to attend, what will be a cracking day out and a great opportunity to do a road trip.

Sounds good, shame I'll be a few months behind you 🤣

Hope the weather keeps nice for you all! 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.