Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if Tesla Finance (Black Horse Ltd) will allow me to put my private plate on the car under PCP? I asked Tesla while on the chat and they said it was up to Black Horse to give you permission so now worried I won't be able to use my Private plate. Anyone have experience with Tesla Finance and this situation?
If their T's & C's have not changed, you do not need to tell them - it should be detailed in the paperwork you get for signature, mine from March 2020:

1622561175305.png

Edit: Sadly leasing companies make it far more complicated (at least ALD do) and I can see no reason for it other than unnecessary red tape :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tesl@_MCS
If their T's & C's have not changed, you do not need to tell them - it should be detailed in the paperwork you get for signature, mine from March 2020:

View attachment 668389

Edit: Sadly leasing companies make it far more complicated (at least ALD do) and I can see no reason for it other than unnecessary red tape :rolleyes:
On a PCP you are the registered owner of the vehicle as your finance covers the full value of the car including the final balloon so on a PCP plates are totally up to you and you have the V5 in your name etc.

On a PCP you are the registered owner of the vehicle as your finance covers the full value of the car including the final balloon so on a PCP plates are totally up to you and you have the V5 in your name etc.
This is true, and granted, the leasing company hold the V5, but they could still make the process easier for the end user. Under the terms of the lease I will have several hurdles to negotiate to effect my reg transfer, under the PCP agreement I had none.

Moderator comment - to prevent this thread becoming a sub forum in its own right and to allow other forum members to benefit from these posts and conversely posters in this thread benefit from knowledge in other threads, please can we keep this thread to topics specific to forthcoming Model 3 Performance deliveries.

Useful other threads are, and ultimately OT posts from here will be moved to
etc etc
If you have a question, its probably been answered in another thread, if it hasn't, and its going to relate to other vehicle types, please start a new thread.

Last edited:
Oh really? On the chat today, I asked the question if I would get the V5 or if Tesla would and they answered Tesla so that's why I was confused about how I change the plate without the V5 at hand. I should know better to listen to what Tesla chat agents tell me, I've been caught out so many times with wrong information.....this is why I come on here and ask the experts which are you guys ;)

Oh really? On the chat today, I asked the question if I would get the V5 or if Tesla would and they answered Tesla so that's why I was confused about how I change the plate without the V5 at hand. I should know better to listen to what Tesla chat agents tell me, I've been caught out so many times with wrong information.....this is why I come on here and ask the experts which are you guys ;)
Definitely not Tesla, if it’s a PCP you are the legal owner and registered keeper of the car so you will have the V5.

This is also important for insurance as you need to answer yes to being the owner of the vehicle as part of your application. It’s also why Gap insurance is often a good idea as the shortfall between market value driven by depreciation and value owed to the lender which will include the front loaded interest can be significant in the first couple of years.

Wondering if this batch of M3P from China still got radar and passenger seat lumbar support. Can we assume that they will be like those M3Ps recently delivered in Australia ? Any inputs are appreciated.
I would think yes as they are only stopping radar in the US for now as I understand it and our cars will have been built a good few weeks ago now - guess we will know when they arrive 🤔😜

Reactions: gollygui
Status
Not open for further replies.