Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still down for this Thursday to be delivered to my home address, would anyone happen to know the process from the docks, i.e. do they trailer my vehicle to my local Tesla dealership, then the dealership checks the vehicle over and attaches the reg plates, then organise a trailered delivery to my home?

PS , I checked with the DVLA https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ if my reg is showing up yet but no details can be found. Guessing this can take a week or so to be displayed.
The car will come direct from docks they finish bits off there .your car gets registered as you sign for it you may need to restart your phone app and car should be in it within an hour and registered

The car will come direct from docks they finish bits off there .your car gets registered as you sign for it you may need to restart your phone app and car should be in it within an hour and registered
I have been told my car is going to be prepared in Glasgow, it’s not coming on a dedicated transport from the docks, it’s only being transported to me from Glasgow. Far more economical to do it that way and would be bonkers shipping cars individually from the docks.

Factor in that I’m probably 12 hours normal driving from Southampton which is likely three days in reality for someone driving with a Tacho and it makes even less sense.

I have been told my car is going to be prepared in Glasgow, it’s not coming on a dedicated transport from the docks, it’s only being transported to me from Glasgow. Far more economical to do it that way and would be bonkers shipping cars individually from the docks.

Factor in that I’m probably 12 hours normal driving from Southampton which is likely three days in reality for someone driving with a Tacho and it makes even less sense.
1.5 tacho driving days from Southampton to Aberdeen is perfectly achievable with 10 hrs on Day 1 at 55mph, i know as i've done it, in fact i've done Southampton to Manchester in 4.5hrs but it was a Saturday morning.

5 days and counting for me and finally get a text...
Tesla Update - We have allocated a license plate for your Model 3 with VIN LRW3F7EC4MC****. Your license plate is: BL21 +++. Please note that we do not complete the process and register your car with the DVLA until the day of delivery. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Good morning all !! Delivery day commences Tomorrow !! Good luck to everyone and let’s see who has the honour of the 1st picture on the thread. I believe we have 3-4 forum members that may have that privilege.
Don’t forget for those still thinking about it, We have a meet in Grantham on July the 10th everyone welcome even if you don’t have a Tesla !!! Just hit the like button or drop a comment in the thread regarding the meeting

2021 Model 3 performance meet up (Grantham 10th of July)

I’m gutted the weather is turning! After all this sunshine, looks like we’ll be picking our cars up in the rain!
Think positive . ..a good test as the rainbow colours of paint chips and flakes wash down the gutters, followed by under trays scattered on the motorway. Wear your wellingtons for the carpets soggy from misaligned windows and bootsful of water...👿👿👿

I’m gutted the weather is turning! After all this sunshine, looks like we’ll be picking our cars up in the rain!
I {jokingly} said last week, and when the totally unreliable BBC with their ‘most powerful weather computer in the world’ were stating an extended heat wave……I bet it all breaks down and rains

It’s looking soggy for most of us and the 22nd has gone from ‘chance’ of light showers in the afternoon to you will be wetter than an otters pocket 😡😭

Whatever the weather it can’t dampen the excitement 🎊 we’re British so just CARRY ON 😂😂

Last edited:
While we're waiting And got enough accessories to open a store ? . I bet no ones got a brolly may be something else to buy with the currect forecast n something to do lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210615-102012_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210615-102012_eBay.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Funny
Reactions: corbett666
While we're waiting And got enough accessories to open a store ? . I bet no ones got a brolly may be something else to buy with the currect forecast n something to do lol
I quite liked the look of the black one on the official store. I haven't got it though as if you brand up too much you look like someone getting out of your Tesla, in a Tesla cap, Tesla t-shirt, Tesla brolly - not the best look.

I'm pretty sure I need a pointless Supercharger cable organiser for my desk though.

2 days to go!! Come on...........

Status
Not open for further replies.