Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I collected mine yesterday from Brent Cross.Very efficient. Hundreds of cars. Interestingly I think they were forcing a software update, as a large proportion of them had their lights flashing on and off in random patterns. No faults at all. No passenger lumbar support, as expected.

Can we set up a general questions thread in the UK forum? I’ve got so many very minor questions that don’t need their own thread and are hard to find on a search. Would be a good general discussion thread rather than clog up gathering delivery ones.

got mine delivered today as well a big dirty handprint on the drivers sun visor that I can’t get off and a small rip in the trim by the carpets in the passsenger footwell but other than that looks fab - what a machine! Phone app has also just connected so all good so far - even had time to make a few people smile with boombox farting whilst using the supercharger. Love the regen one pedal driving is the way forward 😜

Arrived unexpectedly a day early! Love every bit of it! Have lumbar support on both front seats! Best car I've ever driven 😍
20210623_183441.jpg

Shame the general chat thread was closed, guess we’ll have to dump it all in here.

It’s been great getting to know the car this past week. Still deciding whether to raise very minor blemishes with Tesla or just get on with it.

A few little things:
1. The orange and red traffic lines are pointless. From what I understand they’re data from other Teslas being there but when I’m sat somewhere as the only car in sight with red lines around me it’s a bit daft. That’s not live traffic data or even close.
2. I don’t know what it is but I keep accidentally putting a window down getting in and out of the car. Obviously my fault, user error, but I’ll have to get in the habit of grabbing the door properly, I don’t recall touching the window buttons but I must be. Got in yesterday and wiped the windscreen of the built up rainwater and it all poured in the drivers side which was open 2 inches.
3. Most of the games are “waiting to update”. There’s no way of forcing them to do it. Seems like if it skips them on a software update for whatever reason you have to wait until the next software release.
4. Walked to my car yesterday and the door wouldn’t open. Had to get out my phone and click unlock. Not a big deal but odd, especially since my phone must have been connected to be able to unlock it in the app.
5. Sentry is great but every time I get in the car there’s at least one or two events. I mostly just ignore them now as it takes too long to look at each time but one day there’ll be something I should have checked out at that location. Skipping the video on doesn’t seem to work, the viewer doesn’t like it so you have to sit and wait.
6. It’s a bit weird the some M3Ps from the same factory and same delivery boat have passenger lumbar and some don’t. You’d think they’d all be the same, or at least consistent with a particular model.

Reactions: Sunderland boy
Sorry everyone the “Chat anything Model 3 thread” has been closed down by vanillaAir_UK
Which is a shame as we had a lot of people wanting it to happen.
There are to many threads on here that don’t capture what people want this thread would have cut through the treacle. I would urge your to reconsider your decision VanillaAir_UK ,as there is a huge demand for a thread like this

Last edited:
Do we need to set a thread up and call it something like “ All things Tesla Model 3 “ that way you aren’t limited in what you discuss

Sorry everyone the “Chat anything Model 3 thread” has been closed down by vanillaAir_UK
Which is a shame as we had a lot of people wanting it to happen.
There are to many threads on here that don’t capture what people want this thread would have cut through the treacle. I would urge your to reconsider your decision VanillaAir_UK ,as there is a huge demand for a thread like this
Think it be good idea on 10th if we started a what's app group amongst us alll on the day be easier to stay in touch n going forward 12 heads better than one . . Finding this confusing at times we could jump onto the Grantham thread till then and anyone who can't make it can get number to someone to join what's app group.

4. Walked to my car yesterday and the door wouldn’t open. Had to get out my phone and click unlock. Not a big deal but odd, especially since my phone must have been connected to be able to unlock it in the app.
That was one of my pet peeves when I took delivery last week, nowhere have I seen any videos or information that you must keep the app open in the background. I have a bad habit of closing all my apps down regularly, I never leave them open in the background. It seems if you don't leave the Tesla app open in the background, you don't get keyless entry. Its a small thing, but those are normally the ones that bug the most, just have to get used to leaving that app open.

That was one of my pet peeves when I took delivery last week, nowhere have I seen any videos or information that you must keep the app open in the background. I have a bad habit of closing all my apps down regularly, I never leave them open in the background. It seems if you don't leave the Tesla app open in the background, you don't get keyless entry. Its a small thing, but those are normally the ones that bug the most, just have to get used to leaving that app open.
This is not my experience, if I force close the app at home, and walk to the car. It has unlocked every time.

If however, you are in the car, have the app open, then force close it. Then I find it causes issues when locking unlocking in that moment. Not sure why (the app even says easy entry will not work when you force close when the key is connected to the car).

• Informative
Reactions: Tesl@_MCS
Status
Not open for further replies.