Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its got an Anglian prefix (AJ) - I live in Winchester so logic would suggest it would have a Hampshire prefix. Anyone else?
It's based on which Tesla branch is registering the vehicle and which DVLA office they're attached to. That *should* relate to the service centre you're picking up from (as an example, I live in Cumbria, but my current model 3 is an SL19 reg as I collected from Edinburgh). Does that make sense?

It's based on which Tesla branch is registering the vehicle and which DVLA office they're attached to. That *should* relate to the service centre you're picking up from (as an example, I live in Cumbria, but my current model 3 is an SL19 reg as I collected from Edinburgh). Does that make sense?
It does and doesn’t 😂

Obvs ordered online
My local service centre is in Winchester Hampshire and I live 4.5 miles away
Pickup is Southampton dock

if Anglia for whatever reason are registering it’s fine but seems odd based on geographic

We will definitely have cars with radar.

Tesla's own page about transistioning to Tesla Vision says it only applies to cars built for the North American market: Transitioning to Tesla Vision

All new Model S and Model X, as well as all vehicles built for markets outside of North America, will continue to be equipped with radar and will have radar-supported Autopilot functionality until we determine the appropriate time to transition those vehicles to Tesla Vision.

Customers with existing orders have been asked to accept the changes:
Lombar support is unknown...I hope that if they had limited chips they used them for the Performance cars.

Yep, I originally asked for collection from Leeds - provisional reg. no. is YA prefix, so that fits.

It does and doesn’t 😂

Obvs ordered online
My local service centre is in Winchester Hampshire and I live 4.5 miles away
Pickup is Southampton dock

if Anglia for whatever reason are registering it’s fine but seems odd based on geographic
So random. They are sending me to London to pick up mine, so I'm getting a LJ number plate. At least it matches the location... even if I'm still confused why they decided to send me to London, instead of Birmingham where I originally set the pick up to be!

I'll be swapping my plate for my personal plate the first week I have it anyway and getting a vinyl number plate

Same here.....do you have any recommendations where to buy from? Ideally I want to close the gap on the 21 and the next 3 letters if at all possible ;)
Legal spacing is what most sellers offer as its the only thing legal to sell for road use and causes no issues with grumpy MOT testers or even grumpier plod.
“Show Plates” are readily available, but not road legal.
Up to you, but just be aware if you want to alter spacing, you could attract (costly) unwelcome attention from the lads in blue.

FYI - Tesla support told me the change in lumbar support currently only applies to American made cars. Hopefully they’re right, seems like a small change but my partner specifically pointed it out in regards to comfort for her bad back, really don’t fancy telling her they’ve gotten rid of it now we’ve ordered!

F206BF96-DCD4-42A9-AAE8-CC6DCC584E90.jpeg

Engadget: Tesla recalls almost 6,000 cars due to loose brake caliper bolts.
I don't know why this is all over the news. Every time I bring any of my Audi's in for a service over the last 10 years they have another recall on it. 2 of them had all models recalled due to serious safety concerns, that's hundreds of thousands of cars in any given year. Its just something manufacturers have to do, but because Tesla does it, its news.

I don't know why this is all over the news. Every time I bring any of my Audi's in for a service over the last 10 years they have another recall on it. 2 of them had all models recalled due to serious safety concerns, that's hundreds of thousands of cars in any given year. Its just something manufacturers have to do, but because Tesla does it, its news.

I guess for 2 reasons, Tesla is hot topic right now being the most succesful motor company, and the other is that people want to see Tesla fail, like you say if it was Audi that was in the news with a recall, very few people would be interested, yet another recall and skip past it.

I guess for 2 reasons, Tesla is hot topic right now being the most succesful motor company, and the other is that people want to see Tesla fail, like you say if it was Audi that was in the news with a recall, very few people would be interested, yet another recall and skip past it.
Indeed. It gets old quick. Oh look, 200 German made cars crashed today... but what's that!? A tesla crashed!?! Oh my! Sharpen those pitch forks media outlets, its time to scare monger!

My Audi has its own self drive capability. Its nowhere near as good as Tesla autopilot, but fine 99% of the time, but that other 1% its dangerous and I'm 100% sure its killed people. Never seen a single Audi crash make the news... unless it involves a Tesla I guess.

Reactions: Jez_GB
Just received SMS confirming June 17th Delivery of my M3P to my home address.

Had originally been scheduled to collect from Bristol on the same date, but asked via Tesla Chat last Monday if there was an option to swap to home delivery as this is far more convenient for me. I wasn't expecting much luck with this request having previously being told by someone at the Bristol SC that my order was 'not eligible for home delivery'.

I made it clear when asking about the home delivery option that I would only want this if it was within a day or two of the original June 17th collection date, but I was told I would need to wait for the Delivery Team to process the request before this would be known. I was however also told that my original Bristol collection date would remain available if needed.

Didn't hear anything within 24hrs so I went back onto Tesla Chat who confirmed that the delivery had been arranged for June 17th, even though this wasn't showing in my Order details or hadn't received the confirmation SMS.

So if there is ayone else in a simmilar position that would find home delivery far more convenient, try asking via Tesla Chat as there is nothing to lose!

Reactions: M3Phil
Status
Not open for further replies.