Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be worth me adding that at the moment I'm home based so car always on the driveway and I wont be doing more than 9000 miles a year. Not sure if that makes a difference to the quotes. Might be worth changing your job title slightly too as I've heard that can make a difference.
I might try Monk 🤣

So I dropped from 15k PA to 9k PA and it does reduce - £643 now. Better but I'm not sure I'll be able to stop driving it once its here! I too am WFH currently but that may change in the medium term.

Last edited:
Reactions: JennaC
Ive got 14 years NCD
5 years clean history
Excess at £500 (which is frankly strong)
SO21 postcode (good apparently)

Tried LV, Churchill, Novo, Direct Line and all the price comparison sites
Best is £776 which is eyewaterinw compared to what others are getting :(
Thats with a £1000 excess - 500 comp / 500 volun

Historically - Range Rover Supercharged (£125k car) - £520
BMW 340i (£45k car) - £476

Ive even fiddled with dates (sweet spot) - makes little difference.
Did you try Tesla Insurance? That's the best price I got by far ~£450 bizarrely even lower though direct line (who provides it) was quoting me ~£650

I know this has been discussed before, but a recent post on the "Performance not performing" post has got me concerned again. It alludes to the problem being difficult to fix, if at all possible due to the fundamental nature of the '21 P battery.

Just looking for some second opinions as an actual delivery date now rears it's head.
I think you can safely say the M3P will likely be the quickest car at the traffic lights 99.99999% of the time you drive it. It seems that there were some issues at low SoC in cold weather. How often will you be wanting to drive it fast when running it all the way down to 20% odd?

The Car Wow test had the car at about 40-50% at 6 degrees and it was pulling 3.2-3.3 0-60. I drive a TTRS that can do a 3.6 0-60 all day long (with Launch control) and also has about a 280 - 300 mile range before I'm in the danger zone. If I'm ever driving long enough to need a refuel I won't be wasting my fuel ragging it though. When I'm just driving around doing most of my drives though, yeah, I'll be making the most of it, same with the Tesla. Difference being, whenever I get in the Tesla, it will be all tanked up and ready to go!

If you're thinking of the LR version, that's fair enough, but for me its just not enough. I drive a performance cars though and the LR felt 'normal' to me. On top of the acceleration though, which you'll likely get the vast majority of the time, if not all the time you use it, you get MUCH better handling, a far more engaging ride and though you can fix it aftermarket if you really want, the P looks way better. And track mode for some serious fun obviously!

It seems that there are reports of poor performance at low SoC, there are more reports of rocket ship like performance, which will likely only improve over time knowing Tesla.

Video I was talking about:
Check 12:40 for SoC and temp.

Did you try Tesla Insurance? That's the best price I got by far ~£450 bizarrely even lower though direct line (who provides it) was quoting me ~£650
one and the same no?
So if I use the Tesla link to Direct Line - it goes up by £258 and the excess goes from £500 (Comp/Vol) to £850.......go figure :oops:

• Funny
Reactions: corbett666
I think you can safely say the M3P will likely be the quickest car at the traffic lights 99.99999% of the time you drive it. It seems that there were some issues at low SoC in cold weather. How often will you be wanting to drive it fast when running it all the way down to 20% odd?

The Car Wow test had the car at about 40-50% at 6 degrees and it was pulling 3.2-3.3 0-60. I drive a TTRS that can do a 3.6 0-60 all day long (with Launch control) and also has about a 280 - 300 mile range before I'm in the danger zone. If I'm ever driving long enough to need a refuel I won't be wasting my fuel ragging it though. When I'm just driving around doing most of my drives though, yeah, I'll be making the most of it, same with the Tesla. Difference being, whenever I get in the Tesla, it will be all tanked up and ready to go!

If you're thinking of the LR version, that's fair enough, but for me its just not enough. I drive a performance cars though and the LR felt 'normal' to me. On top of the acceleration though, which you'll likely get the vast majority of the time, if not all the time you use it, you get MUCH better handling, a far more engaging ride and though you can fix it aftermarket if you really want, the P looks way better. And track mode for some serious fun obviously!

It seems that there are reports of poor performance at low SoC, there are more reports of rocket ship like performance, which will likely only improve over time knowing Tesla.

How long before we all try this 🤣
Ive just dumped my BMW 340i which was pretty good (*excellent) at drifting the twice I did it! Be interesting to see the handling characteristics compared to that when I first sit in the Tesla - having never driven one, its going to be interesting :)

Is that the same battery that these MIC cars are coming with?

How long before we all try this 🤣
Ive just dumped my BMW 340i which was pretty good (*excellent) at drifting the twice I did it! Be interesting to see the handling characteristics compared to that when I first sit in the Tesla - having never driven one, its going to be interesting :)
Haha, fun times we live in when you buy a car on faith :) you won't be disappointed, I went in with exceedingly high expectations, and the test drive didn't disappoint at all!

I test drove LOADS of cars all through 2020 when I thought I was going to be getting a new car. ICE and electric alike. For me getting in the tesla was such a different experience. You don't get the same sense of being in a cockpit as you do with Audi and BMW, you don't feel enclosed, but rather your at the helm of a spaceship than can literally go into warp. I do love the German cockpits, you feel special, enclosed in luxury, but this was airy and light and spacious. It was so good I asked to try the LR after my P drive, coming from a very fast car, I wanted the fastest, but the fastest was nuts. You got that same sense in the LR version obviously, but the drive was far less engaging, less confident, not as responsive and noticeably slower. The M3P wasn't the best electric car I drove during my test drives, it was the best car (for me)! I never tried track mode, but I'll be doing that fairly soon after picking it up hahah!

Is that the same battery that these MIC cars are coming with?
No way to know for sure until someone tests one. But it will likely be the same specification if not a different manufacturer, but my guess will be the same in every way that matters. I might be wrong obviously. I'd love more info up front, but I can't see any of us being disappointed in our cars... when we finally get them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.