Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a slightly different text informing me of the reg. either it's because I'm leasing, or more Tesla communication shenanigans
Teslatxt (2).jpg

I think I have had all the fun there is on offer watching that video, would be good for camping etc to listen to music but other to that it looks a waste of time and such a faff
Totally agree. Even in your example of camping I’d be more likely to use my phone with a little speaker than pull the car up closer. I can imagine using it once or twice to show the kids and then never again. I guess it’s better to have it and never need it though.
I wish they’d spend their time doing more things like integrating Apple Music rather than creating boom box. Maybe it was just an easy by product of the need of the PWS speaker.

Reactions: Jez_GB
Progress this morning. Constantly being told my delivery text would arrive within 24 hours. This time someone on Tesla chat said that my leasing company hasn't given authorisation for Tesla to contact me about delivery yet. Annoying that the previous chat guys had fobbed me off with a generic answer.

Leasing company has now had authorisation from the finance company and passed that on to Tesla so still another waiting game but at least I know it's in progress.

Reactions: Shaji14
Progress this morning. Constantly being told my delivery text would arrive within 24 hours. This time someone on Tesla chat said that my leasing company hasn't given authorisation for Tesla to contact me about delivery yet. Annoying that the previous chat guys had fobbed me off with a generic answer.

Leasing company has now had authorisation from the finance company and passed that on to Tesla so still another waiting game but at least I know it's in progress.
We had a hold up with this as well but once authorisation was received it all progressed pretty quickly.

The only thing to watch out for is that the authorisation receipts are usually actioned towards the end of the day so if you contact them tomorrow they will talk to you as if you are the customer.

Reactions: PSmigg
Be interesting on 10th July everyone have a different story
Here is my story.....everyone was getting a texts but for some reason I wasn't. On my way past one of the Tesla stores, I popped in and asked them to check and for some reason the system thought I was in the US so put +1 in front of my number so never got the texts......this was taken from the Tesla internal page where there is a lot of information but would only allow me to take a photo of the number I had to dial and nothing else.

Attachments

• IMG_8108.JPG
    IMG_8108.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • Informative
Reactions: Jez_GB
Here is my story.....everyone was getting a texts but for some reason I wasn't. On my way past one of the Tesla stores, I popped in and asked them to check and for some reason the system thought I was in the US so put +1 in front of my number so never got the texts......this was taken from the Tesla internal page where there is a lot of information but would only allow me to take a photo of the number I had to dial and nothing else.
Are you picking up from Leeds?

So it seems that the 21-day insurance quote 'sweet-spot' is not a hard and fast rule!

With my M3P collection scheduled for 17th June, yesterday was supposed to be the sweet spot for securing my best insurance quote. Fortunately I got curious last week and decided to request several quotes for comparison purposes.

To cut to the chase, my best quote last week (28 days before collection) was with Admiral at £393, Fully Comp. for 10,000 miles per-anum with £750 Excess (£250 voluntary) with added Motor Legal Protection and protected NCD. To provide some context, I am in my low/mid 40's with 18 years NCD and live in Gloucestershire.

Needless to say I was dead chuffed with that (nearly fell of my chair!) given I was being quoted around £800 around a year ago when I first started looking at Tesla. It's only ~£70 pound more than I was paying for my Mercedes A220d before I sold it a couple of weeks ago!

I was therefore eagerly awaiting even better quotes yesterday at the 21 day sweet spot. Well, the best I could do yesterday was with LV at around £460 for similar cover. Admiral are now quoting ~£500!

Pleased the 28 day Admiral quote remains valid for collection day! :cool:

I already have the reminder in my calendar for next year to start getting renewal quotes at -28 days!

So it seems that the 21-day insurance quote 'sweet-spot' is not a hard and fast rule!

With my M3P collection scheduled for 17th June, yesterday was supposed to be the sweet spot for securing my best insurance quote. Fortunately I got curious last week and decided to request several quotes for comparison purposes.

To cut to the chase, my best quote last week (28 days before collection) was with Admiral at £393, Fully Comp. for 10,000 miles per-anum with £750 Excess (£250 voluntary) with added Motor Legal Protection and protected NCD. To provide some context, I am in my low/mid 40's with 18 years NCD and live in Gloucestershire.

Needless to say I was dead chuffed with that (nearly fell of my chair!) given I was being quoted around £800 around a year ago when I first started looking at Tesla. It's only ~£70 pound more than I was paying for my Mercedes A220d before I sold it a couple of weeks ago!

I was therefore eagerly awaiting even better quotes yesterday at the 21 day sweet spot. Well, the best I could do yesterday was with LV at around £460 for similar cover. Admiral are now quoting ~£500!

Pleased the 28 day Admiral quote remains valid for collection day! :cool:

I already have the reminder in my calendar for next year to start getting renewal quotes at -28 days!
Its good to know, thanks for the insight

Status
Not open for further replies.