Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received SMS confirming June 17th Delivery of my M3P to my home address.

Had originally been scheduled to collect from Bristol on the same date, but asked via Tesla Chat last Monday if there was an option to swap to home delivery as this is far more convenient for me. I wasn't expecting much luck with this request having previously being told by someone at the Bristol SC that my order was 'not eligible for home delivery'.

I made it clear when asking about the home delivery option that I would only want this if it was within a day or two of the original June 17th collection date, but I was told I would need to wait for the Delivery Team to process the request before this would be known. I was however also told that my original Bristol collection date would remain available if needed.

Didn't hear anything within 24hrs so I went back onto Tesla Chat who confirmed that the delivery had been arranged for June 17th, even though this wasn't showing in my Order details or hadn't received the confirmation SMS.

So if there is ayone else in a simmilar position that would find home delivery far more convenient, try asking via Tesla Chat as there is nothing to lose!
Me 2 I reached out to them after accepting inconvenient time and venue to move order through system ,they are sorrting a home delivery once car is docked may be a small cost of around 40 pounds

Reactions: M3P_W8

Had originally been scheduled to collect from Bristol on the same date, but asked via Tesla Chat last Monday if there was an option to swap to home delivery as this is far more convenient for me. I wasn't expecting much luck with this request having previously being told by someone at the Bristol SC that my order was 'not eligible for home delivery'.

I made it clear when asking about the home delivery option that I would only want this if it was within a day or two of the original June 17th collection date, but I was told I would need to wait for the Delivery Team to process the request before this would be known. I was however also told that my original Bristol collection date would remain available if needed.

Didn't hear anything within 24hrs so I went back onto Tesla Chat who confirmed that the delivery had been arranged for June 17th, even though this wasn't showing in my Order details or hadn't received the confirmation SMS.

So if there is ayone else in a simmilar position that would find home delivery far more convenient, try asking via Tesla Chat as there is nothing to lose!
Home delivery on the 17th for me too. I know we get some sort of tracking of the delivery vehicle but I’ll still be like a kid looking out the front window that day!

Me 2 I reached out to them after accepting inconvenient time and venue to move order through system ,they are sorrting a home delivery once car is docked may be a small cost of around 40 pounds
No mention of a delivery fee for me. I am purchasing direct from Tesla and not through a lease company so not sure if that might be the difference?

Home delivery on the 17th for me too. I know we get some sort of tracking of the delivery vehicle but I’ll still be like a kid looking out the front window that day!
I already had the day booked off work to go and collect from Bristol. I work from home at the moment, but I think I'll stay off work on the off chance it arrives in the morning....... and now I've said that it'll be a 10pm delivery!

Reactions: M3Phil and PSmigg
Morning boys n girls just posting reply from tesla finance ref to personalised reg transfer which seems a bit of agg but at least it possible mine is on lease
Dave
Are you using PCP or PCH? PCP you will own the car at the end and should have no issue with plates. PCH (the slightly cheaper option) you will never own the car, its a long term lease from the finance company, so they will want it back as they gave it to you.

Are you using PCP or PCH? PCP you will own the car at the end and should have no issue with plates. PCH (the slightly cheaper option) you will never own the car, its a long term lease from the finance company, so they will want it back as they gave it to you.
The attached email said “Contract Hire”, so it would be PCH so it is expected that Tesla would hold onto the V5 (as per the email). It’s nice to see you could still put personalised plates on PCH. Can’t wait till the 18th!!!

Reactions: corbett666
The attached email said “Contract Hire”, so it would be PCH so it is expected that Tesla would hold onto the V5 (as per the email). It’s nice to see you could still put personalised plates on PCH. Can’t wait till the 18th!!!
Yeah that's pretty flexible of them to be fair!! But I guess so long as they get it back the way they want it, they don't care what you do. Just hold off on the whale tail spoiler I guess!! haha

Reactions: TheFuturist
I'm PCH . As long as plate off for return it OK with them and I guess once you take delivery you email request and they return v5 details to arrange transfer and return new v5 to them

I did exactly the same but was worried they would delay past the 18th which is the date i had booked for picking up in Bristol also. Had a text confirming delivery about 48 hours after I spoke with Tesla chat that the delivery was confirmed for the same day......so much more convenient having it delivered to the door. I have also booked the day off work so the 18th will be a day where my a$$ will be touching vegan leather for most the day......I'm hoping it comes in the morning and not late afternoon, I am going to be glued to the tracking link they are sending on the day its being delivered.

