Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone removed the plastic no plate surround yet . I plan to once it arrives ?
Yes I've done mine.

The holders are different from the previous ones you've seen in the videos. The edges don't come off, you just have to bend the bottom section and then snap it out of the clips, then flex the metal plate to remove it. Then you can access the mounting screws as normal.

I've put gel plates on and I can't work out whether they look good or really chavvy, I normally don't do mods. I may end up putting the old ones back on - I'm just not that keen on the green stripe when my car is all black, it stands out too much.

Yes I've done mine.

The holders are different from the previous ones you've seen in the videos. The edges don't come off, you just have to bend the bottom section and then snap it out of the clips, then flex the metal plate to remove it. Then you can access the mounting screws as normal.

I've put gel plates on and I can't work out whether they look good or really chavvy, I normally don't do mods. I may end up putting the old ones back on - I'm just not that keen on the green stripe when my car is all black, it stands out too much.
Thanks for heads up . I had the gel ones made up n don't like the green stripe either .I'll have go with the originals before I use the new ones

Thanks for heads up . I had the gel ones made up n don't like the green stripe either .I'll have go with the originals before I use the new ones
I took the mount off and then used 3M foam tape to stick to the backing plate which I left on - nothing touches the vehicle then.

The front mount is coverered totally by the reg plate, but the back one is slightly larger. Some people have chopped it down to size but I just left it as is as it looks like a neat frame with only a little edge sticking out - maybe better on my black car than say white I suppose. It also helps you get the plate on straight having it there.

I took the mount off and then used 3M foam tape to stick to the backing plate which I left on - nothing touches the vehicle then.

The front mount is coverered totally by the reg plate, but the back one is slightly larger. Some people have chopped it down to size but I just left it as is as it looks like a neat frame with only a little edge sticking out - maybe better on my black car than say white I suppose. It also helps you get the plate on straight having it there.
Would you be able to share a photo of what you've done?

....although I'm guessing it might get moved to another thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.