Are we posting pictures or videos of our new machines in this thread or will someone start a new thread for that?

Reactions: M3P_W8
I did exactly the same but was worried they would delay past the 18th which is the date i had booked for picking up in Bristol also. Had a text confirming delivery about 48 hours after I spoke with Tesla chat that the delivery was confirmed for the same day......so much more convenient having it delivered to the door. I have also booked the day off work so the 18th will be a day where my a$$ will be touching vegan leather for most the day......I'm hoping it comes in the morning and not late afternoon, I am going to be glued to the tracking link they are sending on the day its being delivered.

Are we posting pictures or videos of our new machines in this thread or will someone start a new thread for that?
There is a new thread started in anticipation of all the new performance deliveries/ collections starting soon. I did it incase we were told off by the moderator as once delivery was received we wouldn’t be “waiting”anymore the new thread is called

Model 3 performance 2021 collection/ delivery Q2 experience

Not been mentioned on here for a while ref to the 10th July Grantham meet up organised by Sunderland boy ( thread below ) as few new members on here
Well done Davecake!!
So far we have around 12 -15 attendees on July the 10th. Check out what will be a great road trip and meet up. Check the thread titled

Model 3 performance 2021 meet up (Grantham 10th of July)

Get your name down. Look forward to seeing you all on the day !!

There is a new thread started in anticipation of all the new performance deliveries/ collections starting soon. I did it incase we were told off by the moderator as once delivery was received we wouldn’t be “waiting”anymore the new thread is called

Model 3 performance 2021 collection/ delivery Q2 experience

Moderator comment - If you are wanting to turn the sub forum into a them and us two tier forum, then go for it, but tbh, I don't really see any need as there is already a thread for Q2 deliveries. It just dilutes knowledge and doesn't really make the forum very inclusive.

Very few threads are model specific and there is normally a very good reason for it. The delivery experience of someone getting a performance is going to be pretty much identical to those getting their SR, LR, Tesla with tow, Tesla with 19" wheels, Tesla with FSD, Model S LR, Model S Performance (when they start deliveries again) etc etc. you get the picture - only Model S and Model X had anything significantly different in their delivery experience - low volume deliveries which staff seemed to take more care about, but even that special treatment seems to have diluted more recently.

This thread has already become a self contained forum within a forum, asking the same questions that have been answered time and time again in the main sub forum. I notice that after threads were moved to the main sub forum threads, the breadth of answers given to questions was much greater and beneficial to all.

Admin have in the past raised any eyebrow at the UK and Ireland being a sub forum of the main forum topics. They understand why, lots of reasoned responses given by UK and Ireland sub forum members. I don't think they and other moderators will have the same understanding for threads that concurrently duplicate other identical threads. It may simply be merged as a duplicate thread.

Well said @VanillaAir_UK.

Up to now this has has been a very well balanced part of the forum with a group of friendly, helpful owners of all variants of Models S, X & 3 and I for one have learned a lot and appreciated the input of all without any of the elitist undertones appearing here. I also don't see merit in having yet another 'picture your M3 thread' with dozens of photos of identical cars in all but colour.

I'm sure nobody wants to dampen the natural enthusiasm of a group of anxious new owners forced to undergo a longer than normal wait combined with concerns about battery performance. All of that is understandable but perhaps not the apparent desire to break off into a closed sub-group (although I trust that it's unintentional).

Reactions: Durzel
Moderator comment - If you are wanting to turn the sub forum into a them and us two tier forum, then go for it, but tbh, I don't really see any need as there is already a thread for Q2 deliveries. It just dilutes knowledge and doesn't really make the forum very inclusive.
The only reason I set the thread up was in anticipation of you challenging individuals on posting posts about delivery / collections when the performance arrives. If you are saying it’s ok to use this thread then I’m more than happy for you to delete the thread that was set up ( I’m not sure how to) I didnt realise there were set criteria’s when setting threads up

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.